Soddy Daisy Invitational

slimwrastler54

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree totally. I spoke with Henley at the Ravenwood Invitational, and I also spoke with a few of the guys from "Da Hill" on yesterday and they were very well mannered. You guys have a great bunch of kids! Congrats on a great performance at the tournament.

Makes you want to take them home and trade for one of mine when they say yes, sir! Coach Price seams to be teaching more than wrestling. He's teaching how to become a man.

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

These are the placers as I can remember them. I think these are right. But I do not have 3,4 place finishers. Baylor won by 5 points Soddy had none that came through conso's and were missing a pretty good heavyweight. Soddy placed nine and they were all in the finals.

103: 1st.dustin Stewart-SD, 2nd.Will Norris-Tull

112: 1st.Caleb Myers-GRN, 2nd. Wes Britt-SD

119: 1st.Troy Downey-Bay, 2nd. Grant Mitchell-SH

125: 1st.Ben Johnson-Bay, 2nd. Mikey Fuller-SD

130: 1st.Bo Usary-SH, 2nd. Jason McCroskey-SD

135: 1st.Corey Manson- Bay, 2nd. Ryan fuller-SD, 3rdDamien Buchanan-SH,4th.Chris Reynolds-Cordova

140: 1st.Ulric Winesburgh-SD, 2nd. Jed Hussein-Bay OW lower

145: 1st.Jarret Toney-SD, 2nd.Reed Doster-Bay

152: 1st Dan Waddell-Bay, 2nd.Rick Mcknight-RB OW upper weight

160: 1st.Danny Tolbert-RB, 2nd.wes Stroud-Bay

171: 1st.Tyler Roberson-SD, 2nd.David Burns-Tull

189: 1st.Derek Walker-Bay, 2nd.Eddie Grecu-Grn

215: 1st.Nick Reivez-Far, 2nd.Matt Lettner-SD

275: 1stBen Murray-SH, 2nd. John Vandergriff-Halls

Very good tourney.

Anyone know what the score was @ 215 (Reivez vs Letner) ?

I think the Manson-Fuller score was 9-2.

135 was a tough weight , the science hill kid wrestled very well- i think corey would be the first to tell you with ryan just coming off his knee injury his tank was not full. Hopefully and probably by the time state comes around Ryan will be ready. Good luck to Soddy,and congrats on a well-run tourney!

Anyone know what the score was @ 215 (Reivez vs Letner) ?

3-1 but Reviez was in control the entire match. Letner had a limited offense untill the last min then he started attacking. IMO-the match that will be the one to watch at state will be ND vs Farragut @ 215. Two great Wrestlers, from good families who love the sport. From what I saw last friday, the ND 215 will give Reviez a real match. Most of the folks who have lasted past the first min wrestled a defensive match and never shot.

If these two get to meet at State I see a great match. I hope it's in the finals and both are healthy and at their peak when they meet.

3-1 but Reviez was in control the entire match. Letner had a limited offense untill the last min then he started attacking. IMO-the match that will be the one to watch at state will be ND vs Farragut @ 215. Two great Wrestlers, from good families who love the sport. From what I saw last friday, the ND 215 will give Reviez a real match. Most of the folks who have lasted past the first min wrestled a defensive match and never shot.

If these two get to meet at State I see a great match. I hope it's in the finals and both are healthy and at their peak when they meet.

Thank you and AMEN.

lettner was the agressor in the match against reviez. reviez just happen to get the only takedown of the match. both wrestlers are hard to score on. whoever can get a takedown in the match will win everytime. but lettner was definatly the agressor in the match just as he has been against meradith in both matches.

lettner was the agressor in the match against reviez. reviez just happen to get the only takedown of the match. both wrestlers are hard to score on. whoever can get a takedown in the match will win everytime. but lettner was definatly the agressor in the match just as he has been against meradith in both matches.

That's meredith !