Volunteer Falcon Baseball

baseballplayer9

I heard we got some lefty transfer from Virginia somewhere that can hurl it. Hopefully this will help us out in the pitching department this year. Anybody seen him throw yet?

The lefty looks like he might help us, hopefully he will help us a lot. From what I've seen in the scrimages the veterans are going come through but we need some of the others to step up and contribute. We need the two new guys to help out at the plate. If they do the lineup could be more dangerous than last year.

If 2,3, And 4 in the lineup hits like I think they will and Brian has a good year in the leadoff spot we should be able to score some runs.

The last two years someone has stepped up and had an unexpected good year at the plate( Tyler McConnell 2 years ago and Rob last year ), If we can get that this year to go along with Justo, Fleenor, Matt and Brian and the two transfers pan out our offensive lineup would be almost twice as potent as last year!

Defensively we are solid in the outfield, our starting catcher is very good but our backup is still unknown. Shortstop is still a question mark but so far Matt has handled it very well. Justo is very solid on 3rd and Fleenor is solid at 2nd and 3rd depending on who is throwing.

As always pitching is the key. Someone needs to come in and help Justin carry the load. Heath, Matt M., Matt Fleenor, Cody R., and the lefty transfer, one or two of them are your best bets.

My prediction is we will surprise a few people and finish in the upper half of the league.

Good luck guys ! Can't wait til the season starts and the grass starts turning green so I can try out that new mowing machine we got :thumb:

Edited by DandDD

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lefty looks like he might help us, hopefully he will help us a lot. From what I've seen in the scrimages the veterans are going come through but we need some of the others to step up and contribute. We need the two new guys to help out at the plate. If they do the lineup could be more dangerous than last year.

If 2,3, And 4 in the lineup hits like I think they will and Brian has a good year in the leadoff spot we should be able to score some runs.

The last two years someone has stepped up and had an unexpected good year at the plate( Tyler McConnell 2 years ago and Rob last year ), If we can get that this year to go along with Justo, Fleenor, Matt and Brian and the two transfers pan out our offensive lineup would be almost twice as potent as last year!

Defensively we are solid in the outfield, our starting catcher is very good but our backup is still unknown. Shortstop is still a question mark but so far Matt has handled it very well. Justo is very solid on 3rd and Fleenor is solid at 2nd and 3rd depending on who is throwing.

As always pitching is the key. Someone needs to come in and help Justin carry the load. Heath, Matt M., Matt Fleenor, Cody R., and the lefty transfer, one or two of them are your best bets.

My prediction is we will surprise a few people and finish in the upper half of the league.

Good luck guys ! Can't wait til the season starts and the grass starts turning green so I can try out that new mowing machine we got <_<

Pretty good call, DandDD. We will be no threat to the top 3, but we might have a shot at a 4 or 5, if we get extremely lucky. Monday and Tuesday will tell the tale.