Ridgeway vs BA

mas1821

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seemed the exact opposite tonight. They wouldnt call anything on him even when he did bring his hands down and make contact. Could have probably called 1-2 of his blocks fouls.

Did anyone else not like the way they changed announcers for the BA game and let their normal announcer do it? They also gave them the home court advantage with the music in warmups and other things. Wasn't appropriate in my opinion.

Also they mentioned twice a special thanks to the BA student section but mentioned nothing about myself and the 19 other students from Ridgeway

Guest dare_2_dream

Also they mentioned twice a special thanks to the BA student section but mentioned nothing about myself and the 19 other students from Ridgeway

well BA was the home team. I mean they were "YOUR BRENTWOOD ACADEMY EAGLES". Personally I wanted Ridgeway to win, but BA came out on top.

They may not have been hosts, but they sure looked like it. They had the big hospitality lounge for their alums and "friends", they were the only team from Middle Tennessee, they did the national anthem and prayer, and their announcer did the game, making it sound like a home game.

I'm not criticizing BA, but someone needed to step up to the plate and print out a roster. They always do everything so first class, I was surprised they didn't make it happen if the sponsors weren't going to do it. Besides, they could have done a program and made some more net proceeds by selling them.

It was a big time event with a sold out crowd. It is a shame there were several logistical dropped balls, not to mention some pretty poor officiating.

There were a few dropped calls but I must say Brandon Wright is the most amazing player I have seen. His dunk over a fully extended Earnest was amazing. By the way does anybody have a tape of the game? I was the creater of our student section shirts and I heard they mentioned them in the game I would love to get a copy.

ridgeway rowdy you def. need to cut the profanity out of your cheers... the mustache mafia gets it done right with class... your shirts are pretty good but espn u i heard gave some serious love to the mafia with the posters they had and also the turnout of them... to get things cleared up that was ba's pa announcer and belmont asked him if he wanted to do it for this game so im pretty sure it was just like another home game for him

ridgeway rowdy you def. need to cut the profanity out of your cheers... the mustache mafia gets it done right with class... your shirts are pretty good but espn u i heard gave some serious love to the mafia with the posters they had and also the turnout of them... to get things cleared up that was ba's pa announcer and belmont asked him if he wanted to do it for this game so im pretty sure it was just like another home game for him

the "mustache mafia" can get it done with "class" as you say thats great but thats ba's way of doing things its a completely different story for us and i think we will keep our profane chants because we have enough guts to speak our minds about things and as for the ba student section being so big, well its kinda easy to pull a crowd from town that is fifteen minutes away. thank you for ur concerns about our language, and if it offends you well im sry but thats us so take it or leave it

the "mustache mafia" can get it done with "class" as you say thats great but thats ba's way of doing things its a completely different story for us and i think we will keep our profane chants because we have enough guts to speak our minds about things and as for the ba student section being so big, well its kinda easy to pull a crowd from town that is fifteen minutes away. thank you for ur concerns about our language, and if it offends you well im sry but thats us so take it or leave it

since when does profanity take guts? :thumb:

Ok look Im not a huge fan of those chants but it happens. It was a very frustrating night in which we were verbal gotten onto trying to get into the game as well as after by BA students. These incidents did not bother me but they were often very vulgar and joked about the ethnicity of some of our players. I know there are a few bad apples in every bunch but you need to look at both SS neither is perfect. By the way there were all of 2 maybe 3 vulgar chants at the most. So I think this is all being taken to far. Most of our chants towards officials were "blow the whistle" or "wear your glasses". O and by the way I would hope BA could bring a large number for a home game on ESPN

hey rowdy...I want to compliment your group for making that long haul up from memphis to support your team. I know it wasn`t an easy drive like it was for the BA group. Even though you guys were outnumbered you were definitely heard.

But on the profanity thing...I was a neutral fan at the game and i have to tell you that the profane cheers really reflected poorly on your school. Be innovative, be cute, be witty, be funny, but when all you can yell are profanities then be quiet. That`s just my opinion though.

I comploetly agree but its a common chant in all sports at all leverls its not like we went over the bar and did something outradgeous. Ya the drive home stunk it was long and rainy but I had a great time put 420 miles on the car in a day got to spend time with the rest of the "hennings Homies." Got on tv all in all a great trip. Where was everyone sitting? I was on the front row of the Ridgeway student section in a maroon hat

Ok look Im not a huge fan of those chants but it happens. It was a very frustrating night in which we were verbal gotten onto trying to get into the game as well as after by BA students. These incidents did not bother me but they were often very vulgar and joked about the ethnicity of some of our players. I know there are a few bad apples in every bunch but you need to look at both SS neither is perfect. By the way there were all of 2 maybe 3 vulgar chants at the most. So I think this is all being taken to far. Most of our chants towards officials were "blow the whistle" or "wear your glasses". O and by the way I would hope BA could bring a large number for a home game on ESPN

Recognize that the BA students you saw dressed in the red shirts at the game was probably 75% of the student body or more. BA has only about 380 upper school students. People tend to forget that.

I didn't really pay that much attention to chants from either side, but you guys deserve a lot of credit for making that long boring drive from Memphis. I'm sure your team appreciated the support, and they played very well.