Who If anyone Can Wartburg Beat?

Jesus Is Lord

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow mr coaching you seem real knowledgeable on area hoops and really hard on the poor kid from wartburg who "believes"

As a coach or former coach you know sometimes kids who "believe" take their mediocre game to another level. Yes, you are right Wartburg has convinced the community that they are the greatest. Sometimes, a little belief and cockiness can raise your level of game to advance you to the big dance in the Boro(along with excellent defense). As you are aware, in order to get a draw and a floor pass, teams must excell at defense which Wartburg does not. All you have done to those folks is poke fun at their ignorance as to what it takes to move on. Evidently, you have been there as you know.

Little Phillip has bought in to this dream--please let the kid live it. Let the community live it and then in late February when they get the bats and balls out, then you can remind them of what it takes to play in the Boro in March. Maybe they can take their bus over there, watch some games, and stay at the Plaza or Holiday Inn or better yet stay in Nashville as the Boro rooms will be full and you can hit the hospitality lounge underneath and greet these boys from the floor. :thumb::D:D

1. Philip2003, "AWSOME" is spelled "Awesome". --- You probably wont learn how to spell that until your sophomore year.

2. (Harvo) Who cares about trophies from Christmas tournaments?? The only one that matters is the one they hand out in Mufreesboro. How many of those does Wartburg have? With the high schools surrounding and the state tourneys that they have won in different sports, you should just ask them: Oneida, Coalfield, Rockwood, Harriman, Oak Ridge.... ask them what it is like to hold up a gold ball....

3: The year Unaka won the state, they played teams like Science Hill (State tourney 3-A), Elizabethton (State tourney 2-A), and Grace Baptist (State finals 1-A). Wartburg's schedule doesn't compare to that. During Unaka's 13 losses, I can assure you that they werent saying "Ohhh, its just a season loss". That is why they won state. Besides the fact that Coach Ensor is now coaching college.... that always helps when your high school coach is good enough to coach college.

4. Rockwood, Pickett, Kennesaw.... it doesnt matter. A loss is a loss. These guys you are defending (Harvo) are the same guys who two weeks ago were deciding whether or not to stay at the Garden Plaza or the Holiday Inn when they play for the state finals in March. GUT CHECK TIME!!! If you cant beat two teams within 50 miles of you, how are you gonna win state??????

5. Harvo: When you say "your" and you are talking about me being 'proud of myself', you should be spelling it: "you're". Have you been teaching freshman English at Wartburg?? I wish I had my red marker with me.....

Take it easy boys!!!! I am just talking a little junk. There were 18 pages of this until Wartburg lost!!!! ;)

Alright Coach,

1. You're right, Unaka did play teams like that, but they also lost to Harriman twice, which won the district 4A tournament. They lost to Pickett County by 23 points. They lost to Cosby by 13 points, and lastly, they got beat by Cloudland by 4 points. They might have played some hard teams, but they did lose to a lot of competition that weren't so lucky to make it to state. Harriman beat them twice, and they didn't even make it out of the region.

2. By the way Mr. Red Marker, when you say, "If you cant beat two teams within 50 miles of you, how are you gonna win state??????", you need to put an apostrophe on the word "can't". It's called contraction Mr. Perfect. So, maybe you should make sure you are error proof before you start scanning deeply into these posts trying to find mistakes. How does it feel?

3. Nobody cares about Christmas trophies. I was talking about a state trophy. No state trophy was given out when Rockwood beat Wartburg, so Wartburg, as far as I'm concerned, doesn't have to worry about it. Wartburg can build from the loss and get better. There's a long time before Murfreesboro, which is spelled with an "r" between the "u" and the "f"(you spelled it mufreesboro up there^^^^). You can't disrespect people on here who don't do things completely right, especially when you are not perfect yourself.

4. You are right, a loss is a loss. Nowhere was I saying that it was a win, but a loss is not a big deal. That was the point. Don't lose faith in the Dogs yet. I'm not saying they will go to state. I'm not even saying they will go to substate. I'm just saying don't lose faith until it's all over.

Edited by harvo20

Alright Coach,

1. You're right, Unaka did play teams like that, but they also lost to Harriman twice, which won the district 4A tournament. They lost to Pickett County by 23 points. They lost to Cosby by 13 points, and lastly, they got beat by Cloudland by 4 points. They might have played some hard teams, but they did lose to a lot of competition that weren't so lucky to make it to state. Harriman beat them twice, and they didn't even make it out of the region.

2. By the way Mr. Red Marker, when you say, "If you cant beat two teams within 50 miles of you, how are you gonna win state??????", you need to put an apostrophe on the word "can't". It's called contraction Mr. Perfect. So, maybe you should make sure you are error proof before you start scanning deeply into these posts trying to find mistakes. How does it feel?

3. Nobody cares about Christmas trophies. I was talking about a state trophy. No state trophy was given out when Rockwood beat Wartburg, so Wartburg, as far as I'm concerned, doesn't have to worry about it. Wartburg can build from the loss and get better. There's a long time before Murfreesboro, which is spelled with an "r" between the "u" and the "f"(you spelled it mufreesboro up there^^^^). You can't disrespect people on here who don't do things completely right, especially when you are not perfect yourself.

4. You are right, a loss is a loss. Nowhere was I saying that it was a win, but a loss is not a big deal. That was the point. Don't lose faith in the Dogs yet. I'm not saying they will go to state. I'm not even saying they will go to substate. I'm just saying don't lose faith until it's all over.

HAHAHHAH.....Great answer harvo......Now evaluate who you are defending!!! A team with no merit!!!!

1. Unaka beat the district 4-A champ!! Great!!! The district 4-A hasnt mattered since 1994 when Oneida and Powell Valley were in the final four. And if you want to bring up Cosby.... lets talk about Eric Coggins. I know you dont want to go there.....

2. How does it feel to put an apostrophe in the wrong place? It feels as good as a loss to Rockwood and Pickett. Was there anyone else????

3. Ohhhh......You were talking about state trophies???? Perfect.....(HA!!!) If you walk in Wartburg's lobby, you can see all of the GOLD trophies they have won. They produce state championship trophies every year............ When did they go to a substate again? ........'88? ..... Nice....Your dad was in high school then..... that was a great year. They won the Petros Joyner christmas tourney that year.....HA!!

And since I dont know how to spell Murfreesboro.... I will go ahead and spell this for you......."Me and my parents have no idea what it is like to make it to a state tournament".......

How is the spelling on that??? Does that work???

4. "Dont lose faith until its over"......"A loss is not a big deal".... Ask Ricky Norris if a loss is a big deal. You dont need faith if you have good coaching and good talent. Ask anyone that comes from a winning program if a loss is a big deal....OF COURSE IT IS!!!!!! Coming from someone who has no idea what the glass house looks like..... I can completely understand.

The only way Wartburg has a chance is to get coach Goldston back. Otherwise.... the inmates will run the prison. Selfish basketball... selfish players.

HAHAHHAH.....Great answer harvo......Now evaluate who you are defending!!! A team with no merit!!!!

1. Unaka beat the district 4-A champ!! Great!!! The district 4-A hasnt mattered since 1994 when Oneida and Powell Valley were in the final four. And if you want to bring up Cosby.... lets talk about Eric Coggins. I know you dont want to go there.....

2. How does it feel to put an apostrophe in the wrong place? It feels as good as a loss to Rockwood and Pickett. Was there anyone else????

3. Ohhhh......You were talking about state trophies???? Perfect.....(HA!!!) If you walk in Wartburg's lobby, you can see all of the GOLD trophies they have won. They produce state championship trophies every year............ When did they go to a substate again? ........'88? ..... Nice....Your dad was in high school then..... that was a great year. They won the Petros Joyner christmas tourney that year.....HA!!

And since I dont know how to spell Murfreesboro.... I will go ahead and spell this for you......."Me and my parents have no idea what it is like to make it to a state tournament".......

4. "Dont lose faith until its over"......"A loss is not a big deal".... Ask Ricky Norris if a loss is a big deal. You dont need faith if you have good coaching and good talent. Ask anyone that comes from a winning program if a loss is a big deal....OF COURSE IT IS!!!!!! Coming from someone who has no idea what the glass house looks like..... I can completely understand.

The only way Wartburg has a chance is to get coach Goldston back. Otherwise.... the inmates will run the prison. Selfish basketball... selfish players.

And just so we know who I am talking about when I say "Selfish players" .... I am talking about the Shannon's.

The rest of the team would be better off without them.

Since when did Middle Schools start having Christmas Tourneys? Petros hasn't had one since I've been alive, At least not a High School Christmas one. As for the bats and balls, I never put mine up. I don't even play basketball, but I'm going to cheer for my team. Yes, a loss does matter but Coaches can't stress that loss for long. No coach wants his team thinking about a loss in a big game. To some players that might get their blood flowing, but to some it brings back memories that can slow them down. Coach Layne is a great coach. Anyone who says otherwise is crazy. How many times did you see Michael Jordan sit on the bench because he took too many shots? Not many. Coach Layne has faith in Jeremy because Jeremy is the team leader, rather anyone wants to admit or not. DJ helps in a lot of ways. Both are good players, but to say the team would be better without them would probably not be true. Yea as a fan there are times I think why you shot that, but there are others when I'm thinking how he made that. Wartburg has lost 3 games, One to Rockwood who we will get to play again, and Pickett who I'm sure everyone wants to play again. BBall man was right OS and Wartburg is the biggest game Wartburg will play until the tourneys. And I'm sure Rockwood out all the teams to play wouldn't want to play Wartburg. And As for the "Little Phillip" I find that funny that is the first time I've been called little since the 2nd grade. Yes, I've bought into This "Dream", but a fan that pulls for the same team, not just the ones that are winning all the time, always is. Wartburg is injured not dead. Until they are dead I'm going to keep saying Wartburg is the best team around.

Coaching please edit my post I'm starting to learn a thing or 2. :D

Dear Coach,

1. Unaka beat a District 4-A team. You said, "The district 4-A hasnt mattered since 1994 when Oneida and Powell Valley were in the final four." That's a very wise statement. It proves my point exactly. They lost to a team who was in a district that hasn't matter since 1994. See the point? If you want to talk about Eric Coggins, then talk about him. He had already graduated the year that Unaka won the state championship buddy. Do some more research and see that that team was led by Kevin Hall and Kent Black. I'll go there.

2. Wow, you're still hanging on a loss to Pickett Co. and Rockwood. Well, I'm not. No one in Wartburg is. I pray to God that you are just a high school student, because if you are a grown man, then it saddens me that you get your kicks by correcting high schooler's grammar, trying to ruin the faith and hope they have, and making fun of people who are much younger than you. Honestly, what kind of adult gets on here and tries to make teenagers feel like dirt by trying to make them relive the past?

3. If you're so smart, then tell me one thing about my dad. You don't need to be saying anything about someone you know nothing about. That's a little insane too. Nowhere did I say anything about your family. And you're right, Wartburg has never won a gold ball. You act like it bothers us. :( Oh well, if you want to think that then you can harp on it until you think that we're in the corner crying our eyes out and ready to quit basketball.

4. I don't care what you think. A loss is not a big deal in the season. A loss is a very important learning experience that MOST teams have to go through to be successful. I don't care what Ricky Norris thinks, but I can tell you that if you come to Wartburg people aren't in tears about losing to Rockwood or Pickett County. No matter how many losses we come up with our community still cheers us on and respects us. I'm sorry you don't live in a place like that.

5. I have a question for you, since you seem to do a lot of research. How many games did Goldston win and how many games has Coach Layne won? I'm not saying that Goldston is a bad coach. He was a great coach. The fact is this. Coach Layne's first year he won 6 games all season. The next year after his system was placed into WCHS they won a district championship.

P.S. It's not my fault you can't spell Murfreesboro. Maybe you should get Philip to give you a couple of spelling lessons. He's a good kid, I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

Edited by harvo20

Dear Coach,

1. Unaka beat a District 4-A team. You said, "The district 4-A hasnt mattered since 1994 when Oneida and Powell Valley were in the final four." That's a very wise statement. It proves my point exactly. They lost to a team who was in a district that hasn't matter since 1994. See the point? If you want to talk about Eric Coggins, then talk about him. He had already graduated the year that Unaka won the state championship buddy. Do some more research and see that that team was led by Kevin Hall and Kent Black. I'll go there.

2. Wow, you're still hanging on a loss to Pickett Co. and Rockwood. Well, I'm not. No one in Wartburg is. I pray to God that you are just a high school student, because if you are a grown man, then it saddens me that you get your kicks by correcting high schooler's grammar, trying to ruin the faith and hope they have, and making fun of people who are much younger than you. Honestly, what kind of adult gets on here and tries to make teenagers feel like dirt by trying to make them relive the past?

3. If you're so smart, then tell me one thing about my dad. You don't need to be saying anything about someone you know nothing about. That's a little insane too. Nowhere did I say anything about your family. And you're right, Wartburg has never won a gold ball. You act like it bothers us. :thumb: Oh well, if you want to think that then you can harp on it until you think that we're in the corner crying our eyes out and ready to quit basketball.

4. I don't care what you think. A loss is not a big deal in the season. A loss is a very important learning experience that MOST teams have to go through to be successful. I don't care what Ricky Norris thinks, but I can tell you that if you come to Wartburg people aren't in tears about losing to Rockwood or Pickett County. No matter how many losses we come up with our community still cheers us on and respects us. I'm sorry you don't live in a place like that.

5. I have a question for you, since you seem to do a lot of research. How many games did Goldston win and how many games has Coach Layne won? I'm not saying that Goldston is a bad coach. He was a great coach. The fact is this. Coach Layne's first year he won 6 games all season. The next year after his system was placed into WCHS they won a district championship.

P.S. It's not my fault you can't spell Murfreesboro. Maybe you should get Philip to give you a couple of spelling lessons. He's a good kid, I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

Great reply harvo. Obviously I have upset you. In all honesty, I really dont care. You're attitude about Wartburg basketball explains precisely my point. The reason they never win anything is because no one cares. Two weeks ago before Wartburg lost, half of their team was on here talking about how good that they are. Now after three losses, it's you, me, and a freshman talking junk. Seriously, did you not see this coming? They are not THAT good of a basketball team. (GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE POST ORANGENATION STARTED).

I dont care if I upset you or anyone else who talks about Wartburg. So save your guilt trip. If your players can dish it out, then they should be able to take it.

Dear Coach,

Truthfully, you didn't upset me. Really I just enjoy getting on here and having a good argument. Lol, I really like arguing. I'm sorry for trying to put you through a guilt trip. Thanks, I have enjoyed arguing with you, and if you ever feel like arguing with anyone, you know my name and where to find me :thumb: . It's okay to feel how you feel about Wartburg. You are entitled to your opinion. . I hope wherever your area, wherever you're from (must be local because you know a lot about around here) has a good season. Thanks again for arguing with me. :lol:

P.S. Half of my team wasn't on here talking smack. I know almost everyone's CoachT name from Wartburg and those weren't our players. It's mostly been fans. And I never talked smack. I never said Wartburg was awesome or anything. I just took up for my team. You may think they have no merit, but they are my teammates and I will stand by them, lose or win.

Edited by harvo20