possibilty of brentwood to tie for #1 in 11AAA

valid_remarks

i do not think that word upset would be appropriate when talking about brentwood and hilsboro. yes hillsboro is ranked in the top ten and brentwood is no where near the top 20, but i think that brentwood is a better team than hillsboro. hillsboro has an amazing player in mooney (who will most likely be miss basketball this year) and the other players play off of her. if brentwood plays the type of defense that they played before and can score. (those of you will recall that the game was tied 20 to 20 at half and brentwood only scored 9 points the third and fourth quarters combined). also a huge factor missing was sims for brentwood that was out most of the game due to foul trouble and if i am not mistaken who eventually fouled out. she is only a sophomore and she has a bright future and is the only point guard that brentwood has so when she is in foul trouble that really hurts the team when they have to use backup people. but i think if sims stays out of foul trouble and sims, shumacher, anderson, and tidwell have a gret offensive night, brentwood wins a close one at hillsboro on feb.13.

i do not think that word upset would be appropriate when talking about brentwood and hilsboro. yes hillsboro is ranked in the top ten and brentwood is no where near the top 20, but i think that brentwood is a better team than hillsboro. hillsboro has an amazing player in mooney (who will most likely be miss basketball this year) and the other players play off of her. if brentwood plays the type of defense that they played before and can score. (those of you will recall that the game was tied 20 to 20 at half and brentwood only scored 9 points the third and fourth quarters combined). also a huge factor missing was sims for brentwood that was out most of the game due to foul trouble and if i am not mistaken who eventually fouled out. she is only a sophomore and she has a bright future and is the only point guard that brentwood has so when she is in foul trouble that really hurts the team when they have to use backup people. but i think if sims stays out of foul trouble and sims, shumacher, anderson, and tidwell have a gret offensive night, brentwood wins a close one at hillsboro on feb.13.

I think you would have to still consider it to be an upset although it wouldn't be considered a major one and not out of the realm of possibility. Hillsboro is the defending district season champion, until someone beats them they are still the favorite. Don't forget that Hillsboro's defense had something to do with BHS only scoring 9 points in the second half.

You also forgot to mention that BHS's # 34 missed the entire game due to a concusion. Often BHS is more productive on offense and has fewer turnovers when she runs the point than they are when Simms is at the top. Don't get me wrong, I think Simms is a terrific player, but maybe she should be on the wing so she can attack the basket easier.

Edited by hoopitup3

Sorry but NOT A CHANCE.

Hillsboro has more than Mooney and they are having a very succesful year. When Mooney is off and even when she is on, some of the other girls score big...Soleman etc. Getting (or not getting) in foul trouble is part of playing a good game. You have to be smart enough and well coached not to let that happen.

Brentwood has a very good team but I choose Hillsboro by 15.

Could it happen? Yes. Will it happen? I doubt it. Hillsboro is so much more athletic and so much bigger. They can have trouble scoring from the outside, but they do a good job of scoring in transition.

Yes, Brentwood will be prepared and have a good game plan, but the way that Brentwood wins games is to press them and make the other teams make mistakes. Mooney doesn't make those mistakes (although the other girls do). So if you take away Brenwoods press, they will have to pack it in and hope Hillsboro gets impatient and shoots poorly.

I say Hillsboro by 20.

as i stated earlier with sims not in foul trouble turnovers will be limited. i watched the harpeth game at brentwood and i recall #34 having a lot more turnovers that sims as well as against franklin. sims played great against franklin and on any given night she is probably the leading rebounder. i am positive she has division i potential. she is a young player and is still learning but brentwood present and future is bright. sims at the pt. #12 i think anderson on the wing tidwell down low (who is very undersized for her position) shumacher on the wing and maher down low. if they play well together i say brentwood by 4. and brentwoods future is very bright next year with stphanie hall stepping it up in the lineup. brentwood will be dangerous. by the way does anyone know when stephanie hall (last year's leading scorer in williamson county that transfered to brentwood) is elgible to play and if she does will she start? I predict:

1.sims (the most athletic on the team)

2.hall (can create, shot, and drive)

3.schumacher (can shoot, drive, and dish the ball)

4.tidwell (second most athletic on team)

5.maher (she has had really good games this year and she will be stronger next year)

good luck with that line up williamson county, region, and state contenders; and the bench is deep with this new freshman that has been dressing out. Who is she? anderson and #34 coming off the bench, shooters on the bench, drivers, and athletic girls.

as i stated earlier with sims not in foul trouble turnovers will be limited. i watched the harpeth game at brentwood and i recall #34 having a lot more turnovers that sims as well as against franklin. sims played great against franklin and on any given night she is probably the leading rebounder. i am positive she has division i potential. she is a young player and is still learning but brentwood present and future is bright. sims at the pt. #12 i think anderson on the wing tidwell down low (who is very undersized for her position) shumacher on the wing and maher down low. if they play well together i say brentwood by 4. and brentwoods future is very bright next year with stphanie hall stepping it up in the lineup. brentwood will be dangerous. by the way does anyone know when stephanie hall (last year's leading scorer in williamson county that transfered to brentwood) is elgible to play and if she does will she start? I predict:

1.sims (the most athletic on the team)

2.hall (can create, shot, and drive)

3.schumacher (can shoot, drive, and dish the ball)

4.tidwell (second most athletic on team)

5.maher (she has had really good games this year and she will be stronger next year)

good luck with that line up williamson county, region, and state contenders; and the bench is deep with this new freshman that has been dressing out. Who is she? anderson and #34 coming off the bench, shooters on the bench, drivers, and athletic girls.

Interesting perspective valid remarks. Not sure I agree as Simms is leading the team in turnovers for the year, but she definitely belongs on the floor and she is the most athletic on the team. She needs to learn to be patient and let the game develop.

Steph Hall is eligible after March 1st, I think, so B'wood will have to go deep into the regionals for her to play this year. With her and all but 1 player returning next year they, should be very good.

Freshman's name is Hannah Phillips and she certainly has a bright basketball future ahead of her.