lipscomb in 2006

pain train

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey vandy1 does the David Lipscomb-Goodpasture game in week zero mean that those two teams will be playing twice this year or does it mean that both teams will have a bye week in week five of the regular season???????

vs Goodpasture (at Vanderbilt)

Greenbrier

at Page

Northwest

at Cheatham Co.

BYE (or at Goodpasture)????????

at Spring Hill

Creek Wood

Giles Co.

at Marshall Co.

Montgomery Central

This game is actually considered Goodpasture's Home game. Both schools will now have a bye in week 5. Which might be good for both schools.

Guest catfish-hunter

will lipscomb be back in the championship next year?

Them and Crockett Co. will be the two favorites to come out of the western half of the bracket and I believe those two teams will meet in the state semifinals in Alamo on Thanksgiving Weekend :thumb:

A team that could be a real sleeper is Marshall Co. if they play to their potential. They have an offense that will be impossible for teams to stop but how will their defense perform is the big question mark.

On the top part of the bracket look for the usual contenders out of Region 2 such as Fulton, AE, Knoxville Catholic, LA, and Anderson Co. to be somewhere in the mix (only four of those teams will actually make the playoffs but which four is up in the air).

There are two sleepers here I believe and they are Pearl-Cohn and White House. I know PC will have a new coach this year but they do return a ton of talent from a team that won nine games and advanced to the second round of the playoffs this past year. White House loses Ladd but they have a capable replacement in Justin West (he'll remind the BDP nation a lot of ex-Blue Devil star Shane Dorris). Their line is going to be much better and I expect for that passing game to turn for the better this upcoming season.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest catfish-hunter

David Lipscomb head football coach Glen McCadams stepped down as the school's AD (reported in today's Nashville City Paper). Unfortunately for everyone else in the region he's going to remain on the sidelines this upcoming fall.

I had another popular coach in this region tell me last week that the reason Lipscomb is so good is because of their coaching. The players at Lipscomb aren't the biggest, fastest, or most athletic but they sure do get after people for four quarters and play the game it was meant to be played. That's a credit to the job Coach McCadams does over there and that's why each and every year the Mustangs are in contention for state championships during the fall.

David Lipscomb head football coach Glen McCadams stepped down as the school's AD (reported in today's Nashville City Paper). Unfortunately for everyone else in the region he's going to remain on the sidelines this upcoming fall.

I had another popular coach in this region tell me last week that the reason Lipscomb is so good is because of their coaching. The players at Lipscomb aren't the biggest, fastest, or most athletic but they sure do get after people for four quarters and play the game it was meant to be played. That's a credit to the job Coach McCadams does over there and that's why each and every year the Mustangs are in contention for state championships during the fall.

Lipscomb is a very hard working and diciplined team that will compete every night from what I am told from a friend in Middle Tenn ... I also know some coaches who were at the DL and LA championship game ... and one of DL coaches talked about how it took them about a half to get adjusted to LA's speed ... wonder how long it would have taken DL to get used to Fulton's or AE's speed ?????

Guest catfish-hunter

Lipscomb is a very hard working and diciplined team that will compete every night from what I am told from a friend in Middle Tenn ... I also know some coaches who were at the DL and LA championship game ... and one of DL coaches talked about how it took them about a half to get adjusted to LA's speed ... wonder how long it would have taken DL to get used to Fulton's or AE's speed ?????

With the exception of Marshall Co. & Pearl-Cohn (who's not in Lipscomb's region) there are no fast athletic 3A teams in the midstate. Teams like Creek Wood, Greenbrier, Cheatham Co., Sycamore, White House, and Page all make a living off of pounding the opposition in the mouth with physical play. Lipscomb is a team that is built pretty much the same way.

livingston wasnt that fast. they only ran two plays. OPTION, and CATES fake option and run opposite side, and a pass or two. DL didnt lose because they werent as quick they lost because of cates and how perfect he was at executing and of the fact that dl didnt tackle well. This just goes to credit how good of a player cates was and is going to be [princeton]

livingston wasnt that fast. they only ran two plays. OPTION, and CATES fake option and run opposite side, and a pass or two. DL didnt lose because they werent as quick they lost because of cates and how perfect he was at executing and of the fact that dl didnt tackle well. This just goes to credit how good of a player cates was and is going to be [princeton]

OH, how soon we forget!! I agree with most of what you are saying-- LA wasn't that fast--Cates WAS!! You are forgetting the 16 carries our FB Jake Reeder had for 116 yards!! He was leading rusher, Cates had 103 and Vaughn had 87 so we ran more than 2 plays!! One sad note we had this year was we had 2 other RB's---Mike Jones-Larue and Vincent Woodruff who would have been stars on many other teams. Mike had about 700 yards rushing in limited playing time and Vince only had a few carries but averaged around 10 yards.If these two guys had been carrying the ball,you would have seen plenty of speed. They were probally the fastest on team besides Cates. Reeder is the only one returning this year so don't look for us in the 'Boro! I think you guys should make it again but you will have your hands full with either AE, Catholic, or Fulton. Good luck!!

Edited by OldCatFan

OH, how soon we forget!! I agree with most of what you are saying-- LA wasn't that fast--Cates WAS!! You are forgetting the 16 carries our FB Jake Reeder had for 116 yards!! He was leading rusher, Cates had 103 and Vaughn had 87 so we ran more than 2 plays!! One sad note we had this year was we had 2 other RB's---Mike Jones-Larue and Vincent Woodruff who would have been stars on many other teams. Mike had about 700 yards rushing in limited playing time and Vince only had a few carries but averaged around 10 yards.If these two guys had been carrying the ball,you would have seen plenty of speed. They were probally the fastest on team besides Cates. Reeder is the only one returning this year so don't look for us in the 'Boro! I think you guys should make it again but you will have your hands full with either AE, Catholic, or Fulton. Good luck!!

im not trying to leave out reeder,..when i said option i was saying triple option. my bad on the confusion

Mustangs getting ready for Spring practice. First day is Friday March 3rd. With baseball, track practices already in full swing and the basketball team still playing whos going to run at QB?

Brad Hunt-Basketball

Kurtz-Baseball

Hillin-Basketball

Lyons-Baseball

Simpson-Basketball

It may be just lineman and linebackers on the field.