DII Soccer

ydet

they r havin these scrimmages at david lipscomb now and pope and father ryan scrimmaged all ready this year tied 2-2 so im sure father ryan is not that gonna be that great like u think...so please quit postin ignorant comments like that...cause im just gonna be laughin when ryan loses a lot this year...

Edited by popefan 21

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they r havin these scrimmages at david lipscomb now and pope and father ryan scrimmaged all ready this year tied 2-2 so im sure father ryan is not that gonna be that great like u think...so please quit postin ignorant comments like that...cause im just gonna be laughin when ryan loses a lot this year...

How have they already scrimmaged? Season doesn't even start till next week.

It must be a "camp". I know that individual teams are allowed a week of camp before the season starts as long as the school's coaching staff is not involved. I do not know if competition against other schools is permitted. I will assume it is if there are a handful of schools participating.

Edited by uniden

Father Ryan will be a better team that last year. I am good friends with Coach Bowman, and many of the players. They are picking up intensity, focus, and determination. THey have signed up for many camps. They want the trophy again, and they will take it IMO.

Pope stands little or no chance. The only team in middle TN that can beat us is BGA, but thats a LONGGGG shot. Although FRHS lost many players, many good ones have remained. Most of the players are from Holy Rosary Academy (represent!), so that have been playing together for a long time. It should be fun to watch, but in the end its Father Ryan FTW. FTW = for the win.

pope has no chance thats funny....ryan will be no where as good as they were last year...lost imo the best keeper in the state...and a lot of very good talent....ima go ahead and tell u to watch of for will maddux hes a freshmen forward this year and he plays a lot like daniel kelly (who plays for the u-17 national team) not as good yet but will be a very great goal scorer for the knights this year...even though hes a freshmen the kid can play with ne one..id say that bga will be the team to beat in the middle this year...

Edited by popefan 21

No team in the state will be the same as last year, and to say so is just ignorance. Seniors have left, freshmen have come up and other players have developed their skills. No one can say for sure who will beat who until after the game has already been played.

I didnt know that teams were already scrimmaging but it is interesting to know that Ryan and JPII have already played and tied once. Sure you could right it off as a scrimmage but i know from experience that both teams began the match trying to win. sure during the season, players may change, refs may be different, the ball may even bounce a different way, but one thing is for sure: JPII and Ryan played recently and the two teams were even.

Alright... enough- Father Ryan, JPII, and Lipscomb are in camp at Lipscomb U. this week. No coaches are involved. These so called scrimmages have been short sided scrimages with a few 11 v. 11 get togethers. Yes, in an 11 v. 11 these two schools tied. Yes both sides were trying like crazy... Both sides played multiple players in multiple positions. Lipscomb staff overseeing scrimmage. Other than tremendous effort because it is Ryan v. Pope there is very little one can obtain from this as far as the season goes. Both schools have multiple contributors in other sports at the moment. Lets keep it in perspective. It is a preseason team camp that is meant to get the guys in the right frame of mind to start working on Monday the 13th. By the way, it is TSSAA sanctioned as legal because the respective coaching staffs do not work their players.

Father Ryan will be a better team that last year. I am good friends with Coach Bowman, and many of the players. They are picking up intensity, focus, and determination. THey have signed up for many camps. They want the trophy again, and they will take it IMO.

Pope stands little or no chance. The only team in middle TN that can beat us is BGA, but thats a LONGGGG shot. Although FRHS lost many players, many good ones have remained. Most of the players are from Holy Rosary Academy (represent!), so that have been playing together for a long time. It should be fun to watch, but in the end its Father Ryan FTW. FTW = for the win.

The last time I heard an "IMO" from you was before the Battle of the Bishop's

Cup. We All know how that one worked out. JP2 FTW :P

Alright... enough- Father Ryan, JPII, and Lipscomb are in camp at Lipscomb U. this week. No coaches are involved. These so called scrimmages have been short sided scrimages with a few 11 v. 11 get togethers. Yes, in an 11 v. 11 these two schools tied. Yes both sides were trying like crazy... Both sides played multiple players in multiple positions. Lipscomb staff overseeing scrimmage. Other than tremendous effort because it is Ryan v. Pope there is very little one can obtain from this as far as the season goes. Both schools have multiple contributors in other sports at the moment. Lets keep it in perspective. It is a preseason team camp that is meant to get the guys in the right frame of mind to start working on Monday the 13th. By the way, it is TSSAA sanctioned as legal because the respective coaching staffs do not work their players.

I am sure they ran it by the TSSAA, but I don't know how they were allowed to scrimmage. I guess I am unclear as to what is allowed before season starts. I guess it was viewed as open facilities. I haven't heard of team camp. If someone knows, please explain. I'm not upset at either team, I'd just like to understand.

Also, people put WAY TOO MUCH emphasis on scrimmages. Scrimmages are supposed to get you ready for season, to see what talent you have in different positions. If you judge end results by beginning scrimmages, then CAK would be in trouble, since we were beat by FRA last season first scrimmage, as well as Lenoir City in 2003 5-1. Take a scrimmage for what it is worth... a PRACTICE game. Sometimes, this is the only time that my #15-19 on my roster will get a large amount of playing time. Play hard, play for the win, but realize they mean about as much as a pre-season ranking. Just my thoughts.

I am not trying to put a bunch of emphasis on the scrimmage, I'm just saying that both Father Ryan and JPII already played, and they tied. Therefore, at this point, no one has any right to talk trash. Any one who does talk needs to wait until they can back it up on the field.

I am not trying to put a bunch of emphasis on the scrimmage, I'm just saying that both Father Ryan and JPII already played, and they tied. Therefore, at this point, no one has any right to talk trash. Any one who does talk needs to wait until they can back it up on the field.

I totally agree. I wan't referring to you directly. More to last season.