GP West

bhs2006

According to the seeding criteria, no Smyrna wrestlers qualify to be seeded. Yes, they may be pretty good wrestlers. But in this tournament, they don't deserve a seed. I sent information that might help, but I knew they wouldn't get seeded. I am not complaining about where any of my wrestlers are.

the comment was that it was seeded poorly, I was simply giving an example. I am not saying it was your fault. I think that using being a state qualifier shouldn't be the #3 criteria. I think that would have made the seeding better.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone explain to me why they would have, say for example, Sommers from Smyrna, wrestled tonight (won both times, go Spence) and tomorrow he has to go against the #1 guy in the quarterfinals?? Looks like that is happening all up and down the brackets. Still learning this stuff, but it seems to me that he should be wrestling the #1 guy in the semi's or the finals................Thanks for any help in understanding this.

To start... Kelly Felix is the #1 guy.

It seems quite fair to me as dad. Spencer is going at about 3/4th speed right now and as a result the seeding actually is more accurate than you thnik; at least at 145. He will have #2 ranked & 3rd seeded Ben Scott of Ridgeway in the AM 1/4's, then possibly Zack Goss, #1 ranked and state champ in D2 in the semi's and then #1 ranked- D1 and #1 seeded Kelly Felix in the finals should he survive.

No predictions on this one and I'm not going to tell you what my gut says. :unsure:

Now, here's a few to look for: Robinson from McCallie and Robertson of Soddy. Another will be Minnwell of Clarksville and Cook of McCallie. Pair and Meadows at 125. And Konz & Will Young will be a good one at 135. Ulric Winesburg & Kellen Holiman could be a good one. These are ones I can predict for finals. :D

Note: Soddy was missing a few starters as is McCallie. Clarksville came fairly loaded and should do fine. Smyrna could pull up close. (hey, in all seriousness though,,, we are much better than last year at this time... We were about 20th Friday evening, if I remember right).

My goodness, that Josh Patton of Blackman is loaded with skill and coming right along. I like him better at the lower weight as a freshman. Watch him as he continues to develop. This little Hebda kid @ 112, another frosh, is into the 1/4's and looking good!! :D

Unrelated to the tournament...

Side note: In recent duals, did everyone know that Rhea Co. got the monkey of the back there in Dayton and beat Cleveland and then Cleveland turns around and beats ND? Next thing you know, Walker Valley will beat Rhea Co. Congrats to the Golden Eagles!! :D:unsure:

Edited by Sommers

My goodness, that Josh Patton of Blackman is loaded with skill and coming right along. I like him better at the lower weight as a freshman. Watch him as he continues to develop. This little Hebda kid @ 112, another frosh, is into the 1/4's and looking good!! :unsure:

I think that is a result of excellent coaching and an excellent upbringing... :D

My goodness, that Josh Patton of Blackman is loaded with skill and coming right along. I like him better at the lower weight as a freshman. Watch him as he continues to develop. This little Hebda kid @ 112, another frosh, is into the 1/4's and looking good!! :lol:

Unrelated to the tournament...

Side note: In recent duals, did everyone know that Rhea Co. got the monkey of the back there in Dayton and beat Cleveland and then Cleveland turns around and beats ND? Next thing you know, Walker Valley will beat Rhea Co. Congrats to the Golden Eagles!! :lol::thumb:

Right on Dave about Patton....... loads of talent and a classy wrestler too....over the next 3 years he WILL be a big headache for most of Tennessee.

Results are updating right now, should be completed shortly.

We will start the varsity tournament with the quarterfinals in the morning then wrestle the 3rd round of the consos and then the semis on 2 mats while continuing the 4th round of consos on 2 mats.

We wrestled 2 rounds of consos tonight, we made several announcements from the beginning of the tournament and in the coaches' meeting about this but we still had several that left early and therefore forfeited their match in the consos and were eliminated, some I feel were eliminated earlier than they probably would have if they had wrestled.

Team scores have Soddy and McCallie tied at 57

MAT CONTROL Click on GP West in the Schedule.

Someone explain to me why they would have, say for example, Sommers from Smyrna, wrestled tonight (won both times, go Spence) and tomorrow he has to go against the #1 guy in the quarterfinals?? Looks like that is happening all up and down the brackets. Still learning this stuff, but it seems to me that he should be wrestling the #1 guy in the semi's or the finals................Thanks for any help in understanding this.

99, Go back to post #24 and read what the coach of the two wrestlers you sited had to say about the team's seeds. Maybe this will give you some insight toward the explanation you are asking for.

Here's another example, The 189 from Smyrna beat the Warren County kid in the semi's at the Dawg pound and the warren county kid was seeded #5 in this tournament. Go figure......

jtb99..."Still learning this stuff, but..."

"Go figure..." The "Warren County kid" isn't seeded at all. Notre Dame is seeded #5.