D2

sanchez

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw in the paper that FRHS got beat by Davidson Academy. I believe the score was 15-14. FR can hit but sounds like they don't have much else. I don't remember seeing that Davidson has won any other DII games. The BGAvsBA game sounds like it was a good one. Does anyone know any details. All I saw was the box score.

I saw in the paper that FRHS got beat by Davidson Academy. I believe the score was 15-14. FR can hit but sounds like they don't have much else. I don't remember seeing that Davidson has won any other DII games. The BGAvsBA game sounds like it was a good one. Does anyone know any details. All I saw was the box score.

I think Davidson beat JPII earlier, might be mistaken.

And I caught the first couple of innings of the BGA/BA game last night, since they were playing near my house, and BA jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the 1st off a reach on a K (E-2) and then a couple of hits. I was surprised to read BGA came back to win 5-3.

And for the record, I went to BA and despise the sports department in general for certain reasons... Getting kind of interested in BGA, since they play just down Franklin Road.

Edited by bballfanatic1

I think Davidson beat JPII earlier, might be mistaken.

And I caught the first couple of innings of the BGA/BA game last night, since they were playing near my house, and BA jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the 1st off a reach on a K (E-2) and then a couple of hits. I was surprised to read BGA came back to win 5-3.

And for the record, I went to BA and despise the sports department in general for certain reasons... Getting kind of interested in BGA, since they play just down Franklin Road.

If you go to a game at BGA let us know about their new facility. I have heard that it is something else. Someone told me that it was ranked in the top 10 in the country. Now, I don't know how they came up with that but maybe it has to do with how much money is put into it. I have also heard that if you want to play baseball, BGA is the place to go.

BGA's great facilities are negated by their coach. Myers lets his kids do/say whatever they want during a game. i have never heard more obnoxious players in my life....as much as they wish it weren't true, BGA will always just be a good middle region team but they are no state title contenders....

BGA's bench is loud but that can be good and bad I guess. I always hated it when the opposing team was loud, and to tell you the truth it made me mad and me think about that more then the game. But I have nothing wrong with them having a good time. Do you mean they are disrespectful, yoyo? If so then thats a knock on that school.

As for their facilities, they are very nice. Havn't been inside the hitting facility/locker room but it looks great from the outside; and their field has always been one of the best around. They have some very generous alumni/parents.

Edited by bballfanatic1

Does anyone have any results from yesterday and today's games. From all DII teams?

Bballfan, I know that Ridings pitched for BGA on Monday. I believe he is their Ace. Who has/will pitch for them the rest of the way. And what about BA's pitching?

I know that Todd Miller is MBA's Ace but who are the rest of their pitchers.

What about JPII and Father Ryan's pitching.

Ridings and Miller are the only two that I have heard about.

Ha I don't know much to tell you the truth. The BGA kid that pitched today was a lefty, #32 I think, and one of their parents said he was their #3. BGA beat BA 13-3 in 5, walk-off 2 run HR, tonight by the way. BA's starting pitcher was #15 and #10 came in relief, both right handed.

I'm planning on going to the BGA @ BA game tomorrow afternoon after work and Ill talk to some of the BGA parents about their pitching.

I honestly am not sure about JPII and Father Ryan, sorry.

Edited by bballfanatic1

BGA is very loud when it comes to the bench, but they have never been disrespectful to any coaches, fans, or umpires. Players will always say things to each other on the field, but thats part of the game. yoyo must be a player/parent of one of the teams that bga has beat, because no one should resent a group of kids that like to yell and have a good time while on the ball field.

BGA swept BA with a 4-0 victory today. The players were a little flat, but still managed to play great defense and put together a few (9) hits. BBallfanatic, hopefully you saw BGA's firepower in game two of the BA series, they've got great hitting, solid defense, and a great pitching staff. BGA is poised to make a run deep into the state tournament if they can keep it up.

FRHS is inconsistent right now, but still show signs of being a good team. They did lose two tough games to bga..both in 8 innings, and all of the region losses have been by one run...which at one point in each game they held a lead... except a 9-7 loss to BA... and yes losing to Davidson Academy was embarassing ... it being 15-14 and hitting into a game ending double play with the bases loaded... but came back wednesday and beat them 22-3... if frhs can come together and play consistent ball in a couple weeks they could sneak up on people

Edited by Pride30