Anderson County at Clinton

Steelersfan20

You are correct AC's fundamentals on D arent that good. What does that have to do with the call made at the end of the game.

First, I'm not a Clinton supporter. Just an outside observer.

Second, Maybe you should read all the post, I'm not the one who brought fundamentals and D into the equation. One of your fellow AC supporters did that while whinning and slamming Clinton.

Third, from my oberservation you have beaten Clinton, the last 5-6 years, but if records are correct, you still have 5-6 years of beating them to catch up since it took you 11 years to do so before that, or is that something you conveniently forgot?

Good luck to both teams. I don't think anybody would like for a game to end like that, but hey it happens. Move on.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I'm not a Clinton supporter. Just an outside observer.

Second, Maybe you should read all the post, I'm not the one who brought fundamentals and D into the equation. One of your fellow AC supporters did that while whinning and slamming Clinton.

Third, from my oberservation you have beaten Clinton, the last 5-6 years, but if records are correct, you still have 5-6 years of beating them to catch up since it took you 11 years to do so before that, or is that something you conveniently forgot?

Good luck to both teams. I don't think anybody would like for a game to end like that, but hey it happens. Move on.

No, I brought up fundamentals because chsbbfan said clinton was one of the best defensive teams in the area and I said their fundamentals were bad and they dont play defense good they just chase, grab, and gamble. Also, how many of those clinton wins were eldridge vs. lockard(chris)?

Also, how many of those clinton wins were eldridge vs. lockard(chris)?

Like I said, I no Clinton fan, so I couldn't tell you that. But from what I've seen and heard from some players and parents, I don't think he's (lockard) is that good of a coach. In my opinion, with their supposed talent over the years, he would have been gone at any other school if it wasn't for his daddy's legacy.

It is funny how when AC wins their fans like to talk about how good they are, how they work so hard and have so much heart, but when they lose, then they are just some lowly AA school.

Give us a break with AC being AA, check your enrollment your only 53 students away from AAA according to the TSSAA.

That agrument doesn't tend to hold much weight in basketball, football may be. I'm sure there are a lot of AA schools that can compete with AAA Schools.

extremefury I have to give you credit on your research--you are right about the enrollment, they have been at the top two or three AA schools for a long time--I cannot imagine them playing in clintons district night in and night out. You are also right about clinton should be doing better--they should dominate ac every year with the talent they always have. By the way where did the 11 year losing streak come from fact or hearsay?

goldcrow, it came from the archives from the Oak Ridger. I think your streak over the Clinton began in 2000.

I for one was suprised to see that they were able to beat Clinton so many times in a row, especially since Clinton does seem to hang their hat on being a "Basketball School"

I hope that all the Anderson County teams Oak Ridge, Clinton, Anderson County, Oliver Springs do well.

Chris Lockard's success at Clinton speaks for itself. To say or imply otherwise is simply foolish.

2000-01 22-9 District Tourney Champs

2001-02 24-8 District Champs, District Tourney Champs

2002-03 14-16

2003-04 26-11 District Champs, District Tourney Champs, Region Champs

Substate Champs, lost in first round of State Tourney

2004-05 19-15 Region runner-up, Substate runner-up

That's an overall record of 105-58 in five years of coaching. I believe they are currently 14-7 this year and right in the thick of their district race. Has their been talent - yes, but last I checked I don't think anyone has ever mistaken Clinton for Memphis or Nashville (or even the Tri-cities or Cleveland for that matter). Do you think that Coach Lockard might have something to do with developing that talent? (I would think that most educated basketball fans already know that answer).

Just because Clinton plays an unorthodox style does not mean that their is not a method to their madness. Sure, it's not the halfcourt deliberate style that some seem to prefer, but they are well-coached at what they do.

I would also bet that their are a lot of coaches that would take the success that Coach Lockard has had in his first five years and run with it.

I am in no way trying to demean any other coaches on this site. But the numbers also do not merit personal attacks on Coach Lockard. Keep up the good work Chris!!!!

P.S. I believe there was a controversial block/charge call at AC two years ago that some would argue cost Clinton the game. Most coaches would tell you that these things usually even themselves out over time.

Edited by marcvols

Chris Lockard's success at Clinton speaks for itself. To say or imply otherwise is simply foolish.

2000-01 22-9 District Tourney Champs

2001-02 24-8 District Champs, District Tourney Champs

2002-03 14-16

2003-04 26-11 District Champs, District Tourney Champs, Region Champs

Substate Champs, lost in first round of State Tourney

2004-05 19-15 Region runner-up, Substate runner-up

That's an overall record of 105-58 in five years of coaching. I believe they are currently 14-7 this year and right in the thick of their district race. Has their been talent - yes, but last I checked I don't think anyone has ever mistaken Clinton for Memphis or Nashville (or even the Tri-cities or Cleveland for that matter). Do you think that Coach Lockard might have something to do with developing that talent? (I would think that most educated basketball fans already know that answer).

Just because Clinton plays an unorthodox style does not mean that their is not a method to their madness. Sure, it's not the halfcourt deliberate style that some seem to prefer, but they are well-coached at what they do.

I would also bet that their are a lot of coaches that would take the success that Coach Lockard has had in his first five years and run with it.

I am in no way trying to demean any other coaches on this site. But the numbers also do not merit personal attacks on Coach Lockard. Keep up the good work Chris!!!!

P.S. I believe there was a controversial block/charge call at AC two years ago that some would argue cost Clinton the game. Most coaches would tell you that these things usually even themselves out over time.

I agree with marcvols, Coach Chris is one of the best coaches in the state of tennessee. He teaches his players fundamentals while adding his own twist to things. He is also a really nice person off the court.

I am not sure marcvols if you are referring to me as a personal attack on lockard, but I am tired of people always being so sensitive about everything--next thing is it will be a hate crime. It seems to me that stating that i dont think clinton plays good fundamental defense is my opinion and not a personal attack. Rick pitino did early in his career at Kentucky because he said he wanted to shoot 3's--his philosophy was "I will give up a quick two to get a three opportunity" and they shot 40-50 threes a game. Were they successful--yes, to a point but gamblers dont win forever and good fundamentals dont equal gambling all the time. When kentucky started winning ncaa tourney games is after they changed their style of play. So I guess I just personally attacked pitino-sorry Rick, but getting beat on the dribble and reaching in trying to get steals and leaving my feet on every shot and pass fake are not good fundamentals. Also, if saying that Clinton should not have been beat by ac any in the last five years because they had more talent is an attack --please tell me that is wrong!! I think they even beat them when they went to the state tourney in 03-04. did they?

Over the last five years, opponents shoot 35% against Clinton. Once again, I think most coaches/teams would take that. Their scores are usually high because the number of possessions in their games is usually high. This occurs because of the tempo created by the press.

I am making no personal attacks on anyone on here. I am simply showing the record of Clinton under Coach Lockard.

Coach Lockard does a fantastic job with his kids and several have been rewarded with the opportunity to play at some college level. Most don't realize that each year Coach Lockard has several players from opponents that request his assistance with game tapes/highlights and phone contacts for college purposes. I know personally that he has helped kids from Halls, Karns, and Oak Ridge in the past. Some don't like his fiery demeanor, but Chris coaches for the right reasons.

Coach Eldridge does a fine job and has had some excellent teams of his own in the past few years. I believe he had a team with six or seven seniors on it (that were returning lettermen) in the last couple years. But, basketball is a tournament sport - that is where it counts - and the Mavs have not had the tournament success that the Dragons have. That does not mean that ACHS has not had some excellent years with multiple district titles of their own. Unfortunately for them, they have been unable to get past that point.

Edited by marcvols

Over the last five years, opponents shoot 35% against Clinton. Once again, I think most coaches/teams would take that. Their scores are usually high because the number of possessions in their games is usually high. This occurs because of the tempo created by the press.

I am making no personal attacks on anyone on here. I am simply showing the record of Clinton under Coach Lockard.

Coach Lockard does a fantastic job with his kids and several have been rewarded with the opportunity to play at some college level. Most don't realize that each year Coach Lockard has several players from opponents that request his assistance with game tapes/highlights and phone contacts for college purposes. I know personally that he has helped kids from Halls, Karns, and Oak Ridge in the past. Some don't like his fiery demeanor, but Chris coaches for the right reasons.

Coach Eldridge does a fine job and has had some excellent teams of his own in the past few years. I believe he had a team with six or seven seniors on it (that were returning lettermen) in the last couple years. But, basketball is a tournament sport - that is where it counts - and the Mavs have not had the tournament success that the Dragons have. That does not mean that ACHS has not had some excellent years with multiple district titles of their own. Unfortunately for them, they have been unable to get past that point.

Eldridge or Lockard? Are you kidding, I'll take Eldridge. Lockard has had some of the best talent in east Tennessee and I don't think he has done as much with it as Eldridge has done with his "average" talent. Clinton has a good program, Lockard is a good coach, but Eldridge is head and shoulders above him. Put Eldridge at Clinton and see how far they go.

Edited by oskie

Eldridge or Lockard? Are you kidding, I'll take Eldridge. Lockard has had some of the best talent in east Tennessee and I don't think he has done as much with it as Eldridge has done with his "average" talent. Clinton has a good program, Lockard is a good coach, but Eldridge is head and shoulders above him. Put Eldridge at Clinton and see how far they go.

Eldrige is a good coach but not as good as Lockard. Chris can take any kid and turn him in to a basketball player. Eldridge has very good talent. JL, Rorex, White, those two big guys. Those are good basketball players. By the way Eldridge is not head and shoulders above Lockard. Has eldridge taken his team to a region championship, substate game, or state tournament. NO he has not. That is why Lockard is a way better coach.