Thoughts on McMinn Central

sumzdad

listen,

you might have played, but the team was actually the 93 team, not 94. Davis has been around, but he knows more about different situations than a guy at a losing program would.

what do you learn from a loser? how to lose.

Well, what do you learn from walking into a strong program? Davis didn't have to build anything--it was already there. And when fans of that strong program started riding his butt about his performance, he resigned from the football program. So he isn't really a coach in a strong program, he's just a teacher who quit when the pressure got too high. What do you learn from a quitter? How to quit.

personally i like both guys, but you gotta give davis more respect than you're showin him. he was a college assistant at a 1A school, he was a student assistant on an SEC championship team. regardless of jumping around, he has succeeded. by the way, did you know that the coach at your favorite college has had several different jobs before they got any head coaching position? and by the time their 30 probably have been at 5 or 6 schools. there is nothing wrong with AMBITION.

You don't spend 7 years trying to fix a one-sided program without ambition. Coach Derrick's side of the ball has consistently performed better than the other side. Kudos to him for finally realizing he's just too good for that program.

you are all wrong about him moving off. he is done with college ball because of the constant time in office and pressure. high school is his game. he is a Dcoord. at a very competitive Ga team. NO HE ISN'T.

and by the way, derrick was the quarterback of that team but didn't play in three games cuz he was injured. they were more of a running team too.

They lost 2 of those 3. He played part of the one that they won--and we all know that wasn't even a contest anyway.

davis had like 9 picks that year.

and whoever says anything about "classroom experience" (sumzdad) must not realize that PE and/or Driver's Ed don't take much to pull off.

Who are you even talking about? Derrick teaches Advanced Placement History, Geography, Economics, etc., and holds a Masters Degree in Technology. (not P.E.)

If he taught P.E. and Driver's Ed, maybe Freeman would have hired him already. It is obvious from your post (please take a High School English class) that classroom experience is not important to you, but the kids in this county could really benefit from someone who is just as strong off the field as he is on it. I have been following this post for awhile & I didn't really have anything to say, but this is ridiculous. High School is not the most important time of these kids' lives. Let's hire the person who knows that.

And by the way, I see that there's no pi$$ing contest referee when you all are slamming Derrick.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has slammed Derrick? I can't find a negative word about him. I was one that mentioned that this has become pi$$ing contest, and I was referring to people choosing between Brandon and Heath- so I guess I was referee for him. Like I said, either would be a good choice and I could make a strong argument for both. Let's just hope they get it right, and more importantly that they hurry up so both men can go on about their business.

I really have debated about responding to this post, but like the previous poster just said, I can't help it, lol. First of all, why be negative towards either guy. I don't think Johnny was being negative, I don't think I have been negative towards either, I have only stated positives. I just hate to see relivmom bashing Davis for being able to be a part of a good program, last time I checked however, Northwest has never been a Georgia Powerhouse, if I'm not mistaking and if my research is correct, Northwest was 4-6 and 4-6 the two previous years before Davis joined the staff, his first year there they went 9-3 and won their first ever playoff game. Am I saying he did all that, NO, I'm saying he was a part of a strong staff that worked together to have success. You say he resigned when he felt pressure, What makes you think he had pressure to resign. Maybe he is like Derrick and would like to come back closer to home, I don't know, only he knows, but I assure you it wasn't because he received pressure. I guess my point is this, I have seen lots of post on here, some supporting Derrick and some supporting Davis, keep it at that, support your guy and if he gets it great, if not, dont bash the others. I'm sure if you asked Derrick, Davis, and Gossett you would never hear one negative word about the other, and that is how it should be. Good Luck to the future of McMinn Central and their new Coach, whoever he may be.

Edited by raiderfanone

Who has slammed Derrick? I can't find a negative word about him. I was one that mentioned that this has become pi$$ing contest, and I was referring to people choosing between Brandon and Heath- so I guess I was referee for him. Like I said, either would be a good choice and I could make a strong argument for both. Let's just hope they get it right, and more importantly that they hurry up so both men can go on about their business.

For who has slammed Derrick, see CORLEONE's post. Calling Derrick a loser can in no way be construed as positive or encouraging. I "just hate" to see ANYONE bashing Derrick for going into a program that needs work. Isn't that what Central is?

I was simply making a point for CORLEONE. Just like he can take things about "my guy" and put an ugly spin on them, I can take things about "his guy" and do the same. Funny, huh?

I wish everyone the best & I also hope that someone makes a decision soon. It's a shame, though, that there's no way to get them both. There's only one head coaching spot & 2 guys with head coaching ability. At this point in their careers, I wouldn't expect one to work for the other.

You are correct, I did overlook that post, I for one think both guys just want a chance to take this program to the next level, though I am pulling for Davis, I know he thinks the world of Derrick and I'm sure Derrick does him also, good luck all.

For who has slammed Derrick, see CORLEONE's post. Calling Derrick a loser can in no way be construed as positive or encouraging. I "just hate" to see ANYONE bashing Derrick for going into a program that needs work. Isn't that what Central is?

I was simply making a point for CORLEONE. Just like he can take things about "my guy" and put an ugly spin on them, I can take things about "his guy" and do the same. Funny, huh?

I wish everyone the best & I also hope that someone makes a decision soon. It's a shame, though, that there's no way to get them both. There's only one head coaching spot & 2 guys with head coaching ability. At this point in their careers, I wouldn't expect one to work for the other.

I must admit, I missed that little dig as well. I guess since Derrick's name wasn't listed it made it easy to overlook. However, don't bring yourself down to that level just because one poster does. It just makes you look bad as well. I think everyone should just keep all negativity about either of the candidates out of the discussion. If we aren't careful then the players (who I know read this) won't respect either coach before they are given a chance. Like I said, I think both coaches are well qualified. With that said, there is something that needs to be mentioned. A head coach is only as good as his assistants and his players. If either guy can't bring in a few of his own guys to help him turn the program around, it may be a long road. There is some talent at Central and the upcoming freshmen are a good group as well, but I'm hearing they are having trouble finding a spot for one coach much less a couple of guys. This is part of the reason a coach hasn't been named yet.