DII Soccer

ydet

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soysauce - If you are going to post -- then post the truth... The score was 3-2. Father Ryan used two JPII Senior players... JPII played for over half the game with freshmen that may or may not make varsity. Ryan scored 1 goal on the more experienced players and two goals on the freshman goalie and three freshman defensemen. Now , i am not crying poor mouth nor am I yelling what a great feat. It is what it is. A scrimmage that neither team had their best players, in a snow storm, at a camp, without coaches or strategy. It was a good scrimmage for both. Soysauce, if I were you, I would be on the basketball post screaming about the basketball victory Friday night. Now that is something you actually have to brag about. Ryan played a great game... Langhi and the little quarterback did a great job.

Now , i am not crying poor mouth nor am I yelling what a great feat. It is what it is. A scrimmage that neither team had their best players, in a snow storm, at a camp, without coaches or strategy. It was a good scrimmage for both.

It is fine to say that it was only a scrimmage and means nothing, but if you guys are going to boast about tying Father Ryan in the first scrimmage, then it should be said that you lost the second one.

Soysauce - If you are going to post -- then post the truth... The score was 3-2. Father Ryan used two JPII Senior players... JPII played for over half the game with freshmen that may or may not make varsity. Ryan scored 1 goal on the more experienced players and two goals on the freshman goalie and three freshman defensemen. Now , i am not crying poor mouth nor am I yelling what a great feat. It is what it is. A scrimmage that neither team had their best players, in a snow storm, at a camp, without coaches or strategy. It was a good scrimmage for both. Soysauce, if I were you, I would be on the basketball post screaming about the basketball victory Friday night. Now that is something you actually have to brag about. Ryan played a great game... Langhi and the little quarterback did a great job.

First off, this isn't a basketball board, it’s for soccer. There is no need to even bring it up, nor suggest picking fight on other boards.

Secondly, the scrimmages (Tuesday's and Friday's) were both good games. Father Ryan was missing a large portion of their team as was JPII. You can't make comparisons just based on the first game, nor just the second. You can't really make judgments at all, considering both teams were missing important factors in their lineup. The snow storm didn't help. The score however was much worse than 3-2. I am not sure how many Ryan scored, but I can recall 5. JPII also didn't score. They had one that was offside and wasn't counted, and probably wouldn't have gone in had play not been dead. The two players Ryan received weren’t anything special. If they were important players on JPII’s team, then I think JPII’s season might be in jeopardy. Either way, the JPII Ryan game will be a good one. I predict Ryan by 3.

:thumb:

feverfan Posted Today, 04:46 PM

3-2. Were you actually watching? That's ridiculous. The Contractor recalls at least 5 Father Ryan goals. JP2 also had their only "goal" called back for offsides. Now I'm assuming you weren't at the scrimmage, so I'll let you off, but saying that I'm not posting the truth when you are no where near it? I don't care about the scrimmage anymore, just what you said.

A good debate is one thing, but this is getting a little heated over the score of what wasn't really even a scrimmage. It was practice. The two teams were practicing against each other to try to get game fit (see my post on the conditioning board). Sure everybody was trying to win, but a practice game "victory" is nothing to brag about.

A good debate is one thing, but this is getting a little heated over the score of what wasn't really even a scrimmage. It was practice. The two teams were practicing against each other to try to get game fit (see my post on the conditioning board). Sure everybody was trying to win, but a practice game "victory" is nothing to brag about.

im thinkin that ryan and pjII should just chill out, its ok it was a scrimmage big deal.

I don't think the argument about the game itself is the problem. The debate seems to gotten "a little heated" when lies were being thrown around.

ydet, I'll be sure to check your post on the conditioning board right away! :lol:

Edited by The Contractor

so who is next to take a jab at how bad Father Ryan wil be this year, because I know they would love to prove you wrong. And does R.O.B have anything to say on this topic. He has been quiet for awhile.

no father ryan wont be bad they always have a pretty strong team..im just sayin there is no way that yall can be ne better than last years team...last years team was amazing.....and yall lost basically all ur good players...i want to know who is gonna replace mark mcwatters cause thats gonna be hard to do..

I have also noticed R.O.B.'s absence. he seems to be a little more lax this year. also, there is no way Ryan can be the same team that they were last year. Though they didnt loose all their players (like BGA last year) they did loose the key components to their team.

I have also noticed R.O.B.'s absence. he seems to be a little more lax this year. also, there is no way Ryan can be the same team that they were last year. Though they didnt loose all their players (like BGA last year) they did loose the key components to their team.

The key is to know whether or not they are rebuilding or reloading. I have a feeling that they are reloading. Did anybody see their J.V. team last year, looked more like a varsity team? It will be hard to say until their first match, Hendersonville (?), but I bet their coach will have them ready.