Lausanne #1 in AP Poll

philtenn

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lausanne is now rated #1 in the AP Poll. Congratulations to the players, coaches, parents, and other supporters. You've done a great job. Time to sit back and enjoy for awhile...

Now get back at it. #1 in a poll is nice, but you've got some games to win still. :lol::lol:

You are exactly right Philtenn. Polls are nice, but gold balls are nicer and there is a lot of work yet to be done to reach that goal. We'll see how it goes, but i will say this group of girls continues to work hard and have been a joy to watch. I wish them all the best....

Edited by elitebball

I have to admit I do not know much about Lausanne. Where is the school? What is the team like? Who are the key players? Are they one of the 1.8 moves for this year? If so, what district did they play in last year?

Memphis. A great group of young ladies I hear. The entire team plays well together. 1.8, whats that. The same, no different than last year, but a tougher schedule. :lol:

I have to admit I do not know much about Lausanne. Where is the school? What is the team like? Who are the key players? Are they one of the 1.8 moves for this year? If so, what district did they play in last year?

Lausanne is a Division II school out of Memphis. They are currently 25-2 with their only 2 losses coming at the Nike Tournament in Arizona. Lauren Avant, an 8th grader, leads the way for the Lady Lynx as she is not only the best 8th grader in Tennessee, but possibly the country (definitely top 3).

Lausanne is a Division II school out of Memphis. They are currently 25-2 with their only 2 losses coming at the Nike Tournament in Arizona. Lauren Avant, an 8th grader, leads the way for the Lady Lynx as she is not only the best 8th grader in Tennessee, but possibly the country (definitely top 3).

Last night I was only joking about what I wrote, but I see ptguard knows alot about girls basketball throughout the state, Lausanne is lead by Lauren Avant an 8th grader, and has a strong supporting case: Monica Miller 9th grader, Sharwil Bell 10th grader, Eppie Kyles 12th grader, and Claire Neely 12th grader and she is surely one of the best centers in West Tn. by far, 6'2/6'3 and can really run the court. Then they have Jessica Green, Milira Dunn, Natalie ?, and a couple of young ladies that comes in a play a vital part on defense. They can play at least 10 girls in any given game and not lose any advantage. Lausanne has a chance to possibly win their region and compete well in the state tournment.

Some private schools that were in D1 last year got moved from D1 A to D1 AA by the TSSAA because the TSSAA used a "1.8" multiplier on the number of students that attend a private school to help the public schools compete. Some of the privates, such as Davidson Academy, left D1 and went into D2 because they believe the 1.8 multiplier was unfair.

I am sorry that I had not heard of Lausanne before, so I thought perhaps it was one of the teams that made the move.

I think that it is wonderful to hear that Lausanne is having such success with such a young team. How do you think they would stack up against a Brentwood Academy?

Some private schools that were in D1 last year got moved from D1 A to D1 AA by the TSSAA because the TSSAA used a "1.8" multiplier on the number of students that attend a private school to help the public schools compete. Some of the privates, such as Davidson Academy, left D1 and went into D2 because they believe the 1.8 multiplier was unfair.

I am sorry that I had not heard of Lausanne before, so I thought perhaps it was one of the teams that made the move.

I think that it is wonderful to hear that Lausanne is having such success with such a young team. How do you think they would stack up against a Brentwood Academy?

I believe Lausanne would win, but Dunlap would give them all they wanted. In terms of overall athletic ability, Dunlap is probably the most talented player in Division II this year that I have seen.

Edited by ptguard12

Last night I was only joking about what I wrote, but I see ptguard knows alot about girls basketball throughout the state, Lausanne is lead by Lauren Avant an 8th grader, and has a strong supporting case: Monica Miller 9th grader, Sharwil Bell 10th grader, Eppie Kyles 12th grader, and Claire Neely 12th grader and she is surely one of the best centers in West Tn. by far, 6'2/6'3 and can really run the court. Then they have Jessica Green, Milira Dunn, Natalie ?, and a couple of young ladies that comes in a play a vital part on defense. They can play at least 10 girls in any given game and not lose any advantage. Lausanne has a chance to possibly win their region and compete well in the state tournment.

Lausanne as all the talent in the world; shooters, slashers, dominant post players not to mention the intensity they bring to the court. Lausanne vs. Brentwood would be a fun game.. let's hope they get the chance to play each other in the State. B) But, Regionals should be pretty competitive, they will probably face ECS and Briarcrest, any predictions?

Forgive my ignorance, but how is it an 8th grader is on a HS Varsity squad? Is this a DII rule? How does this relate to official career records/stats?

Pretty simple - if your school is listed with the Board of Education as a K-12 school then you can play as an 8th grader (you can play 5 years of high school ball). If your school is listed as a 9-12 you can't . This was a direct quote from Ronnie Carter in a newspaper article a month ago.

So what is the storty of this school ? I hear they did not have a team 2 or 3 years ago - is this true ?? Is is true that pretty much an entire AAU team from 1 or 2 age groups enrolled there and has really bolstered their team ??? And their AAU coach is the coach ?? Just what I am hearing. It is what it is. Not saying it is illegal or anything.

Why do they not play Briarcrest or ECS in the regular season ??

Pretty simple - if your school is listed with the Board of Education as a K-12 school then you can play as an 8th grader (you can play 5 years of high school ball). If your school is listed as a 9-12 you can't . This was a direct quote from Ronnie Carter in a newspaper article a month ago.

So what is the storty of this school ? I hear they did not have a team 2 or 3 years ago - is this true ?? Is is true that pretty much an entire AAU team from 1 or 2 age groups enrolled there and has really bolstered their team ??? And their AAU coach is the coach ?? Just what I am hearing. It is what it is. Not saying it is illegal or anything.

Why do they not play Briarcrest or ECS in the regular season ??

Ecs lost to lausanne by 12 and was losing by 17 with 1:30 left, and then the coach pulled all the starters. Briarcrest was not on their schedule this year but they would be happy to put them on their schedule for next year. If Briarcrest can beat ECS and win their division, Briarcrest and Lausanne would play each other in next weeks regional semi-final game to determine who will play in the finals. Also the team was built over a 3 year period and all four seniors have always been students of Lausanne as I was told. Also After I called my connection that knows this team very well, I was told that only 2 new players enrolled into the school this year for mainly the educational opportunity and not basketball. The two new students have already made the Headmasters list and that means that they have a 4.0 grade average on a 4.0 grading scale. Also I was told that Coach Hunter does not coach AAU, they have always had a team in DII. :thumb: