Loretto at Giles Co. - How will Loretto do?

PageMan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loretto wins without Cross but after seeing the Lady Mustangs first hand

last week I can't say I came away overly impressed.

I've seen a lot better Lady Mustang teams in years past, coming to mind quickly

are the last two.

They are the best in the district by far but this is the weakest girls

basketball I've seen in many many years.

If the Marshall County game was the only time you have seen the Lady Mustangs play this year, I can understand why you weren't overly impressed. They were under par for the first time since November & still came away with a 15 point victory with everyone on the roster getting ample playing time. Come watch them play again sometime & I promise you will be impressed. I agree the district as a whole may be a little weaker this season & the last 2 seasons the Lady Mustangs have been pretty dad gum good, but, when healthy, this Lady Mustangs team are very very impressive & consistent. They have averaged 22 point deficts in their games this season, including their lone loss in their 2nd game of the season. They will continue to impress the rest of the season and let their play speak for itself. Go Loretto Lady Mustangs!

Loretto will still win this game without Cross.

Loretto will win district and region walking away, but will they be prepared for substate/sectional game?

They take only 1 game at a time. If they do as you say & walk away with the district & region, the said substate/sectional game will be in "The Barn" & would take an awesome team having a good night & Loretto having a bad night to make it to the Boro. Whoever is in the regional championship of the opposite region better try their best to avoid such a situation and win their championship game to have a much better chance of going to State. That is waaaaaaaaaay down the road though. A lot of things can change between now and then. Personally, I look forward to a possible rematch with the team who beat us in the regionals last year, whether it be in a substate/sectional game or a state game at the Boro. Go Loretto Lady Mustangs!

I think the LADY MUSTANGS will be just fine...I think as close nit as this ball club is that this game will be played "for Jana" thru the eyes of all the girls and that will make for an impressive showing. I'm not counting the chickens before they hatch, Giles Co. can knock any team in the district off on any given night, but I'm not thinkin that tomorrow night will be "the night". May be wrong, we'll just have to see. I'm not making any prediction on this one or any other. I'll just sit back and let the Lady Mustangs do their thing.

GOOD LUCK LADY MUSTANGS!!

I have played my customary game of Space Cadet Pinball, the great predictor of all athletic contests, and to my surprise, it has predicted the final score to be:

Giles Co. 51, Loretto 50

I still go with Loretto by 15.

Looking forward to the game.

Page Coach Kathy Dye said that she will be bringing some players to observe the action.

Edited by PageMan

I have played my customary game of Space Cadet Pinball, the great predictor of all athletic contests, and to my surprise, it has predicted the final score to be:

Giles Co. 51, Loretto 50

I still go with Loretto by 15.

Looking forward to the game.

Page Coach Kathy Dye said that she will be bringing some players to observe the action.

It was good having ya'll down there Pageman. It was a tough fought ballgame with Loretto ending up with the 51-44 victory. I'm sure you will have some stats and comments for us. Go Loretto Lady Mustangs!

The Loretto parent's and fan's COMFORT level were, are, and will continue to be just fine. The DISCOMFORT came with all the teams in Loretto's district being fearful that the Lady Mustangs might really be a WELL-ROUNDED team and still win even in the absence of Jana Cross, and tonight proved none other than that. Don't get me wrong, you could probably pass out a survey to everyone concerned in this neck of the woods and it'd be UNANIMOUS that everyone (including her teammates) want her back on the floor, but the Lady Mustangs can manage. Besides, really all this boils down to is that if the good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise, JANA will be back in full force come tournament time which is all that REALLY matters!! As I said on the other page, CONGRATULATIONS to ALL of the Lady Mustangs on a hard fought victory and GOOD LUCK the rest of the way. Hopes of a speedy recovery Jana!!! :lol: