Anderson County at Clinton

Steelersfan20

You can take any kid and teach him the fundamentals of the game. But fact is..clinton does play a really rag-tag scrappy game of baseketball...and fact is they win games. They win them in the clutch, and they win them when it counts. Now im not knocking coach Eldridge , he's got talented young men, and he works with what he has, and puts up good numbers. But Coach Lockard is statistically the better coach. And to watch him, you can just see the coaching differences...the difference in impact..and how it results into wins and loses. You can teach fundamentals to anybody, ...not anybody can learn the fast paced, high intensity level kind of playing Coach Lockard lives and dies by.

As for why AC and Clinton always have these neck in neck match ups...year in and year out?...ever heard of something called..Rivalry? Unranked Tennessee knocked of..Undefeated, #2 Florida tonight in mens college bball...thats a straight up result of a team with more talent,(Florida) faltering to a conference rival. It happens all the time, yet people like to blow the AC-Clinton outcomes way out of proportion sometimes. Not saying i dont love a good rivalry game...as we've seen, the underdog often will make a good run at it.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can take any kid and teach him the fundamentals of the game. But fact is..clinton does play a really rag-tag scrappy game of baseketball...and fact is they win games. They win them in the clutch, and they win them when it counts. Now im not knocking coach Eldridge , he's got talented young men, and he works with what he has, and puts up good numbers. But Coach Lockard is statistically the better coach. And to watch him, you can just see the coaching differences...the difference in impact..and how it results into wins and loses. You can teach fundamentals to anybody, ...not anybody can learn the fast paced, high intensity level kind of playing Coach Lockard lives and dies by.

As for why AC and Clinton always have these neck in neck match ups...year in and year out?...ever heard of something called..Rivalry? Unranked Tennessee knocked of..Undefeated, #2 Florida tonight in mens college bball...thats a straight up result of a team with more talent,(Florida) faltering to a conference rival. It happens all the time, yet people like to blow the AC-Clinton outcomes way out of proportion sometimes. Not saying i dont love a good rivalry game...as we've seen, the underdog often will make a good run at it.

I meant that Lockard can turn any kid into a basketball player that fits his style of play. I agree that Clinton is statistically the better team and it shows. But rivalry games are supposed to bring the better out of a team. AC might not look good but when they play Clinton they play the hardest that they play all year. But so does Clinton.

Oskie,

I would expect that you would take Eldridge - you're from AC and it only makes sense that you would give your support to your coach. This was never an either/or comment or suggestion. I also don't think it is fair to either Coach Eldridge or Coach Lockard to make such a comparison, particularly when it comes from another coach.

Both do excellent jobs, and both are good fits for the type of players they have.

Oskie,

I would expect that you would take Eldridge - you're from AC and it only makes sense that you would give your support to your coach. This was never an either/or comment or suggestion. I also don't think it is fair to either Coach Eldridge or Coach Lockard to make such a comparison, particularly when it comes from another coach.

Both do excellent jobs, and both are good fits for the type of players they have.

Why isn't it fair? I believe I was responding to the comparison you were making. I believe we both have ties to the respective schools. I think Lockard is a good coach and that Clinton has a good basketball program. I just think that Eldridge does a great job and I will go to bat for him when I feel like someone is making and unfavorable comment. In this case I felt like you were comparing Lockard's success and implying because of AC's lack of tournament success, that Lockard was a better coach.

Edited by oskie

Is phil fulmer or joe paterno a better coach?how about steve spurrier?how about bobby bowden? Well based on the win/loss record formula up until this year he had the best win percentage among active coaches. Also i dont the win loss of ac the last five years but if it is worse than clinton it is not much worse. The reason lockard has won is the same as fulmer--he is a pretty good coach with great talent. But my original point was not disputing who was better or if lockard is good or not but that I dont think his team plays with good defensive fundamentals The fact is he probably does teach them but most players will not do them unless you make them andpunish them for not doing them on a daily basis. it seems that the technique is not enforced as much as the philosopjy of making them shoot fast which results in alot of teams shooting bad. plus when he had the 6-9 boy he could chase the opponents all over the place because he was back waiting on anybody that dared to enter the lane. Bottom line their team does not take defense fendamentals serious.

Old Crow...Lockard hater...Edridge lover. Now we know.

I agree he hates Lockard. I don't see why he likes Eldridge? I'm not bashing Eldridge. He is a nice person. I think that Lockard is the better coach out of the two. When Eldridge makes a substate or state tourney then we can talk about the better coach but for right now, we'll stick with Lockard. GO DRAGONS!!!!

I will quote Major Payne"We dont have to go to name calling" Wow, I feel like I am listening to the democratic national convention---"I have nothing intelligent to say so I just call you names and make up stuff like you hate people just because you stated an opinion based on personal beliefs that I dont agree with and makes me angry because you dont say what I want you to say" Well go stomp your feet and call the aclu because you dont like what I am saying. I have nothing against lockard, as I said he probably teaches the kids how to play but an epidemic in the coaching ranks (aka Buzz Peterson) is coaches are having a harder time selling and making kids to play correct and hard on the defensive end. Bruce Pearl has figured it out.

hey chsbaseball10----I dont see why he likes eldridge?I am not bashing eldridge, he is a nice person--CONTRADICTION?