Pickett @ Van Buren

bobcatsrawesome

He was simply offered more money to go to pickett and coach he didnt see no future in van buren why? because he didnt care about van buren we didnt need him we got all we need now

Hmmm now if you're a student or athlete then i won't expect you to understand that move. However having a family and trying to make a living is not easy these days. Teachers don't make enough money as it is, i don't blame a teacher or a coach for moving on for an advance in pay. They do have to make a living! Whatever the reason for his departure is his and his families business. We shouldn't get on here and judge someone or as the old saying goes, "throw rocks" when most of us live in "glass" houses. :thumb:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow those are some pretty strong accusations there. Do you have any thing to base this on or is this mere speculation on your part? :thumb:

I think you're using some very strong words too Moose. While at VB, Coach Bibb did an outstanding job with our teams. No one can come in and completely turn an entire program around and make it a winning program all the time. He has done an outstanding job at PC. You can't take that away from him. Yes, he has been there longer, but he is a great coach who does expect the best from his players. And, who hasn't gotten more upset in a game than they should have? You wouldn't be any kind of coach if the game didn't affect you. I'm sure he feels bad for his actions, but no one can say they've always acted the way they should have. As far as him leaving VB, yes, he had stated he wasn't leaving and then decided to, but no one can judge him for that. There was probably a lot more involved in the decision-making than you know about. If it was for the money, then so be it. Everyone has to provide for their families the best they know how. Yes, I think Coach Sullivan is a keeper, but he is still young, has a young team, and still has a lot to learn. It did feel great beating PC just because they are a good, solid team and that's the only reason. It should have nothing to do with the coaching and everything to do with the teams when we celebrate this victory. I hope VB can keep up the hustle and desire to win. They're a great group of kids on and off the court. GO VAN BUREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sledgehammer...Bibb took Pickett to the state last year. This, his 3rd year, the team starts 4 sophomores and a junior and is 18-5. So your premise that he's had these boys for 3 years is wrong. That is a great record for a young team. Plus everyone is pretending that Pickett lost because VB is so good. VB has a good team but the Pickett team is sick with mono and strep throat. The entire Pickett school system is closed this week because of it. This game never should have been played. Pickett ted in the first quarter, then you could see how they went down hill every quarter. They were playing sick and by the 3rd quarter obviously had run out of energy. Bibb was pulling players in and out trying to rest them. The score was 37-39 VB late in the game when that ref called the T...and that ref has called a T on Pickett at a crucial point in every game this year he's been a ref. That was a big swing in points. So even sick Pickett stayed with VB. 13 of the last 18 VB points were on free throws in the last couple of minutes, otherwise it would have been closer. How excited will you be next week when Van Buren is sick with mono and strep throat because they played a game no one had the sence to cancel? This was a meaningless game and to play and spread mono and strep is nuts. Both team have district games coming up...why risk being sick for those? After that game at Pickett I figured VB would win a close one at home, especially since your team is mainly seniors and juniors, so losing wasn't a big deal, but playing sick was.

Sledgehammer...Bibb took Pickett to the state last year. This, his 3rd year, the team starts 4 sophomores and a junior and is 18-5. So your premise that he's had these boys for 3 years is wrong. That is a great record for a young team. Plus everyone is pretending that Pickett lost because VB is so good. VB has a good team but the Pickett team is sick with mono and strep throat. The entire Pickett school system is closed this week because of it. This game never should have been played. Pickett ted in the first quarter, then you could see how they went down hill every quarter. They were playing sick and by the 3rd quarter obviously had run out of energy. Bibb was pulling players in and out trying to rest them. The score was 37-39 VB late in the game when that ref called the T...and that ref has called a T on Pickett at a crucial point in every game this year he's been a ref. That was a big swing in points. So even sick Pickett stayed with VB. 13 of the last 18 VB points were on free throws in the last couple of minutes, otherwise it would have been closer. How excited will you be next week when Van Buren is sick with mono and strep throat because they played a game no one had the sence to cancel? This was a meaningless game and to play and spread mono and strep is nuts. Both team have district games coming up...why risk being sick for those? After that game at Pickett I figured VB would win a close one at home, especially since your team is mainly seniors and juniors, so losing wasn't a big deal, but playing sick was.

Big whoop!! the vb team is made up of 3 seniors, 2 jrs., and two so. so were not all old. and plus our two leading scorers most games are so. And sorry your sick but quit making excuses and take your loss as a man. vb has 3 players playing on bad ankles which are still swollen, one has a hip problem and 2 has a cold. bibb didn't get the tech. cause of the ref. he always gets them even when at vb. and at a crucial point in the game, every part of the game is crucial. i bet pc could find somewhere in the game when they messed up. the game ain't won by one play or by one call its won by playing 32 minutes of non stop ball. its all bout heart and determination. maybe pc was sick but a true ball player that has his heart in it will find someway to play the same if not better.

coach bibb got the T for being out of the coaching box :thumb: which is something tssaa needs to get rid of! we dont need another reason for T's to be given out like candy on halloween

both teams have good coaches and both should be respected :o

The NFHS gives each state association two options: coaching box or no coaching box. If there is no coaching box, the coaches cannot even stand up to coach. If there is a coaching box, they must stay in it. This is not unreasonable. As for the TSSAA getting rid of it -- it's not their call.

The NFHS gives each state association two options: coaching box or no coaching box. If there is no coaching box, the coaches cannot even stand up to coach. If there is a coaching box, they must stay in it. This is not unreasonable. As for the TSSAA getting rid of it -- it's not their call.

kentucky has no box and coaches do not have to sit

Hope next week when your team is sick, that is how you'll see it. I SAID I could care less about the loss. I guess you'd rather have a win than a healthy team. This game was meaningless, but spreading mono and strep does matter.

well well well.......... see this just goes back to what i said bibb dont care about the team because if you guys were really sick then bibb had just as much right to reschedule the game as anyone else if he cared for his teams well being then he would have rescheduled im not pointing fingers at bibb im just using that statement to say that team was not sick with mono or strep they may have been a few sick but the whole team was not sick i know your school has been shut down but the whole team was not sick come on now lets get real i guess when clay county beat yall by over 20 points i guess you was sick then too wasnt you lets just be men and admit that you lost to van buren county cant any of you all just give van buren a little credit and say to yourself hey man i guess van buren aint a halph bad team no you got to make lame excuses about being sick if you was sick you should have told bibb you couldnt play and rescheduled the game bottom line :thumb: