Should High School Coaches be allowed to recruit?

blondy12

I am not really sure why some people are allowed to post thread while others have them blocked or removed, but I guess that is the right of the administrator. I do not agree with it, so I gues my options are to shut up and leave CoachT, use my husbands sign on name, or file a formal complaint.

I will attempt, without naming any names to get a response that will settle my mind or tell me that I am wrong. I do not think coaches should look for players from other places to fill out what they feel are weak areas on their team? I think recruiting in Division I should be dealt with and not overlooked by TSSAA. Agree or Disagree? I would greatly appreciate the imput. ellewoods38501@hotmail.com

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not really sure why some people are allowed to post thread while others have them blocked or removed, but I guess that is the right of the administrator. I do not agree with it, so I gues my options are to shut up and leave CoachT, use my husbands sign on name, or file a formal complaint.

I will attempt, without naming any names to get a response that will settle my mind or tell me that I am wrong. I do not think coaches should look for players from other places to fill out what they feel are weak areas on their team? I think recruiting in Division I should be dealt with and not overlooked by TSSAA. Agree or Disagree? I would greatly appreciate the imput. ellewoods38501@hotmail.com

Your identity is known, and that being known explains your posts. You are by no means helping you or anyone in your family. The color in front of 12 is wrong.

Your identity is known, and that being known explains your posts. You are by no means helping you or anyone in your family. The color in front of 12 is wrong.

This person's identity may now be known and he/she may have an agenda. That being said, however, does not mean the subject matter doesn't deserve attention.

Recruiting happens...period....not everywhere, but more than people want to admit. I follow metro schools, so the only true recruiting I see is private schools recruiting metro kids. I am involved enough around the midstate however, to know of several instances of recruiting.

The biggest issue, I believe is what people's definition of recruiting is. Some people will say this coach didn't recruit or that coach didn't talk to that family. If anyone with ties to the school at all communicates and entices a child to come to a school, it can be considered recruiting.

Then who am I? Why is everyone concerned with who I am? Go ahead and reveal my identity if you are so sure? That's not the topic at all. I have supplied my email. If anyone from a particular area is insulted by my comments, they can email me and I will be happy to talk to them and reveal my indentity in a more confidential manner.

Here my take on this. If a parent wants to move that is up to them. If a friend of the family says you would be better off some where esle that is up to the parents. The sad thing is everybody is worried about some one esle family except their own. Now if a player comes in and another player loses their spot in the starting line up maybe that player may need to work harder inthe off season. I don't know but if my child lwas starting or lost playing time because another child I would not blame the other child, other child parents or coaches. It all starts at home because that is ALL you control. My parents moved around about every 5 years. When I got into another town and won the starting spot parents got mad because their son/duaghter lost playing time. They felt because they grew up in that town they should be the one to start or because they own some much property, or even because they where on the school board what ever the case may be. It all comes down to practice and what that child wants.

It sad that when people decide what is best for their family everybody esle things something is up. Maybe if you got to know some of these people instead of hating them because the are new or because someone lost their spot you would see they are just like you. They wants what best for their child too.

Just one person take on this subject :D

Then who am I? Why is everyone concerned with who I am? Go ahead and reveal my identity if you are so sure? That's not the topic at all. I have supplied my email. If anyone from a particular area is insulted by my comments, they can email me and I will be happy to talk to them and reveal my indentity in a more confidential manner.

I refuse to do that on this message board, I would not want to embarrssess any young lady because of actions of a parent.

does recruiting behind the scenes take place? yes. should it be allowed? no, not by coaches, administration or anyone involved with the school or team. but you also have to look at this scenario....sometimes family's relocate and/or student/athletes transfer because they want to play for a certain coach or at a certain school / program. not all transfers have been approached, some make the decision completely on their own.

does recruiting behind the scenes take place? yes. should it be allowed? no, not by coaches, administration or anyone involved with the school or team. but you also have to look at this scenario....sometimes family's relocate and/or student/athletes transfer because they want to play for a certain coach or at a certain school / program. not all transfers have been approached, some make the decision completely on their own.

EXACTLY