JP2 56 Father Ryan 55 OT

thetotaltruth

WOW, nothing I can possibly say to sum up this game. Winder Buchannan made a 3 point play the hard way with 5 seconds left in regualtion to tie the game at 52-52, which was soon followed by Alvin Ingle blocking Father Ryan's attempt to win at the buzzer in regulation. Then down by 55-54 with 2.1 seconds left in OT Alan Williams inbounded the ball and Golden Tate, yes the Golden boy himself, hit a last second buzzer beating shot to win the game for JP2, and send the visiting Knights section into a frenzy, and leaving an enormous Father Ryan student section sit to ponder what had just happened. This by far has to be considered the game of the year to this point with little to match a 3 point game tying play the hard way, a blocked shot at the buzzer, and a OT buzzer beater for a 1 point win.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. In my entire 25 years, I have never watched a more exciting high school basketball game. I have no fingernails left!! I'm a Knights fan but am going to give props to Ryan. They played hard... And both teams (and fans) had class. A great night! Can't wait for Ryan to come visit us in two weeks!

I agree.. on a good note, the game last night was probably one of the best games I have seen all year. On the other hand, JP2 won with the least amount of class I have ever seen at a basketball game. A player from JP2 was doing pushups on the court while two or three other JP2 basketball players took of their shirts and tried to flex. Golden Tate is the cockiest player and leads the whole group of the "golden" knights. Tate scored eight points and was never a factor up until the last play where father ryan left him wide open and all he had to do was lay it in. He was acting like he scored 30. Alvin Ingle ran up the father ryan sideline putting a finger to his lips like it was the first victory JP2 has seen. I congratulate JP2 on a good win that could have gone either way and both teams played hard. As good of a win as that was for JP2, they showed zero class and I really feel sorry for the whole school. It is pretty sad to think that a high school has as many immature and undisciplined kids as JP2. I do not have nearly as much respect for JP2 as I did two days ago. Everyone involved with the school should be embarrassed by the lack of discipline. Basketball is a game, not life. At least have some respect for Father Ryan and their facilities. The school is named after a pope, they sure didnt act like it. Like Paul Brown use to say, "when you reach the end zone, act like youve been there before."

I agree.. on a good note, the game last night was probably one of the best games I have seen all year. On the other hand, JP2 won with the least amount of class I have ever seen at a basketball game. A player from JP2 was doing pushups on the court while two or three other JP2 basketball players took of their shirts and tried to flex. Golden Tate is the cockiest player and leads the whole group of the "golden" knights. Tate scored eight points and was never a factor up until the last play where father ryan left him wide open and all he had to do was lay it in. He was acting like he scored 30. Alvin Ingle ran up the father ryan sideline putting a finger to his lips like it was the first victory JP2 has seen. I congratulate JP2 on a good win that could have gone either way and both teams played hard. As good of a win as that was for JP2, they showed zero class and I really feel sorry for the whole school. It is pretty sad to think that a high school has as many immature and undisciplined kids as JP2. I do not have nearly as much respect for JP2 as I did two days ago. Everyone involved with the school should be embarrassed by the lack of discipline. Basketball is a game, not life. At least have some respect for Father Ryan and their facilities. The school is named after a pope, they sure didnt act like it. Like Paul Brown use to say, "when you reach the end zone, act like youve been there before."

Sour grapes. Funny when one is on the short end of the stick, they tend to gravitate towards totally subjective subject matter. Do not feel sorry for the school. I am sure that some individuals acted in an immature manner following the game, but to tag a group as having "zero" class is far from reality. Last second shot, hostile environment, Ryan crowd doing there "Pride" crap before the game was over made for an electric enviornment. The look on your face when the game was over "PRICELESS" :thumb:

You sound like an irish supporter which is interesting because after a similar win at JPII last year similar chants of "this is our house" and some spilling onto the court occured. In an emotional, hostile game like that it is wrong to say JPII had no class, especially when Father Ryan administrators said, and i quote, "If we had won like that at your place we would have run on the court too".