District 6AA

PurpleGrad

Well guys I talked with my friend from Jasper last night and he told me his daughter has not been given any schedule for the year and he has no idea what’s going on. He said he’s hearing that one day she is going to coach and the next day he’s hearing that she can’t coach because she’s not working.

At this point who know what’s going on in Jasper. They might have a softball team and they might not.

My opinion on this…if she’s going to coach…then coach. If she’s not…then make way for someone else to coach these girls. It’s not fair for these girls to work themselves to death over the off season just to not have a coach when its game time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I understand we are playing in the play day at South Pittsburg. I thought it was scheduled for March 3rd and 4th but I might be mistaken.

I have not received a schedule for the season and have not been told of any games or tournaments we are going to play.

I might be mistaken about the tryout date. I might be this Monday (February 13th) instead of Monday week.

I was mistaken about the tryout date. It is this Monday February 13th.

I was mistaken about the tryout date. It is this Monday February 13th.

here r my ?'s. if CL is not cleared by the dr, who will hold tryouts? or will they be postponed? do the parents at Marion really want her husband 2 take over the team? r there any other assistants that can help? but the biggest ?....what is going 2 happen 2 the softball program at Marion County?

this is an embarrassment 4 Marion. somebody needs 2 step up n take control of the situation. sounds like CL aint doing nothing.

here r my ?'s. if CL is not cleared by the dr, who will hold tryouts? or will they be postponed? do the parents at Marion really want her husband 2 take over the team? r there any other assistants that can help? but the biggest ?....what is going 2 happen 2 the softball program at Marion County?

this is an embarrassment 4 Marion. somebody needs 2 step up n take control of the situation. sounds like CL aint doing nothing.

Well to answer a few of you questions, I have no idea who will be holding tryouts if Coach Laws can’t be there. Why even have tryouts with only 12 or 13 players anyway?

I think Coach Laws’ husband would be a great coach. He played college baseball for 4 years and has a lot of knowledge. I understand softball is a bit different, but my daughter would be more than glad to play for him.

If my information is correct, they already have an assistant coach, Darrel Layne. I, for one, am VERY pleased that Darrel is going to be on the field this year. I’ve seen him coach several times and can think of no other person I would like to see named as assistant coach.

I have no idea what will happen to the program at MCHS. I hope the girls are ready and play hard.

With all that said, Coach Laws CAN NOT be blamed. She can not help being hit in the head with a 20 to 30 pound piece of angle iron that fell out of the drop ceiling 8 to 10 feet in the middle of a classroom. As far as I understand, she still has an indention in her skull and it has possibly injured sever vertebrae in her neck for the rest of her life. I’m sure she wants to be out there with the girls, but can’t due to the administration in the county. Could she just step aside and let someone else coach this year, sure she could. However, if there’s a chance she can coach, can we blame her for trying?

I agree that a little communication would be nice. I would like very much to know who is going to be coaching my child this year. But, I think I can wait until Monday afternoon and see whose holding tryouts.

Well to answer a few of you questions, I have no idea who will be holding tryouts if Coach Laws can’t be there. Why even have tryouts with only 12 or 13 players anyway?

I think Coach Laws’ husband would be a great coach. He played college baseball for 4 years and has a lot of knowledge. I understand softball is a bit different, but my daughter would be more than glad to play for him.

If my information is correct, they already have an assistant coach, Darrel Layne. I, for one, am VERY pleased that Darrel is going to be on the field this year. I’ve seen him coach several times and can think of no other person I would like to see named as assistant coach.

I have no idea what will happen to the program at MCHS. I hope the girls are ready and play hard.

With all that said, Coach Laws CAN NOT be blamed. She can not help being hit in the head with a 20 to 30 pound piece of angle iron that fell out of the drop ceiling 8 to 10 feet in the middle of a classroom. As far as I understand, she still has an indention in her skull and it has possibly injured sever vertebrae in her neck for the rest of her life. I’m sure she wants to be out there with the girls, but can’t due to the administration in the county. Could she just step aside and let someone else coach this year, sure she could. However, if there’s a chance she can coach, can we blame her for trying?

I agree that a little communication would be nice. I would like very much to know who is going to be coaching my child this year. But, I think I can wait until Monday afternoon and see whose holding tryouts.

i'm glad 2 hear that Darrel is going 2b out there. he's a good guy and knows alot about softball. i'm just concerned about CL's husband running the team. i know he played college ball but he does have somewhat of an attitude and i just wasn't sure how the girls would respond. i'm glad to hear that your daughter likes him. that may be a good sign that they all like him. i hope so.

i know CL can't be blamed for getting hurt. i do think that she could have done better with communicating what is going on. i don't think you can blame the administration for her not being on the field. she hasn't worked since before Thanksgiving and is drawing worker's comp. i think there would be something very wrong with letting her coach softball until she is cleard by the dr and released from worker's comp. jmo.

r u serious? there are only 12 or 13 kids signed up? that's sad.

Edited by zmansdad

I am also glad Darrel is going to be out there this season. I agree, he will be an advantage for the girls.

I have never experienced an attitude from Coach Laws’ husband. I’m not saying your wrong, he very well may have an attitude. I remember last season after he would have practice (while Coach Laws was not there due to a class she was taking), my daughter would come home talking about practice and how much fun she had. She always said he made things fun with the way he would teach.

I don’t blame administration at all. She is still on workers comp and has not been released by her doctor yet. It would not be wise to let her on the field until she has been cleared.

I’ll admit, I’m very concerned about this season. I believe the principal needs to make a decision as to whose going to be the coach. We really can’t afford to wait any another week or two. Practice should start Monday afternoon with or without Coach Laws.

I’ll admit, I’m very concerned about this season. I believe the principal needs to make a decision as to whose going to be the coach. We really can’t afford to wait any another week or two. Practice should start Monday afternoon with or without Coach Laws.

what r u hearing about tryouts? i hear very few girls showed up. i also hear that the schedule only has a few games on it. i also hear that CL has dropped Whitwell. What up w/that? i no CL can't be held responsible for getting hurt. that wuz a accident. but i think that she should be held responsible for turning over control of the team at least this year 2 someone who could do something with it. sounds like bad times at Marion High. i hope i'm wrong.

Edited by zmansdad

what r u hearing about tryouts? i hear very few girls showed up. i also hear that the schedule only has a few games on it. i also hear that CL has dropped Whitwell. What up w/that? i no CL can't be held responsible for getting hurt. that wuz a accident. but i think that she should be held responsible for turning over control of the team at least this year 2 someone who could do something with it. sounds like bad times at Marion High. i hope i'm wrong.

7 girls showed up last night. 3 others play basketball and won’t be out there until the season is over.

Are you telling us that Marion will possibly only have 10 players on the team? That's unbelievable. What happens if one gets sick or quits? Can't play with 9, right?............

yeah you can play with 9 but you won't get any courtesy runners or nothing.....Everyone will just have to play...I hope Marion's situation gets better....

Are you telling us that Marion will possibly only have 10 players on the team? That's unbelievable. What happens if one gets sick or quits? Can't play with 9, right?............

Sorry but I was wrong.

I forgot about one other girl playing basketball.

So that should make 11 total as of today.