Congratulations Allons Boys and Girls

ShutupandPlay

Just wanted to say congratulations to both the girls and boys teams from Allons Elementary for winning the JC Haile State Tournament.

Congrats also to Cornerstone girls for winning their second straight JC Haile title.

This was Allons Boy's third straight JC Haile Title. Pretty impressive.

I too would like to congratulate the Allons girls and boys on their excellent performances at the JC Haile. But, I want to center this post around the Allons boys. Irregardless of the outcome of their Overton Co. championship game against Hilham or what they do at the TNT, they have had a remarkable season. 27-2 is a record anyone would be proud of. What impresses me the most is they did this despite some situations beyond their control. First and foremost, the loss of their coach of a year ago Richard Melton. Back in the early spring, Coach Melton got the job of head basketball coach at Livingston Academy. The loss of Coach Melton was devastating for most of the kids. Coach Melton was not only a guy they respected, he was also their "friend." He could blister them on the ballcourt, but when LA had a home game, most of the team would be sitting around him. With the loss of Coach Melton, the coaching situation at the school was left in disarray. No coach and nowhere to turn. Having to deal with losing their coach was a major task. These kids have also overcome some internal problems which they did not cause. But, the boys persevered through it all. Most everyone familiar with the situation knew this was going to be a very talented team. This team is made up of several kids who play 2 sports and 1 or 2 kids who play 3. But, in a lot of cases this does not automatically turn into wins. Fortunately, for the 2005-2006 edition of the Allons Hawks being talented paid off. Pat yourselves on the back boys. What you accomplished this season is truly commendable. For the ones going to high school, I'm sure Coach Melton is looking forward to your arrival. For the returners to Allons Elementary basketball, I wish you good luck.

I too would like to congratulate the Allons girls and boys on their excellent performances at the JC Haile. But, I want to center this post around the Allons boys. Irregardless of the outcome of their Overton Co. championship game against Hilham or what they do at the TNT, they have had a remarkable season. 27-2 is a record anyone would be proud of. What impresses me the most is they did this despite some situations beyond their control. First and foremost, the loss of their coach of a year ago Richard Melton. Back in the early spring, Coach Melton got the job of head basketball coach at Livingston Academy. The loss of Coach Melton was devastating for most of the kids. Coach Melton was not only a guy they respected, he was also their "friend." He could blister them on the ballcourt, but when LA had a home game, most of the team would be sitting around him. With the loss of Coach Melton, the coaching situation at the school was left in disarray. No coach and nowhere to turn. Having to deal with losing their coach was a major task. These kids have also overcome some internal problems which they did not cause. But, the boys persevered through it all. Most everyone familiar with the situation knew this was going to be a very talented team. This team is made up of several kids who play 2 sports and 1 or 2 kids who play 3. But, in a lot of cases this does not automatically turn into wins. Fortunately, for the 2005-2006 edition of the Allons Hawks being talented paid off. Pat yourselves on the back boys. What you accomplished this season is truly commendable. For the ones going to high school, I'm sure Coach Melton is looking forward to your arrival. For the returners to Allons Elementary basketball, I wish you good luck.

Wormy1, What a post! For obvious reasons, this may be THE most moving post I've ever read on CoachT. This really got me choked up. I agree 100%! Thank you for such a classy post. Man. Some people DO get the whole picture.

I watched Allons boys and girls yesterday. What is the key to their success? They are a terrific team and I heard they were even better last year. How do they continue to be so successful at this level? I am from South Pittsburg and I have the upmost respect for that program. Those guys really play well together. I think Allons and South Pitt may have the 2 best teams in the TNT 2A bracket, but unfortunately we have to play you guys in a few weeks. Hopefully, we can at least give you a decent game when we play. I was just curious how this program is such a state power year in and year out at the middle school level.

Edited by Football Fan1