Region 10 probable top seeds

luchador

Gibbs and Tisdale only matched up that one time this year with Tisdale on top. Russell/Brighten lost to Tisdale and Bucak/Bartlett----Russell beat Bucak once the season and Bucak beat Russell two times in preseason and once at Blackhorse ---Tisdale and Bucak went one and one at the two preseasons. Russel beat Tisdale regular season. GIbbs has never wrestled Bucak---Bucak pinned Rid./Harrision at the preseason.

Region seed 125 1st seed Russell----2nd seed Tisdale------3rd seed Gibbs----4th seed Bucak

What are your thoughts ? Gibbs beat Wynn-- Fink has beat Wynn and Bucak---- Bucak has beat Fink ----Wynn has beat Fink and Tisdale and Bucak --- It was a tough night Coll. and Briar. and St. ben. at 125 Tisdale lost to Russel and was too tired to wrestle again---Wynn beat Tisdale that night also.

What are your thoughts for 1-2-3-4- seeds? Gibbs thought he will have a better chance at state by moving down but Bo Usary has the same idea and 125 has more well-known names then 130 at state. I think 130 is a weaker wt. class at Region-10 than Reg. 10's125. I think we might bump up for Regions.

125 is an interesting weight class for the left side. There have been alot of close matches and alot of upsets and split matches throughout the year. It should be interesting to see how it all plays out for DI, as Tisdale, Bucak, Russell, and Gibbs all fight to go to state, and in DII as Fink and Wynn battle over possibly who gets to go to the state finals.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

125 is an interesting weight class for the left side. There have been alot of close matches and alot of upsets and split matches throughout the year. It should be interesting to see how it all plays out for DI, as Tisdale, Bucak, Russell, and Gibbs all fight to go to state, and in DII as Fink and Wynn battle over possibly who gets to go to the state finals.

I think Fink and Wynn are twins----They are both excellent wrestlers. They both have what it takes to go far in the sport and I am glad that they are in Div. 2.

I think Fink and Wynn are twins----They are both excellent wrestlers. They both have what it takes to go far in the sport and I am glad that they are in Div. 2.

Allright dadof125 I just go settled in from practice and eating dinner, give me a minute to look at the seeding information laid out and I will give you my opinion on that.

Starting to work on it now...

Gibbs and Tisdale only matched up that one time this year with Tisdale on top. Russell/Brighten lost to Tisdale and Bucak/Bartlett----Russell beat Bucak once the season and Bucak beat Russell two times in preseason and once at Blackhorse ---Tisdale and Bucak went one and one at the two preseasons. Russel beat Tisdale regular season. GIbbs has never wrestled Bucak---Bucak pinned Rid./Harrision at the preseason.

Region seed 125 1st seed Russell----2nd seed Tisdale------3rd seed Gibbs----4th seed Bucak

What are your thoughts ? Gibbs beat Wynn-- Fink has beat Wynn and Bucak---- Bucak has beat Fink ----Wynn has beat Fink and Tisdale and Bucak --- It was a tough night Coll. and Briar. and St. ben. at 125 Tisdale lost to Russel and was too tired to wrestle again---Wynn beat Tisdale that night also.

What are your thoughts for 1-2-3-4- seeds? Gibbs thought he will have a better chance at state by moving down but Bo Usary has the same idea and 125 has more well-known names then 130 at state. I think 130 is a weaker wt. class at Region-10 than Reg. 10's125. I think we might bump up for Regions.

I don't see Jonas as a 3rd seed, but who cares. You can draw him in for all I care. It will all wash out in the end! ;)

Allright, I am kind of looking at the records that were listed and want to be sure I have things properly. What I show is:

Gibbs

vs. Tisdale 0-1

vs. Bucak 0-0

vs. Russell ?

Russell

vs. Tisdale 1-1

vs. Gibbs ?

vs. Bucak 1-1

Bucak

vs. Gibbs 0-0

vs. Tisdale ?

vs. Russell 1-1

Tisdale

vs. Gibbs 1-0

vs. Russell 1-1

vs. Bucak ?

Ok so obviously, this is just the in-season matches (the pre-season matches should not affect seeding). My question is out of all the 1-1 matches who has won the most recent match because that should give them priority.

I don't see Jonas as a 3rd seed, but who cares. You can draw him in for all I care. It will all wash out in the end! ;)

Now this is a statement I absolutely agree with! Of course I always enjoy playing with seeding.

Edited by WrestleSBA

Looking at your top state list--- 130 looks easier than 125 in Chat.---cutting wt. for an extended time is going to hurt him.------- I think Gibbs will have more challenge at 125 in Region 10 than in 130. What happened to him when he wrestled Tisdale this season?

Edited by dadof125

Allright, I am kind of looking at the records that were listed and want to be sure I have things properly. What I show is:

Gibbs

vs. Tisdale 0-1

vs. Bucak 0-0

vs. Russell ?

Russell

vs. Tisdale 1-1

vs. Gibbs ?

vs. Bucak 1-1

Bucak

vs. Gibbs 0-0

vs. Tisdale ?

vs. Russell 1-1

Tisdale

vs. Gibbs 1-0

vs. Russell 1-1

vs. Bucak ?

Ok so obviously, this is just the in-season matches (the pre-season matches should not affect seeding). My question is out of all the 1-1 matches who has won the most recent match because that should give them priority.

Now this is a statement I absolutely agree with! Of course I always enjoy playing with seeding.

Most recent----Tisdale beat Gibbs and Russell beat Tisdale ----all four wrestlers have excellent records this year. Gibbs should never be a 3rd seed any where but his seed effects the other three wrestlers and through the stupid rule -----we can only take three to state.

Edited by dadof125

I don't see Jonas as a 3rd seed, but who cares. You can draw him in for all I care. It will all wash out in the end! :thumb:

Coach Bray is right, Jonas has been wrestling varsity for a long time, and has performed well (especially last year) in the post-season tournaments. Don't make the mistake of underestimating that experience. He will wrestle better than a 3 seed. But as Coach Bray said, it will all wash out anyway, you have to perform no matter what seed you get.

Allright since I don't think there is anyone around who can answer that last question I am going to try and see how this shakes out given a few assumptions:

1) I am assuming Gibbs does not have a losing record against Russell this year and that they are not 1-1 with Russell winning the more recent match.

2) That Tisdale won the more recent match with Russell.

3) That Bucak has the more recent win over Russell.

*If either of these is not true it gets all mucky.

This is how I think the seeding goes if they do it based on current season record with the tie-breaker being past region champs or state placers.

1) Chris Tisdale - Collierville

Gets the #1 seed based on his defeat of Gibbs. Bucak can't challenge this since they have not wrestled.

2) Jonas Gibbs - Ridgeway

Gets the #2 seed over Bucak because he is the defending region champ and a returning state placer.

3) Mark Bucak - Bartlett

Gets the #3 seed based on assumption three above. If that assumption is wrong then reverse seeds 3 and 4.

4) Josh Russell - Brighton

First let me apologize to Larrick and Ruseel if I have his first name wrong. They did not wrestle this year and I am going off memory since I don't feel like looking for last years book. I think he gets the four seed based on assumptions above.

Let me also state that this is just how I see the seeding and certainly has no bearing on where everyone will finish. When you have a bracket like this the cream will rise to the top and qualifying for the state is certainly an achievement.

Now I do believe some regions choose to give the returning region champ higher priority which could change things. One way or the other this is going to be one heck of an interesting seeding meeting. A more than likely deserving wrestler will be left at home. I really think it would have been much better for the region if the extra qualifier was not at 140... I just do not see that having the depth that 125 has in the region. I would assume that at 140 in Region X it is Ashton and everybody else.

Now in reference to moving to 130, I wouldn't do that. But that is just me. I say wrestle the competition you know rather than duck the chance at 125. If you are able to come out of that competition in regions then you will be just that much more prepared for state.

Edited by WrestleSBA

Allright since I don't think there is anyone around who can answer that last question I am going to try and see how this shakes out given a few assumptions:

1) I am assuming Gibbs does not have a losing record against Russell this year and that they are not 1-1 with Russell winning the more recent match.

2) That Tisdale won the more recent match with Russell.

3) That Bucak has the more recent win over Russell.

*If either of these is not true it gets all mucky.

This is how I think the seeding goes if they do it based on current season record with the tie-breaker being past region champs or state placers.

1) Chris Tisdale - Collierville

Gets the #1 seed based on his defeat of Gibbs. Bucak can't challenge this since they have not wrestled.

2) Jonas Gibbs - Ridgeway

Gets the #2 seed over Bucak because he is the defending region champ and a returning state placer.

3) Mark Bucak - Bartlett

Gets the #3 seed based on assumption three above. If that assumption is wrong then reverse seeds 3 and 4.

4) Josh Russell - Brighton

First let me apologize to Larrick and Ruseel if I have his first name wrong. They did not wrestle this year and I am going off memory since I don't feel like looking for last years book. I think he gets the four seed based on assumptions above.

Let me also state that this is just how I see the seeding and certainly has no bearing on where everyone will finish. When you have a bracket like this the cream will rise to the top and qualifying for the state is certainly an achievement.

Now I do believe some regions choose to give the returning region champ higher priority which could change things. One way or the other this is going to be one heck of an interesting seeding meeting. A more than likely deserving wrestler will be left at home. I really think it would have been much better for the region if the extra qualifier was not at 140... I just do not see that having the depth that 125 has in the region. I would assume that at 140 in Region X it is Ashton and everybody else.

Now in reference to moving to 130, I wouldn't do that. But that is just me. I say wrestle the competition you know rather than duck the chance at 125. If you are able to come out of that competition in regions then you will be just that much more prepared for state.

Russell had the most recent win over Bucak which would give Bucak the 4th seed. What effect does Russell have beating Tisdale late in the season ?

Oh and just for fun I will add in this thought: what if there was no DII split and Garrett Fink and Taylor Wynn were added into the mix. Seeding gets unbelievably tough then.

Wynn

vs. Gibbs 0-2

vs. Fink 3-1

vs. Tisdale 3-0

vs. Bucak 1-0

vs. Russell 0-0

Fink

vs. Gibbs ?

vs. Wynn 1-3

vs. Tisdale ? (0-1 at Blackhorse, did not wrestle in season dual meet)

vs. Bucak ? (1-0 at Blackhorse via forfeit)

vs. Russell ? (1-0 at Blackhorse)

I honestly don't feel like digging through the commercial appeal to look for more of the dual resutls for Fink against the others.

Adding those two in would really create a loaded region and seeding would be darn tough. I think it would have to look something like this (based on the info above)...

1) Gibbs

Jonas gets the #1 seed based on sole lose to Tisdale and fact that he is returning champ and region placer

2) Wynn

Wynn takes the #2 seed based on returning state placer and winning record against all but Gibbs

3) Tisdale or Fink

Based solely on Blackhorse I think Tisdale would get this seed over Fink with his win over Gibbs giving him the extra emphasis to be the #3 and stay opposite side of the bracket.

4) Fink or Tisdale

Fink gets it here based on record and returning state placer

5) Bucak

See notes from previous posts

6) Russell

See notes from previous posts

Now that is a fun imaginery bracket for you to think about, especially with only the top three going to state

Edited by WrestleSBA

Russell had the most recent win over Bucak which would give Bucak the 4th seed. What effect does Russell have beating Tisdale late in the season ?

Then I think that flip-flops Bucak and Russell in regards to Russell having the more recent win.

What was the in-season record between Russell and Tisdale? If it was 1-1 with Russell having the more recent win things get real complicated. If Tisdale has more wins over Russell (and I am fairly sure he beat him at the Wildcat Invitational so that might be a second win) then I think Tisdale stays where he is.

If it is 1-1 with Russell and Tisdale, Tisdale could still win a tie-breaker based on higher tournament finishes (I believe he was higher at Blackhorse and Wildcat) and keep the #1 seed. However, there is always a chance that Jonas receives the #1 seed based on overall record (having only the lone lose to Tisdale, while the others have traded wins and losses) and being the returning region champ and state placer should weigh very heavily... hmm, I think I might have just given Ronnie one great arguement but I bet he already came up with that and was planning on using it.

Edited by WrestleSBA