Pearl Cohn @ Ezell Harding

MIDTN

after seeing them both play at least 3 times, Ezell is a better ball club. But, you cant press everyone. Ezell beat fulton by going to a 2-3 zone, this allowed fulton only one shot. Ezell thinks they can press lipscomb and they just cannot. Inorder for Ezell to win they have to play a zone with Lipscomb. Thats how FRA beat lipscomb and how goodpasture came close to beating lipscomb. Lipscomb is lacking a go to person and if you control the boards you can beat them. Ezell is an intersting story, I have seen them play with a small team and press people to death, and I have seen them use different players and play zone. The next game against Lipscomb will be interesting. The top of this district is a toss up between the two of them, the rest doesn't matter

I have seen DL twice this year (Once being the game against Ezell) and I have seen several Ezell games. I don't disagree with you but I truly believe that if Ezell's guards show up (McClellan and Pratt) they can beat Lipscomb. Ezell is deeper than Deatheridge and McAlister as shown in the game against Oakland. Lipscomb is a great team and they deserve full recognition, but they didn't see the Ezell team that I've seen. I believe that they will the next time they face Ezell. At least I hope so.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen DL twice this year (Once being the game against Ezell) and I have seen several Ezell games. I don't disagree with you but I truly believe that if Ezell's guards show up (McClellan and Pratt) they can beat Lipscomb. Ezell is deeper than Deatheridge and McAlister as shown in the game against Oakland. Lipscomb is a great team and they deserve full recognition, but they didn't see the Ezell team that I've seen. I believe that they will the next time they face Ezell. At least I hope so.

Ezell has a lot more than just Mcclellan and Pratt, this is a tallented bunch, I just don't believe that they can use thier smaller line up--and try and press a team that play's as many games together during the summer as Ezell does. The lefty Davis who (in the post )has been scoring plenty and the center Lackey also did not play well against Lipscomb, I just think that if Ezell uses the big lineup which has Smith, Lackey, Mccallaster, Deathridge and McClellan, the line up used with some changes against fulton, they can limit Lipscomb to one shot per trip, which is what FRA did with Chenger, Jackson, Cannady and also what Goodpasture did with players who are just being taught to play the post position. If EZell wants to press then go to it after Lipscomb makes some changes otherwise they will have trouble with lipscombs size. But, what do I know I'm just chucking them from the cheep seats

Ezell has a lot more than just Mcclellan and Pratt, this is a tallented bunch, I just don't believe that they can use thier smaller line up--and try and press a team that play's as many games together during the summer as Ezell does. The lefty Davis who (in the post )has been scoring plenty and the center Lackey also did not play well against Lipscomb, I just think that if Ezell uses the big lineup which has Smith, Lackey, Mccallaster, Deathridge and McClellan, the line up used with some changes against fulton, they can limit Lipscomb to one shot per trip, which is what FRA did with Chenger, Jackson, Cannady and also what Goodpasture did with players who are just being taught to play the post position. If EZell wants to press then go to it after Lipscomb makes some changes otherwise they will have trouble with lipscombs size. But, what do I know I'm just chucking them from the cheep seats

If you are talking about Amanda Smith I agree. I'm not sure if she is as talented as Lackey but she seems to be as effective. I surprised that she doesn't get more playing time especially against big teams like Lipscomb. I also agree that Ezell has a talented bunch of players. I have seen a couple of games that Spann has gone deep into his bench with very little drop off in play. You seem to know much more than I do about strategy. I don't know much about strategy or even basketball, but I do recognize talent. I believe that zone or press, if Ezell's bunch plays to their talent level they can beat any body. There is a caveat, however, if they play like they did against Lipscomb in the first game, they can be beat by several teams.