Clinton vs. Oak Ridge!

chsmanager09

Clinton won it at the freethrow line, and did a good job on the press. OR had the edge inside. OR did a better job getting inside in the second half, and when Younkin finally started stroking in the secong half it looked like OR was going to pass them on momentum. Clinton guards picked it up and put a stop to it though. The reffing was good. Clinton won decisively. I bet these two team up again in the playoffs. Should be a great game when they go at it again.

Clinton won it at the freethrow line, and did a good job on the press. OR had the edge inside. OR did a better job getting inside in the second half, and when Younkin finally started stroking in the secong half it looked like OR was going to pass them on momentum. Clinton guards picked it up and put a stop to it though. The reffing was good. Clinton won decisively. I bet these two team up again in the playoffs. Should be a great game when they go at it again.

Clinton was the better team tonight. We frustrated Oak Ridge and the student section was awesome. I think the student section wanted this one more than anybody in the Dragon Den. GO DRAGONS!!!!!!!! powell better be ready.

If some of the Orange Crush were missing, I did not notice. The Clinton student section must be the best in all the land ! Everybody was having a great time. From the singing of the national anthem until the lights were out, this was a first-class rivalry game like no other. How about that half-time show with the two schools participating together ?

These are two very good teams that could very well play for both district and region finals as classic Clinton-OR games of the past. I agree that OR had the advantage down low, but the Clinton post players of Ford, Gibson, and AaShih ? (what is the new player's name) did the best they could being out-sized and out-weighed there and played with more heart. The Clinton gaurd play is awesome with Dye, Dixon, Huddleston, and Owens. Oak Ridge was visibly beaten by 4 minutes left. I think the Dragon D just finally wore them down !

:D

Asad Faison is the new player your talking about's name. He is a transfer from North Carolina along with Tony Brown. Faison is a Senior and Brown, Jordan Dixons cousin is a Junior. Faison is making impact this year and Brown should get some playing time next season. Faison showed an immediate impact last night having 4 points with in the first minute he was in the game and the Clinton post players (Gibson and Faison mainly) were just too quick for the Oak Ridge's bigger post players. And i have never in my life seen a student section as big and as loud as the Orange Crush was last night.

For those of us who were there, here is one to remember:

Heh ! Heh ! Baby ! I want to know, will you be my girl ?!

Then after the replay on Cable-TV-15 (Oak Ridge High School own private TV station for all of you who might not be aware), as if to somehow make em feel better, they show a replay of Oak Ridge-Clinton football game this past season. Now what the heck ?

what a rivalry, like no other