West vs. Clinton

Vegas24

Wow...thats a shocker. The first time Clinton played west they beat them by 40 some odd points. Big upset.

Clinton still has to play Halls on the road. If they could have won out after beating Oak Ridge at home then they would have locked up first place in the district. But now I believe OR is going to take it. Clinton also lost to Powell last week for the second time and that didn't help out either.

The district tournament is what really is going to matter now. Clinton definitely has to bring their A game and step it up and hopefully get on a hot streak. They need to go to regions again.

Clinton didnt beat West by 40 earlier this season. I think Clinton won by around 15 maybe but definately not 40 and also just like the Powell game Clintons defense didnt generate the offense and they were playing flat like they didnt want it with the exception of Dixon. Clinton was just undersized with the bigger West team and that created alot of offensive boards therefore alot more scoring opportunities for West. I look for them to upset 1 of the top 4 right now and go into the regional tournament.

It was Karns that Clinton beat by 40+ at home. The Dragons fell into a shooting slump and only scored 2 points by the end of the first quarter. They got behind early and had to work extra hard on defense and finally got their shooting back in the 2nd half. West also dominated the boards. West deserved the win and is a much improved team. District 3-AAA is as close as ever seen.