We came We saw We had a doozy of a meeting and...

bear cat brown

Bear Cat Brown-

Looks as if Stovepipe and Keefjams have got a case of the sour grapes! They definitely would not fit in at your meetings, I guess that's why they were to chicken to come find you in Clarkesville. A great time was had by all that were in attendance and personally I can already tell that I, for one , don't want to share a cold one with either of them. I just can't stand a sore loser, much less two of them.

Lu-lu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These lines come to mind:

"Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't."

--From Hamlet (II, ii, 206)

"Lord, what fools these mortals be!"

--From A Midsummer Night's Dream (III, ii, 115)\

In response to the above:

I am a fan of Tennessee Wrestling, mostly DII. ND left DII. That left a fowl odor (read as: yellow belley chicken). They didnt leave for tougher battles, they left for small school DI. Then I read that the fans all got drunk during the event. That reaks even worse, no one likes a drunk. I didn't go to Clarksville because I didnt care one way or the other which team won. But I am going to go to State Individuals....and I know where to find you all if need be.....at the bar.

Edited by stovepipe

These lines come to mind:

"Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't."

--From Hamlet (II, ii, 206)

"Lord, what fools these mortals be!"

--From A Midsummer Night's Dream (III, ii, 115)\

In response to the above:

I am a fan of Tennessee Wrestling, mostly DII. ND left DII. That left a fowl odor (read as: yellow belley chicken). They didnt leave for tougher battles, they left for small school DI. Then I read that the fans all got drunk during the event. That reaks even worse, no one likes a drunk. I didn't go to Clarksville because I didnt care one way or the other which team won. But I am going to go to State Individuals....and I know where to find you all if need be.....at the bar.

How about this one, a personal favorite of mine:

"It's better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

- Mark Twain

Cheers

Edited by Rabble Rouser

No way would I have the guts to knock any ND wreslters or refer to them as yellow belly. That's just stupid. Even if you can quote Hamlet.

We may have worked up a sweat or two 20 years ago but these guys are dealing with issues that go way beyond what was reasonable in our day. Staff infections and ring worm outbreaks that just didn't exist back then, no cheerleaders (excet for Bradley, good job fellows), twice the number of matches every year, and now a web site that gives old wanna be's the right to hide behind screen names and accuse these fine boys of being less than someone else. This has become a very tough sport indeed (much worse than the 70's).

I wonder if old Bear Cat can still get out there and put together 6 good minutes. Something tells me that he could still wip that arse with or without a meeting or two before hand. And besides, I never saw any over imbiding last weekend nor did I see any Hamlets. I guess what I'm saying is that if your going to be nasty enough to call someone "Yellow" then you ought to do it in his face, not behind Shakespeare. Actually you called the whole team yellow. That's crazy man, I don't blame you for hiding behind a screen name.

Stovey, you need a drink.

The Small Schools division seems to make sense for Notre Dame. They're a small school with a small number of wrestlers. I believe they only had 20 guys on their entire squad last year.

I did notice that a couple of the green Irish faithful downed a pint or two at the hotel the night before the meet. (I joined them in that endeavor.) But they were sober as a judge at the tournament the next day. Don't know if I could say the same about the purple Irish's fans, considering the things that came from their mouths when their boys were on the mat.

Im sticking my tongue out at you.

They met the TSSAA qualifications. Less numbers yet competitive enough to place in the top 8 I believe and probaly will in the individuals.

Stove, You're too funny & good natured to be like this. Let's not "...throw stones..." fairly reliable source from someone who turned water to wine; although not sure what level proof (if any) it was. He was quite tolarant I believe in any case I believe.

I'm certain these folks were responsible and nothing less (unlike the picture from a few years back of HT and BCB :thumb: )

I'm proud of what ND has done and will do. Congrats on bringing home some hardware once again, good people of our Chattanooga Irish!!!

Please excuse my misspellings before you comment from any dictionaries. Remember I'm a Hixson grad.

Edited by Sommers

Take nothing away from the accomplishments of the Kids but parents we know that winning the CUPCAKE division is not where the true CHAMPIONS are. Would

you rather win the Southern Conference in Wrestling or be in the top 4 in the BIG TEN or BIG TWELVE. There are more All Americans that finish 4th in the Big 10 or Big 12 than Champions of the Southern Conference. So Parents toot your horn but you know the difference in competition the kids don't. We will see how many champions come out of the A division next week. I was at the meet this weekend but couldn't stand the BREW smell in the IRISH Section. Would Love to meet BCB and Stovepipe. Calling one names is not POPE like!!

This Bud is for YOU

KEEFJAMS

We should be able to tell pretty soon at the state individual championship if Notre Dame can "run with the big boys". I expect they will run pretty well.

As a team, everyone should get a chance pretty soon to see how well Notre Dame stacks up to the Division I AAA schools. Notre Dame's current TSSAA stated enrollment is 582 (1047 modified). If that figure holds at next classification review, ND will be moved up to AAA.

Question: Now that ND was won a Duals State Championship, does anyone think that ND will request to have it's A/AA classification changed to AAA prior to 2009?

Take nothing away from the accomplishments of the Kids but parents we know that winning the CUPCAKE division is not where the true CHAMPIONS are. Would

you rather win the Southern Conference in Wrestling or be in the top 4 in the BIG TEN or BIG TWELVE. There are more All Americans that finish 4th in the Big 10 or Big 12 than Champions of the Southern Conference. So Parents toot your horn but you know the difference in competition the kids don't. We will see how many champions come out of the A division next week. I was at the meet this weekend but couldn't stand the BREW smell in the IRISH Section. Would Love to meet BCB and Stovepipe. Calling one names is not POPE like!!

This Bud is for YOU

KEEFJAMS

"Wouldn't take anything away from the kids"??!! That's all you shmucks (Stovefag & keeffag) are doing! These ND kids go out there and wrestle whoever gets put in the circle with them. They don't ask questions. They JUST WRESTLE (Look into it) You got a problem with a decision made by the front office of ND. Call 'em. Their number's in the book. You want to slam a bunch of 14-18 yr. olds who do nothing but wrestle their hearts out and ask for no quarter ? You're pitiful!!

And believe me, these young men are well aware that no quarter will be given for the next 2 weekends. D1 cakewalk ? That ain't what I've seen. I would have responded to you girls sooner but work has been getting in the way of wrestling season. Hey Bearcat, hand me a tallboy! Make mine a Country Club!!

Harry F. Thornton

"Wouldn't take anything away from the kids"??!! That's all you shmucks (Stovefag & keeffag) are doing! These ND kids go out there and wrestle whoever gets put in the circle with them. They don't ask questions. They JUST WRESTLE (Look into it) You got a problem with a decision made by the front office of ND. Call 'em. Their number's in the book. You want to slam a bunch of 14-18 yr. olds who do nothing but wrestle their hearts out and ask for no quarter ? You're pitiful!!

And believe me, these young men are well aware that no quarter will be given for the next 2 weekends. D1 cakewalk ? That ain't what I've seen. I would have responded to you girls sooner but work has been getting in the way of wrestling season. Hey Bearcat, hand me a tallboy! Make mine a Country Club!!

Harry F. Thornton

Amen Harry.

The Brew smell coming from the Irish section in the stands? Everyone knows that Harry and I are ringside, Raider76 were you over there hitting on our ladies again?

How about an old fashion tag team match : In this corner wobbling slightly but looking and willing to kick some butt, Harry and Bear Cat and in the other corner coming straight from their 9th veiwing of Broke Back Mtn, how'd you put it Harry? Oh yea stovefag and keeffag

Let's get it on

Love and Peace to all the Irish Friends

Thanks for taking up for our boys

The Bear

WhiskeyJoe, Nd had 16 wrestlers the prior two years, up to 21 I think this year.

Your Boy did a great job this weekend, good luck at State

Edited by bear cat brown