Hows the Middle school Tournament in Wartburg Shakin out now?

duke1

I'm from PJ and the way the bracket was organizes was Overall Wins or Winning Percentage. CACC had apperently won alot of games or lied idk? Petros has a few girls that play I can give you a rough hand roster

10 Chelsea Landrum

12 Lauren Bunch

23 Destiney Massengale

Other 2 starters are Krystal Fountain and Daneilla Elsea not sure on there #'s.

It was done by overall, that is why CACC got put were they did. They really didn't play anyone except Huntsville. The girls game was close(3) with CACC winning, but the HMS boys went over their boys pretty good by almost 30 I think. So that is how they got in those spots, which was done wrong.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Fountain is #22 and Elsea is #20. I believe it's got to be between Fountain and Scarbrough from Coalfield as the most dominating player in the district. Fountain does a lot of things very well all the time. When Scarbrough shows up she is unstoppable inside and out. She shows up a lot.

Anyway on the seedings, the reason only five coaches voted was because they (PJ's coach) kept moving the meeting around til nobody showed up. He moved the meeting from 12 to 10 the day of the meeting. I do believe at this point PJ's girls are the best team in the district but he ensured that they had a cupcake run to the championship. It's pretty obvious that somethings been done wrong when the whole gym is rooting against them (other than PJ fans). Last year there were 4 #1 seeds at Caton's Chapel and 2 got put on one side and 2 on the other. There four districts for the East Tennessee Sectional. The #1 seed from Area 1 got put in the same bracket as the #1 from Area 3. The #1 seed from Area 2 (Oneida) got put in the same bracket as the #1 seed from Area 4 (Oliver Springs). So that was not unfair. What's wrong is making the rules up as you go. They need to set the rules and brackets up at the first of the year and follow those for 3 years. Next year Winfield will be able to have all home games if they want because everyone will be wanting to play them to soften their schedule.

Edited by BobbyBoucher

I guess Wartburg boys proved not to be the team everyone thought, they do

have some good players, but I did not think they would get passed Robbins and then Oneida. If they had been in the bottom with Huntsville they more then likely would not had made it passed them, because I think Huntsville has the best chance at getting Oneida. If they play like I've seen and heard they can.