District 11AA Tournament

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

Monday night is the final night of basketball of the regular season in the district and there are two games. One pits Montgomery Central, the team playing for a lot, against Creek Wood (who they beat by 23-points just two weeks ago). The other game pits Sycamore, the District 11AA Champions for the 2005-2006 regular season, against Stewart Co. (the only team to beat Sycamore on the year). Two games with one team playing for seeding and two others playing for RESPECT!!!!

Here is the District 11AA Tournament Bracket:

1.) Sycamore

8.) TBD (Fairview or Montgomery Central)

4.) Creek Wood

5.) Cheatham Co.

3.) Stewart Co.

6.) Waverly Central

2.) Harpeth

7.) TBD (Fairview or Montgomery Central)

If Montgomery Central can come up big again and beat Creek Wood on Monday night then they'll get the #7 seed in the district. If Creek Wood takes care of business at home and wins then Fairview will be the #7 seed and Montgomery Central will be #8.

If I were one of the top two seeds in the district I'd much rather open the tournament with Fairview than Montgomery Central. After pulling off a couple of upsets the Yellow Jackets have returned to form losing their final four games of the regular season. If Montgomery Central is able to win Monday night they will have won three of their final five games of the regular season. They shot the basketball very well in the first half of the game at Harpeth this past week and played the Indians tough for a while. Creek Wood, who beat both Harpeth and Stewart Co. on the year, just lost to Central by 23-points during this recent run and those two teams play again to determine how this will shake out on Monday night. Jimmy Young is a veteran coach on a team with a big time player in Cody Dunn. If they come in hot they could be a dangerous first round matchup and I'm sure Sycamore would just assume they go ahead and make the trip to Harpeth next Friday night to open the tourney. That's just my opinion on the matter anyway.

REMEMBER: the new format means that the higher seeded team get to host in the opening round of the tourney. That means that Sycamore, Harpeth, Stewart Co., and Creek Wood will all be hosting next Friday night. The games do not move to Stewart Co. until the next week for the semifinals and the championship game.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday night is the final night of basketball of the regular season in the district and there are two games. One pits Montgomery Central, the team playing for a lot, against Creek Wood (who they beat by 23-points just two weeks ago). The other game pits Sycamore, the District 11AA Champions for the 2005-2006 regular season, against Stewart Co. (the only team to beat Sycamore on the year). Two games with one team playing for seeding and two others playing for RESPECT!!!!

1.) Sycamore

4.) Creek Wood

5.) Cheatham Co.

3.) Stewart Co.

6.) Waverly Central

2.) Harpeth

If Montgomery Central can come up big again and beat Creek Wood on Monday night then they'll get the #7 seed in the district. If Creek Wood takes care of business at home and wins then Fairview will be the #7 seed and Montgomery Central will be #8.

If I were one of the top two seeds in the district I'd much rather open the tournament with Fairview than Montgomery Central. After pulling off a couple of upsets the Yellow Jackets have returned to form losing their final four games of the regular season. If Montgomery Central is able to win Monday night they will have won three of their final five games of the regular season. They shot the basketball very well in the first half of the game at Harpeth this past week and played the Indians tough for a while. Creek Wood, who beat both Harpeth and Stewart Co. on the year, just lost to Central by 23-points during this recent run and those two teams play again to determine how this will shake out on Monday night. Jimmy Young is a veteran coach on a team with a big time player in Cody Dunn. If they come in hot they could be a dangerous first round matchup and I'm sure Sycamore would just assume they go ahead and make the trip to Harpeth next Friday night to open the tourney. That's just my opinion on the matter anyway.

REMEMBER: the new format means that the higher seeded team get to host in the opening round of the tourney. That means that Sycamore, Harpeth, Stewart Co., and Creek Wood will all be hosting next Friday night. The games do not move to Stewart Co. until the next week for the semifinals and the championship game.

I think that it will be another rematch in the championship game with harpeth and sycamore. But you never know, stewart might pull in a win against harpeth. hence sarcasm :thumb:

Edited by HHSnumber1fan

(jus my predictions)

harpeth will finish 1st, after beating montgomery cent, and beathing waverly

sycamore will finish 2nd, after beating faiview, and beating cheatham co.

cheatham will finish 3rd, after beating creekwood, and losing to sycamore, and beatin waverly in consolation game

waverly will pull out a 4th place spot after shockin stewart co, then losing to harpeth, and cheatham in the consolation game

Waverly is playing very strong ball right now, they are capable of all that stuff u said r....tiger. Alex Green has been playin Phenomenal, he has had 3 Double-Doubles the past three games. Against houston co. he had 17 rebounds and 12 points. he had 11 and 12 against fairview, and the other total i cant remember. Dj Reid as always is also playing very well. He dropped 22 in on houston co. and several on Fairview. Brad Mangrum has stepped up quite a bit also. Waverly is getting rebounds, taking smart shots, and playing defense, sounds like a recipe for success to me :thumb:

1.) Sycamore

4.) Creek Wood

5.) Cheatham Co.

3.) Stewart Co.

6.) Waverly Central

2.) Harpeth

So are the games still on in Stewart County for the 18th and 20th? I have heard that is when they were supposed to be played

Guest catfish-hunter

So are the games still on in Stewart County for the 18th and 20th? I have heard that is when they were supposed to be played

Yeah. That would be the semifinals and the consolation/championship games.

Guest catfish-hunter

Top 4 go to regional tournament right?

Yes that is correct.

#1: winner of the District Tourney

#2: loser of the Championship Game

#3: winner of the Consolation Game

#4: loser of the Consolation Game

Essentially, if you get past the first round then you go to the regional tourney.

In the Regional Tourney only the top two advance to the Sectionals. The winner of the Regional Tourney hosts a substate game and the loser travels to play a substate game.

The eight substate game winners go to Murfreesboro to play in what is considered as being "The Tennessee State High School Basketball Tournament" :lol: