Rangers Win Another Conference Title

krichunaka

Unaka and Cloudland was yet another very good U vs C game. Unaka won by ten, clinching the co-championship to be shared with the other U H.

It was 13 - 12 Unaka after one; Cloudland won the second 19 - 13; 31 - 26, Cloudland at Halftime.

Unaka won the most-decisive third 22 - 6; 48 - 37 after three; Cloudland the fourth, 20 - 19.

Final: Unaka - 67 Cloudland - 57.

Unaka's point guard, Jon Grindstaff, played his Smartest and probably his Best game since becoming a Ranger. Adam Buckles and Hunter Taylor continue to play over their heads (literally) against taller opponents. Brandon Roper had twenty-four, or thereabouts.

Cannott over-state Josh Lowe's improvement since last season. He will be chosen League, Regular Season M V P, or possibly share the honor with a Junior Buc.

Cloudland's Cody Hughes is a frightening offensive player. Luke Sparks played another very good game and sophomore, Stocton is continuing to improve.

Another Great Job by two very good coaches.

Glad to see you guys got this one - you needed it. That's 9 consecutive conference titles. Best of Luck in the post season. :D

Does anyone know where the districts will be played? Will it be at Milligan or Chuckey Doak? Seen on TSSAA that the Regionals will be at LMU. Long trip but nice facilities.

Glad to see you guys got this one - you needed it. That's 9 consecutive conference titles. Best of Luck in the post season. :thumb:

Does anyone know where the districts will be played? Will it be at Milligan or Chuckey Doak? Seen on TSSAA that the Regionals will be at LMU. Long trip but nice facilities.

I think districs are @ milligan.

Great game by the Rangers!!!!

Go Rangers!!!!!!!! Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh Lowe has to be a lock for the MVP beacause of what he has done with this team this year. HIs leadership has payed off from building this team up since they only have 2 players from the State Champ Team in 2004 with him the only one with any playing time in a big game.

Edited by Stoney Creek Baseball

Great game by the Rangers!!!!

Go Rangers!!!!!!!! Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Josh Lowe has to be a lock for the MVP beacause of what he has done with this team this year. HIs leadership has payed off from building this team up since they only have 2 players from the State Champ Team in 2004 with him the only one with any playing time in a big game.

And what about the top 2 guards for us? #4 and #21. To me they put better #'s up and are consistant all the time and plus #32 for us shut lowe down both times.

And what about the top 2 guards for us? #4 and #21. To me they put better #'s up and are consistant all the time and plus #32 for us shut lowe down both times.

UHBasketball,

It's been a very controversial issue for several years now.

Agreed, you have two tremendous guards; and #32 is also outstanding.

What's the process? Is it the way it's been the past several years (I think), wherein each Conference Coach casts one vote? And is it true that a coach cannot vote for his own player? Sound fair to you?

I obviously don't know the process. But before you say it's unfair (and I've always thought it was, until asked to produce a "better way"), what if the election were to be "opened" to where each school gets one vote? And for any player he chooses? Would there be a dwindling down; until someone blinks, and chooses to Not vote for his own player?

Further, are there nominations? And if so, is there one from each team? And if so (see the dilemma? and especially this season for Coach Gordon), is each Coach free to nominate his own player? And in that case, which of your Three do you think Coach Gordon would nominate?

I think districs are @ milligan.

No, they aren't @ Milligan. Unicoi and Johnson County were getting looks, but I think the only school that will let us have them is CD.... What a shame... I wish we could have them at Tusculum. Or for that matter, King's new facilities are real nice.

Edited by Rangerbook06

No, they aren't @ Milligan. Unicoi and Johnson County were getting looks, but I think the only school that will let us have them is CD.... What a shame... I wish we could have them at Tusculum. Or for that matter, King's new facilities are real nice.

oo ok ya tusculum or king would be nice. Well CD isnt that bad of a place just out there a lil bit