Clay Co. @R.B.S.

ladybulldogfan

How did the game end with Clay Co. only winning by 14!? :thumb:

This is what I saw first hand:

With Clay leading by 31 at the end of three quarters, Coach Edwards pulled ALL starters and put the Freshmen to play out the quarter. Coach Owens did not make one single sub. Instead he kept all starters in the game and they began jacking 3's everytime down while the Freshmen were back in a simple non-aggressive 2-3 zone. I think RBS made like three straight plus pick up some late cheap fouls against Clay and got several more points at the line. Still no subs by RBS. Coach Edwards then came back with Jon Godwin and Dustin Rich (who had been in foul trouble early) to help out the Freshmen and try to keep the margin like it was until RBS would concede and put in their younger players in a game that was no longer in doubt. Still no RBS subs. Coach Edwards then comes back with Casey Ferrell and Bobby Knight so the only non Senior on the floor for Clay was FR. Nolan Dale. RBS,if I remember correctly had a player foul out and Coach Owens put a younger player in for him. Then Coach Edwards put another Freshmen back in. With about a minute and a half remaining Coach Owens put in two of the last three players left on the bench. Coach Edwards subbed again and left Saylor Walden and Casey Ferrell to handle the ball and gave his team explicit instructions to hold the ball and run out the clock. The bad thing was the last guy on the bench for RBS NEVER got into the game (if he was available). This was the wierdest finish to a BLOWOUT game I have ever seen. I'm sure it all stems back to when Coach Owens was the CELINA HIGH coach years ago and had some of these same players.

This is just my take and opinion on what I saw. If any of it is incorrect please feel free to point it out!!! :lol:

Sorry for the book....but you asked.

Edited by TopDawg83

This is what I saw first hand:

With Clay leading by 31 at the end of three quarters, Coach Edwards pulled ALL starters and put the Freshmen to play out the quarter. Coach Owens did not make one single sub. Instead he kept all starters in the game and they began jacking 3's everytime down while the Freshmen were back in a simple non-aggressive 2-3 zone. I think RBS made like three straight plus pick up some late cheap fouls against Clay and got several more points at the line. Still no subs by RBS. Coach Edwards then came back with Jon Godwin and Dustin Rich (who had been in foul trouble early) to help out the Freshmen and try to keep the margin like it was until RBS would concede and put in their younger players in a game that was no longer in doubt. Still no RBS subs. Coach Edwards then comes back with Casey Ferrell and Bobby Knight so the only non Senior on the floor for Clay was FR. Nolan Dale. RBS,if I remember correctly had a player foul out and Coach Owens put a younger player in for him. Then Coach Edwards put another Freshmen back in. With about a minute and a half remaining Coach Owens put in two of the last three players left on the bench. Coach Edwards subbed again and left Saylor Walden and Casey Ferrell to handle the ball and gave his team explicit instructions to hold the ball and run out the clock. The bad thing was the last guy on the bench for RBS NEVER got into the game (if he was available). This was the wierdest finish to a BLOWOUT game I have ever seen. I'm sure it all stems back to when Coach Owens was the CELINA HIGH coach years ago and had some of these same players.

This is just my take and opinion on what I saw. If any of it is incorrect please feel free to point it out!!! :thumb:

Sorry for the book....but you asked.

Sounds like a weird game indeed!