2/2 McEwen at White House Heritage

timbdp

I was at this game. I didn't see anyone ejected and furthermore....as I said before, your players play dirty....I have never seen such disrespect for other people as your players and coach. I do understand where it comes from...the coach allows it to happen....cheap shots (elbows to the face..etc...) Don't play dirty. Try to win without the cheap shots.

I was at the game, too. It seems like you only see what you want to see. Before the game started a student standing on the sidelines hit one of the Heritage players with a ball, and yes, he was made to leave the gym by one of the McEwen principals. Also, a McEwen player was ejected after a hard foul in the fourth quarter. I never saw any disrepect from the coach of Heritage. Please explain what you saw. Heritage does not play any different than any other team. Contrary to popular belief, basketball is a contact sport. And we did win without the cheap shots!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game, too. It seems like you only see what you want to see. Before the game started a student standing on the sidelines hit one of the Heritage players with a ball, and yes, he was made to leave the gym by one of the McEwen principals. Also, a McEwen player was ejected after a hard foul in the fourth quarter. I never saw any disrepect from the coach of Heritage. Please explain what you saw. Heritage does not play any different than any other team. Contrary to popular belief, basketball is a contact sport. And we did win without the cheap shots!

Why did that player get ejected, (if he did) because he took an elbow to the face....intentionally...and got caught retaliating. He shouldn't have retaliated! And shouldn't have been hit in the face. Yes u guys take cheap shots!! Try to play one game without them. See if u can win with knowledge and skill....not cheap shots! Yes basketball is a contact sport. Contact the ball with the hoop!!

Why did that player get ejected, (if he did) because he took an elbow to the face....intentionally...and got caught retaliating. He shouldn't have retaliated! And shouldn't have been hit in the face. Yes u guys take cheap shots!! Try to play one game without them. See if u can win with knowledge and skill....not cheap shots! Yes basketball is a contact sport. Contact the ball with the hoop!!

You should never be aloowed to talk about basketball again because if you knew a lick about the sport then you would have relized that the kid who elbowed the Mcewen player did not do it intentionally. Hew took a pivot and rotated his body bc the rule is the defender has to give the player his space when he catched the ball and when he moved into that space he was at the wrong place at the wrong time and caught an elbow happens all the time if you play basketball. But you wouldn't know that.

You should never be aloowed to talk about basketball again because if you knew a lick about the sport then you would have relized that the kid who elbowed the Mcewen player did not do it intentionally. Hew took a pivot and rotated his body bc the rule is the defender has to give the player his space when he catched the ball and when he moved into that space he was at the wrong place at the wrong time and caught an elbow happens all the time if you play basketball. But you wouldn't know that.

Just try a game without the cheap shots!!!!

Knowledge, skill, hustle, and effort IS what we win by. 3 of our starting 5 have been playin together since about 5 years old and they definitley KNOW the game and have great SKILLS. How can you win on just cheap shots anyways? (Yes basketball is a contact sport. Contact the ball with the hoop!!) That might be one of the worst lines I have ever heard. It was great game and the game is over we bet you again, your nothing without Puckett, your players and fans have no respect for the game, thats 3 times in a row now weve beat you GET OVER IT! We have moved on and were playing for first in the district you guys have fun battling for 7th or 8th.

Edited by allregionpatriot#3

Knowledge, skill, hustle, and effort IS what we win by. 3 of our starting 5 have been playin together since about 5 years old and they definitley KNOW the game and have great SKILLS. How can you win on just cheap shots anyways? (Yes basketball is a contact sport. Contact the ball with the hoop!!) That might be one of the worst lines I have ever heard. It was great game and the game is over we bet you again, your nothing without Puckett, your players and fans have no respect for the game, thats 3 times in a row now weve beat you GET OVER IT! We have moved on and were playing for first in the district you guys have fun battling for 7th or 8th.

Try the game without cheap shots...you might like it.

Try the game without cheap shots...you might like it.

Did you not see the play where #12 for Heritage was plowed down by a McEwen player and it caused them both to lay on the court for several seconds? DId you not see that the McEwen player hit him with both hands up in his face? You really have some blinders on when it comes to your team. I disagree with "cheap shots" just as much or more than anyone because I would never want any player to get hurt, not from Heritage or McEwen or any other team. Also you never explained what you meant by the "disrespect" you saw from the Heritage coach and players to the fans. I saw disrespect by the McEwen fans standing practically on the court and yelling and heckling the Heritage players. I have seen disrespect by the administration of McEwen allowing these students to stand there. The administration at Heritage does not allow that. One day someone, either from McEwen or another school, will get hurt with the students standing on the floor. I have no ill feelings toward McEwen, I just wish the game could be played and then move on.

I don't understand what everyone is complaining about. I went to the game, it was the best game I have seen all year. I know good sportsmanship is part of the game, and some of the stuff both teams pulled was a little uncalled for, but what more can you ask for. It was a great game, intestity, rivalry, and district placings up for grabs. I would much rather see a game like that and play in a game like that than just your old boring game, it they win it's ok, lets not show any emotion. I love the intensity both teams showed throughout the game, it reminded me of back when mcewen played ncs a couple of years ago. The intensity is great, the two teams just need to leave the bad sportsmanship at the house.

good luck mcewen in the district tournaments, just remember the most important thing of all, YOU LOSE, YOUR OUT. play hard, never quit, don't have any regrets. Your out there to have fun, losing isn't fun.

Did you not see the play where #12 for Heritage was plowed down by a McEwen player and it caused them both to lay on the court for several seconds? DId you not see that the McEwen player hit him with both hands up in his face? You really have some blinders on when it comes to your team. I disagree with "cheap shots" just as much or more than anyone because I would never want any player to get hurt, not from Heritage or McEwen or any other team. Also you never explained what you meant by the "disrespect" you saw from the Heritage coach and players to the fans. I saw disrespect by the McEwen fans standing practically on the court and yelling and heckling the Heritage players. I have seen disrespect by the administration of McEwen allowing these students to stand there. The administration at Heritage does not allow that. One day someone, either from McEwen or another school, will get hurt with the students standing on the floor. I have no ill feelings toward McEwen, I just wish the game could be played and then move on.

Well what do you expect when you play McEwen, of course they were on the floor and bad mouthing our player, but the game is over, Heritage won, AGAIN, and now that McEwen lost Puckett their back at the bottom of the barrel, they'll just have to realize that. McEwen, I hope ya'll have fun tryin to get by in District because we won't have any problems doing that, I believe ya'll found that out on the court.

Well what do you expect when you play McEwen, of course they were on the floor and bad mouthing our player, but the game is over, Heritage won, AGAIN, and now that McEwen lost Puckett their back at the bottom of the barrel, they'll just have to realize that. McEwen, I hope ya'll have fun tryin to get by in District because we won't have any problems doing that, I believe ya'll found that out on the court.

What?

I think McEwen got by just fine in the District, but I think WHH had some problems doing that!!! I think WHH is currently practicing for baseball since their BASKETBALL SEASON IS DONE! No Puckett needed!!!

Why are you pulling for McEwen? Heritage is the favorite to win this one. The Patriots won tonight, beating East Lit 56-45. Heritage is always the team everyone loves to hate, why is that? Because we are a young team, one starting senior and 4 juniors? Or do you just dislike us because we win? I think Heritage will go all the way this season. Oh, by the way, Heritage is now first in district play because of East Robertson's loss to Jo Byrns tonight!!!! Still going to go for McEwen? Maybe you shouldn't buy a lottery ticket either!

maybe he should have bought his lottery ticket b/c whh is gone cya next year.