Soddy Daisy @ Antioch ?

Rhea Co.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not downing Soddy Daisy! They are having a great year, but I just dont think that they can match up with Antioch healthy or not! Antioch is too quick and they are more athletic. Antioch still haven't played to their full potential yet this year! When they do, it will change some people's thoughts about the bears!

I don't know if thay can match up or not. SD lost to the #7 team in the state, Red Bank, by 5 and they are a very tallented and athletic team also. They had everybody in that game. So I would like to see the match up between a healthy SD and a healthy Antioch and see what happens. I don't think it will be the blowout that this game was but we shall see. Soddy was still reasonably in the game until the injury to the post player.

I don't know if thay can match up or not. SD lost to the #7 team in the state, Red Bank, by 5 and they are a very tallented and athletic team also. They had everybody in that game. So I would like to see the match up between a healthy SD and a healthy Antioch and see what happens. I don't think it will be the blowout that this game was but we shall see. Soddy was still reasonably in the game until the injury to the post player.

Grant it SD wasn't at full strenght but the offense numbers that Antioch put up the second half was incredible and the Defense in the second period was very strong. Honestly if Antioch were to play Red Bank, and Antioch played like they did the second half it wouldn't even be close. Antioch was and is just too Big and Strong to get beat by SD. I was very impressed with the way Crowder ran things over there tonight and WOW! the school itself is huge. And thanks Crowder for running that play for me. :blink:

Edited by Rhea Co.

Soddy Daisy may or may not be a match for Antioch but there is one thing to consider. Soddy was playing without BOTH starting post players and the only experienced backup at post injured his ankle in the second quarter and did not return. A lot of Antiochs points in the second half came against some inexperience players. Antioch is good but truthfully they played against an understrength SD squad. Hope everybody is available for SD for the rematch to see how both teams really match up.

I think you are more upset that you took that drive to see that pounding. Once Antioch started to play it was over. SD lost to Red Bank, but how would RB match up to Whites Creek, Hunters Lane, and McGavock. Three of the Bears losses. SD is no match this year, and the next two will be even further out of reach.

I think you are more upset that you took that drive to see that pounding. Once Antioch started to play it was over. SD lost to Red Bank, but how would RB match up to Whites Creek, Hunters Lane, and McGavock. Three of the Bears losses. SD is no match this year, and the next two will be even further out of reach.

Not really. I was pleased that SD played as well as they did for as long as they did. Unlike many of you, I'm not in to the trash talk and put downs I see on coacht. I don't put down other teams or their fans. The fact is that SD took 9 players to Antioch and were missing their two starting post players. Antioch's two best scorers are post players. This created a change in matchups on defense. One post was guarded by a wing player who gave up 4 inches in height. SD had 5 players with 3+ years of real experience and the rest on the bench have had limited playing time. Once the post player with experience was injured, his replacement, a sophomore with not that much experience, replaced him and that weakened the defense. The remaining players off the bench, one of whom is under 6 feet tall and the other two who have been in less than 9 games this season total for just a few minutes each game lack game experience. Soddy Daisy is not deep and it showed at Antioch with those two players unavailable for play. I hope SD has a complete team when Antioch comes to play because then I get to see how both teams really match up. Antioch might win or they might not. That is why the game is played. You mentioned three teams that beat Antioch. According to the schedule I found on Coacht, Antioch has only played 5 teams with winning records and has only beaten two, Franklin and SD. I would have been more impressed if Antioch had beaten White's Creek, Hunter's Lane and McGavock but they did not. Antioch is a good basketball team and I look forward to the rematch if SD can field a stronger team than they were able to take to Antioch. If not, Antioch could very well give a repeat performance.