Who is most likely to win state this year?

patriot 4 life

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think Smyrna will have a high powered offense and Oakland will get a ton of starters back that have talent.

Neither of which will be winning state...if Smyrna gets REAL lucky, they might finish #2 in the region unlike recent history where they haven't broken the #3 spot. And if Oakland gets real, REAL lucky, they might make the playoffs for the first time in more recent history.

I just think talking about them in a "State Championship Contenders" thread is a little bit out of the question, when neither of them will be their own region champions.

jmu031 is right though, this is Smyrna's best chance ever at state, it still won't happen though. I still see Smyrna finishing 3rd, and going no father then the 2nd round in the playoffs. Yes I do know their talent, who they have returning and such, it looks REAL, REAL good until you remember who their coach is.

• 2 weeks later...

Neither of which will be winning state...if Smyrna gets REAL lucky, they might finish #2 in the region unlike recent history where they haven't broken the #3 spot. And if Oakland gets real, REAL lucky, they might make the playoffs for the first time in more recent history.

I just think talking about them in a "State Championship Contenders" thread is a little bit out of the question, when neither of them will be their own region champions.

jmu031 is right though, this is Smyrna's best chance ever at state, it still won't happen though. I still see Smyrna finishing 3rd, and going no father then the 2nd round in the playoffs. Yes I do know their talent, who they have returning and such, it looks REAL, REAL good until you remember who their coach is.

I highly doubt Riverdale will be winning region

Edited by OHS_AUTHORITY

I highly doubt Riverdale will be winning region

The only team with a realistic chance of beating us out is Smyrna, and they haven't even came within 14 points of us in recent years, despite having great teams. I mean yea, it looks like talent wise they have a chance of beating us, until we remember who their coach is and realize they don't have a chance :lol:. It doesn't hurt either that we have 70 straight region victories dating back to 1995 and winning the region 15 consecutive years. Share with us who you think will win the region...you can highly doubt all you want, Riverdale has been highly doubted in the past but thats never changed anything :rolleyes: