DII brackets

sly

DII brackets are now posted on www.tssaa.org

So some kids wrestle less than 3 matches and there the champ.

We really need to get this back to one state or make it large and small.

Region 2 had 20 teams fighting it out this weekend.

This weekend D-II will have 16 teams sending kids for 12 spots.

Looks easy to be a state Q in D-II.

Check out Knox Catholic and see how many kids from their school are heading to state.

You guys have it made in D-II. I'm glad ND had the sense to get out and leave th Dark Side. (D-II)

caption21.jpg

Luke: "I'll never join you!" Vader: "If you only knew the power of the Dark Side

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

Sorry MANIACK 30, Not trying to be negative, just hate the differance between the to tourneys. Miss the days of the best meets the best.

But after watching 2 days of battles in region 2 to see who gets the opportunity to go to state out of 20 teams it just struck me wrong to see the DII brackets.

You are right it is "you would be glad to have that many more kids into wrestling than have them out on the streets. I am just glad that my son is into wrestling like I was over 25 years ago."

I am humbled by your words.

But if your from our great state, then U must miss the pre-split days! :lol:

Sorry MANIACK 30, Not trying to be negative, just hate the differance between the to tourneys. Miss the days of the best meets the best.

But after watching 2 days of battles in region 2 to see who gets the opportunity to go to state out of 20 teams it just struck me wrong to see the DII brackets.

You are right it is "you would be glad to have that many more kids into wrestling than have them out on the streets. I am just glad that my son is into wrestling like I was over 25 years ago."

I am humbled by your words.

But if your from our great state, then U must miss the pre-split days! :lol:

No need to worry, and I do remember the old days, I was public school, but not near good enough to get the chance to wrestle at the State level. This is my son's 1st year to wrestle, he is a junior and I am glad that he is making the effort and learning many life lessons along the way. As has been spoken many times on this board, he is learning that things in life are not always easy and the harder you work, the luckier you get. Wrestling has been nothing, but a real positive experience for him and he has met some really good kids, both DI and DII, that he may never have had the opportunity to meet. Football is his sport and this is only making him better, thanks for the on-going support of the great sport of wrestling.

I really do miss the pre-split days also, I had the pleasure to watch my brother win the state championship when the tournament was still combined, it must have been a true thrill to know that you are the best out there, and not having to wonder if the DI or DII guy could beat you. I wrestled in DII, and the one question I hated being asked was, "do you think you could have won the state if it was combined?" I am also happy kids do have the opportunity to still perticipate in this great sport that breeds leaders throughout life, But I wish we never had to have the DI vs. DII argument. Hey, at least we still have wrestling though! Good luck to all those perticipating in both State tournaments next weekend.

So some kids wrestle less than 3 matches and there the champ.

We really need to get this back to one state or make it large and small.

Region 2 had 20 teams fighting it out this weekend.

This weekend D-II will have 16 teams sending kids for 12 spots.

Looks easy to be a state Q in D-II.

Check out Knox Catholic and see how many kids from their school are heading to state.

You guys have it made in D-II. I'm glad ND had the sense to get out and leave th Dark Side. (D-II)

caption21.jpg

Luke: "I'll never join you!" Vader: "If you only knew the power of the Dark Side

The D-II No.1 and some No. 2 seeds wrestling 103, 119, 125, 130 135, 140, 152, 171, 215 and hwt would spoil the individual D-I's championship party. It is easy to qualify for the state in D-I. D-I should be happy they have regions. It gives them a chance for more mat time. The quality of the kid who goes to the state for either division would not qualify for the state if the former system of having a district and region was in place. Why do you want to criticize D-II? You D-I guys are the ones who whined and cried for the split. You guys got what you wanted...easier wrestling brackets.