TSSAA DROPS THE BALL ?

FIG4

Patton,

You've taken this to hard. You're new friend has been fine all along. He was enjoying the exchange. See you guys at state!!

hey sommers,

you are probably right, but i honestly felt bad when i re-read my post. my coach T name could have been "jerkpattonboysdad". i could have said things ALOT better and asked a few questions, etc. i think i emotionally went back to last year when we were involved in a crazy call in the aau state's...and i knew how this kid felt...etc

i am guessing by this post that i might know "hespinnedref"... if i do then i really will feel bad.

and if you do know "hespinnedref", encourage him to chat with me

good luck with spencer, kyle, the dedman brothers, etc...tell them i said go bulldogs!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie, my son (from Bearden) lost to you at GIT last yr for 5th and I've been keeping an eye on you since. He's at 52 this year so won't be running into you. I'm pleased to see that you come off here as being a real gentleman. I'm sorry for what your buddy is going through. Doesn't seem fair. Maybe you and teammates can come up with a gesture of support at Regions. Just don't get yourself in trouble. Speaking of which... you're sure on the computer a lot in the middle of the school day!

Good luck this wknd. Hope to see you on top!

Thank you very much for your support of me and my team as well. I remember facing your son last year, and personally felt that I had caught him in something and it was just a fluke. I thought I recognized him earlier this year at then Knox. Cath. Inv.,but thought he had already left the highschool ranks, much less see him at a lower weight-class. I like the idea of a supporting gesture of some sort, but I know Chris, and I think he would much rather us just phocus on our opponents. I can understand how he feels, but at the same time it's just not that easy to simply forget something of this magnitude. I believe that he's taken back by the response he has already gotten,statewide,from this incident, and that in itself is enough for him. But I also think I speek for us all when I say this isnt the last TSSAA will be hearing about this and many similar incidents in the past for weeks to come.

And for the record we had a substitute and my work was finished before I started typing up a storm on here

Jackson- You have blown my mind. I have no memory of what you are talking about. I know 30 is getting old and I have a harder time remembering things so please give me more details.

Karns wrestled in the Slamfest in Dec 95. Freddie Weaver (Karns) was wrestling Kirk Wood (Clk) at 145. We were well into the third period when Wood crossfaced Weaver. His arm went against Weaver's teeth and the referee who was calling the match DQed Weaver, deducted two team points and removed Weaver from the gym. Wood and his mother both talked to the referee and told him Weaver did not bite him, but he refused to change the ruling. The score according to the scorebook at that time was 11-10 Weaver. At the end of the second period the score was 7-5. Weaver chose down at the beginning of the third period. Wood took him to his back for 3, Weaver reversed for 2 and then took wood to his back for 2. Wood reversed for 2 and was attempting to turn Weaver when the biting took palce. To be honest I did not remember that this referee called the match until I looked it up, but I can assure you I have never forgotten the match.

In nearly 20 years of being involved in wrestling as both a head coach and assistant coach I can only remember the referees of three matches. In each match a good wrestler got messed over.

Edited by Jackson

hey sommers,

you are probably right, but i honestly felt bad when i re-read my post. my coach T name could have been "jerkpattonboysdad". i could have said things ALOT better and asked a few questions, etc. i think i emotionally went back to last year when we were involved in a crazy call in the aau state's...and i knew how this kid felt...etc

i am guessing by this post that i might know "hespinnedref"... if i do then i really will feel bad.

and if you do know "hespinnedref", encourage him to chat with me

good luck with spencer, kyle, the dedman brothers, etc...tell them i said go bulldogs!

Thanks good man!!

Jackson do you really believe it to be the same ref?

What a great wrestling community this state really is :thumb: . I would like to meet some you fellas at the states, and buy you guys overpriced :lol: cokes at the arena.

Jackson, you will be there. You and I have more real war stories to tell than most with their tall tales. Character counts and I've been told that we are both characters.

Thanks for helping to put Chris' trouble into an historical perspective.

Edited by noonesfool

Jackson, that is one memory you have there. I guess this situation must have left a lasting impression on you. I was a sophomore on Clarksville's team that year and also very good friends with Kirk Wood at the time. All of the facts you brought up hold true but I honestly cannot remember the biting incident. Not saying it didn't happen but I cannot remember that at all. I actually still have the newspaper story on that at home because it had some very complimenting comments about my brother and I, who also wrestled for Clarksville at the time. I'll have to go and read it.

Jackson do you really believe it to be the same ref?

I went back and reread an earlier post which had lead me to believe that it was the same ref, now I am not sure. The incident was the same, but the ref may have been different. I know who the ref was in my case because he signed the book. You can call me at school if you like.

Once again,this is charlie letting you guys know that I screwed up when submitting a post. Its kind of hard to know what name you are signed in under when you are bouncing around from computer to computer during class. Yes......I to have learned that Springfield would prefer not to help us in our struggle to regain Bowmans elgibility (for some unknown reason), but that is their decision and theirs alone. I respect it and am not goin to bash them on here for everyone to see, but I can not say that I understand it. If anyone from Springfield High,or anyone with connections there that might have a logical explenation for their reply......PLEASE,do share.

and as for nawdawg's question about rankings,I have been in and out of the state rankings through out the season,and currently seeded 3rd in the region tournament (on account of some poor wrestling on my behalf and tough opponents)

so are you going to have a tough first round or do you think you can go all the way with this one?