Science Hill Classic

brock20

Well I am sure everyone running the tourney got what they wanted SH vs. Brentwood. This years Arby's has become a flat out joke. Anyone that thinks that this tourney is about seeing the best teams go againist each other is crazy. The Arby's is now about getting Science Hill as far as they can go because they draw the biggest crowd.

Now before I get bombarded with the "Quit being jealous of SH" and "Give it a rest" comments, think to yourself for a second if you are one of the local teams. SH loses to South and pulls a huge comeback againist Central, they could possibly be the 3 or 4th best team in the Big 9 conference. But somehow when the Arby's rolls around they turn into a national powerhouse. How is this??!? DB, who has been playing the best ball in the area by far, loses to a team by 25 and then somehow SH can beat them this team the next night.

I agree with one of Waco's earlier statements. They are getting too many big teams to come to the Arby's and the local teams cannot compete, and the local teams fans are what come to the games. If you wanna let SH advance far in the tourney then fine, put them up against teams they should beat instead of teams they shouldn't even be in the game with.

I agree with one thing. The refs do get science hill as far as possible. I have heard that there is even one ref that is with the Science Hill coach's sister. I dunno how true it is, but i have heard it several times and that ref always refs the games for them. The fouls always seem one sided also. One thing i dont agree with is that the arby's classic is a joke. This was one of the best arby's classics yet with all the good teams and some of the nation's top players. Although i wanted to see Bolivar and Brentwood, i was kind of hoping Bolivar lost to texas so i could watch Chism and Kemp dominate Science Hill

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with one thing. The refs do get science hill as far as possible. I have heard that there is even one ref that is with the Science Hill coach's sister. I dunno how true it is, but i have heard it several times and that ref always refs the games for them. The fouls always seem one sided also. One thing i dont agree with is that the arby's classic is a joke. This was one of the best arby's classics yet with all the good teams and some of the nation's top players. Although i wanted to see Bolivar and Brentwood, i was kind of hoping Bolivar lost to texas so i could watch Chism and Kemp dominate Science Hill

u cant blame the refs for SH winning a hard fought game....in the first game again roanoke catholic Sh had like 9 or 10 turn overs and still won the game...i guess the refs gave them that too.....the reason u guys r whinein is cause ur team cant even make it past the first round....and plus the Dunk Contest is always the most crowded night of the whole classic...STOP BEING JEALOUS OF SCIENCE HILL ALWAYS COMING TO PLAY AT THE ARBYS AND START WORRYING ABOUT HOW UR TEAM CAN DO WHAT SH DOES.......and last night a freshman by the name of Josh Odom and two clutch threes in the final quarter.....i guess the refs gave them that too......anf finally all i ahve to say is just wait till SH plays ur team....and we will see what u say after that

STEP UP

Your right, the Arby's Classic is a joke. Isn't it always funny how all of the local teams, except for Science Hill, never make it past the first round. HAHA. Have you even watched the tournament??? Science Hill had more fouls called on them as a team than any other team in the tournament. You guys are just jealous. What kinda crap are you talking about, the ref getting with coach cutlip's cousin's friend. Are you really that bad that you have to make up excuses because Science Hill is better than you?? Atleast make the excuse try and sound real. That is the sorriest excuse I have ever heard.

ok....i have about thre things to say....one....i have watched science hill play in all their games this year...if u look at the south game omar Wattad got called for more cheap fouls then i have ever seen in my life...and where was that game played at.....South....but anyway...ive watched SHHS played alot this year and at the Arbys they finally came to the team we were all waiting for...they got tremendous post played from wes Lauderback and Nick Crowder....and u say they gave the game to us...thats funny that makes me laugh......another thing hessforprez is the worst basketball player i have ever seen....the reason he might have scored some against SHHS casue our defense was probally to busy laughin at him.....and finally i ahve to say the rest out the conference beter watch out for the second half of the season casue Sicence Hill is finally playing to the ability......

STEP UP

I'm not Hess, and for you to say he is the worst player you have ever seen, well you are an idiot. If you didn't happen to watch the games, which you obviously didn't, the first two games i believe they shot 10 more free throws each game than the other team. And the terrible call on Peavehouse, as well as them holding him all the way down the court helped a little. How do you "master" the post pass?

I'm not Hess, and for you to say he is the worst player you have ever seen, well you are an idiot. If you didn't happen to watch the games, which you obviously didn't, the first two games i believe they shot 10 more free throws each game than the other team. And the terrible call on Peavehouse, as well as them holding him all the way down the court helped a little. How do you "master" the post pass?

if ur not hess...then what r u guys butt buddies....o well umm i actually did watch the games and it was rough on both sides of the court....so u can got cry about it somemore but anyone who has any basketball smarts what so ever come clearly see SH won because they came to play enough said

STEP UP