OFFICIAL REGION 10 TOURNAMENT INFORMATION

ilovewrestling

COACHES, FANS, WRESTLERS AND ALL OTHERS INTERESTED:

REGION 10 TOURNAMENT AT CORDOVA WILL BE AS FOLLOWS-

MONDAY- 3PM WEIGH IN, 5PM START

TUESDAY- 1 PM WEIGH IN, 3 PM START- (THIS IS A DIFFERENT WEIGH IN AND STARTING TIME THAN WHAT I TOLD THE COACHES EARLIER THIS EVENING AND HAD POSTED ON ANOTHER THREAD)

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE CHANGE IN TIME ON TUESDAY, HOWEVER IT WILL BE FOR THE BETTER FOR ALL OF US

I LOOK FORWARD TO THE GOOD WRESTLING

JASON THIRY

HEAD COACH

CORDOVA HIGH SCHOOL

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TUESDAY- 1 PM WEIGH IN, 3 PM START- (THIS IS A DIFFERENT WEIGH IN AND STARTING TIME THAN WHAT I TOLD THE COACHES EARLIER THIS EVENING AND HAD POSTED ON ANOTHER THREAD)

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE CHANGE IN TIME ON TUESDAY, HOWEVER IT WILL BE FOR THE BETTER FOR ALL OF US

JASON THIRY

HEAD COACH

CORDOVA HIGH SCHOOL

JASON THIRY

HEAD COACH

CORDOVA HIGH SCHOOL

Coach, Why the 1 pm start on Tuesday? Most parents work and won't be able to see there kid/ team wrestle

So instead of late weigh ins Saturday and wrestling as much as possible, they wrestle Mon and Tues (@ hours when most parents work) and for those top 3... get ready Wed and head across state to Chatt?

I understand there were alot of things to consider but just wondering if you could elaborate. I respect the job you do and appreciate your feedback. Thanks

Edited by Bartlett Wrestling Dad

Can you imagine the amount of money to be lost by having it at these times? Besides the disappointment of ALOT of parents?

Just don't understand it. :(

Can you imagine being at Cordova until late Tues after staying on weight all weekend then having to spend all day Weds traveling to Chattanooga (those who will qualify) another day maintaining weight, then having to wrestle at your best for three very long days. I guess when you just sit in the stands you cannot appriciate the sacrifice. Also, I would prefer that the coach driving is also rested!! I am sorry you will be disappointed.

Hey sorry for the aditude. I think we would all prefer to get this going. I doubt the decission came from the region. I imagine the school boards made the call on the weekend activities as a whole. We just have to go with it. If I remember correctly, this is not the first time mother nature has played a roll and pushed everything back a whole week (including the state tournament) Both times it was due to weather. Once for snow, the other for a BLUE TORNADO. The best of the west will be in the round house Wednesday ready to go. Hope to see everyonr there.

JASON THIRY

HEAD COACH

CORDOVA HIGH SCHOOL

When you said all of us ------Who were you refering to?

When you said all of us ------Who were you refering to?

The wrestlers. They are the most important. It is unfortunate that parents will have a more difficult time getting to the event but it is not for them. It is for the kids. The goal is to get them done as early on Tuesday as possible so that they can get in bed early and prepare for the road trip. It is not an ideal situation but one we must adjust to. Those that are prepared will roll with the punches and still take care of business. Those that are now, well?

If the people on this board think that it was my decision to delay the tournament, let me ask the following questions....

1. Why was it that Shelby County Schools called off ALL activities for the entire weekend? Answer------Weather situation

2. Why was it that Memphis City Schools called off ALL acitivites for last night? Answer--- Weather situation

3. Why was it that the TSSAA said that we have until Wednesday, yes Wednesday to get the tournament completed? Answer-----Weather Situation

It is a weather situation that is causing this to be held off until Monday and Tuesday. Decisions were made based off what the school systems had said, plus the fact that the county schools had called off all activities for the weekend. This, I assume would put people at a liablility if something were to happen to a person that is coming to the tournament.

I am not happy about it, nor are my kids that will hopefully qualify for state. But as said in a previous post, if you are prepared it will not be a problem.

I usually do not post on this, however I am not going to sit here and be blasted on this board for something that is all out of our hands----MOTHER NATURE.

I do not know how this is a Poorly ran tournament when it has not started yet. Cordova has ran two tournaments already this year, and both of them seemed to be ran in a reasonable time frame.

I understand that it is difficult, and this week will mentally challenging for us. However, the kids in our region will step up to the challenge from what I have seen this year. At this point it is water under the bridge, and the decisions are made. Cordova High, its parents, wrestlers, and coaches look foward to hosting this tournament.

Coach Thiry,

You know how it goes, its easy to sit here watching the snow melt saying it shouldn't have been delayed til next week. The folks at the Board of Ed offices didn't have the benefit of hindsight and made the call as best they could.

Since I grew up in Buffalo it was just another day in the neighborhood for me.... BUT I've seen how people around here drive in the snow and IT AIN'T PRETTY!!! Better to put safety first.

And like you said, those that are prepared will be able to meet this challenge too. As for me - I'm having a wonderful morning changing my plans for Monday and Tuesday so I can watch 'em get it on at the 'Dova.

You did a good job on the other tournaments this year, and I know y'all will do a great job this week too :thumb:

Coach Thiry,

Sorry you took my post personal. I think if you would re read it you will see that I was just asking a question that I didn't have the answers, and respectfully I might add.

Thanks for the sage reply!

As Rehaber put better than I , that was my point of the boys having to stay on weight and minimum rest time before Chatt. With all that said, I do agree if they are ready, both physically and mentally, well they will be ready.

Look foward to the action.

[quote name='Bartlett Wrestling Dad' date='Feb 11 2006 - 12:37 PM'

As always its about the boys, as a parent I hate to miss anything my son does anyone that is a Coach that has kids understands this and how much it means to that wrestler to see his mom and or dad there.

I arranged all my business travel around this and due to the weather wont be able to see any of it now.

Its about win or lose but to the parents its really about watching our babies, while we still can...