Volunteer Falcon Baseball

baseballplayer9

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'll find the going a little rough this w/end in Bristol. Just a hunch. :thumb:

Heckuva Coach?? Have you ever seen him coach? Certainly you haven't seen him coach. He may know baseball but his actions are of a 4 yr old having a temper tantrum when he doesn't get the call he wanted. How many times has he been thrown out of a ballgame? How many times has he been in the back of a police car? Just what we want our kids to see. Or the opponents who laugh at our team. So in retrospect you certainly haven't seen him coach. You could ask, and please do, anyone in East Tn that participates in baseball what their thoughts are on this "heckuva coach" and I promise you that you will hear a story that is far different than what you portray him as being. He has mellowed a bit in his age but his reputation will always be known to all baseball fanatics!!!!!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!

P.S. When the 2 boys want to reply and I'm sure they will....think twice because you know all of this is so true!!!!! :thumb:

Heckuva Coach?? Have you ever seen him coach? Certainly you haven't seen him coach. He may know baseball but his actions are of a 4 yr old having a temper tantrum when he doesn't get the call he wanted. How many times has he been thrown out of a ballgame? How many times has he been in the back of a police car? Just what we want our kids to see. Or the opponents who laugh at our team. So in retrospect you certainly haven't seen him coach. You could ask, and please do, anyone in East Tn that participates in baseball what their thoughts are on this "heckuva coach" and I promise you that you will hear a story that is far different than what you portray him as being. He has mellowed a bit in his age but his reputation will always be known to all baseball fanatics!!!!!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!

P.S. When the 2 boys want to reply and I'm sure they will....think twice because you know all of this is so true!!!!! :thumb:

Well I have not seen or heard about any of the above.

As I stated I just recently moved back here after a few years away. Yes, I have had the chance to watch the team he is coaching this season in first three tournaments of the season. I would have given my left arm to play for a coach like D.G. when I was 12 years old. From what I have seen he teaches the boys discipline on the field, which hopefully will help them off the field as well. He might be hard on them when they make a bad play, but as soon as they do something good he is the first to praise them. When I was 12 I can certainly say there was nobody showing us dedication like he has for these young men, all we had was the Mount Carmel/Church Hill city league, then all-star games.

Good luck to the Falcons against whoever you opponent is this evening, push the streak to 3. Hopefully Falconbaseballbacker will have some good updates this evening.

Edited by Smoke20Scion

i do not see how you people can get on here and say that he is a bad coach. He is hard, but he also has won more games than nebody in AABC. i would have liked to play for a coach like that. he is def. preparing those kids for high school and i think they are going to be alot better players because they played for him

i do not see how you people can get on here and say that he is a bad coach. He is hard, but he also has won more games than nebody in AABC. i would have liked to play for a coach like that. he is def. preparing those kids for high school and i think they are going to be alot better players because they played for him

Dang can you people not read????? I said he may know baseball but he is an idiot on the field when he doesn't get the call he thinks he should get. I've seen him get thrown out of many games. And as for you Pitcher99, you didnt play for him, you have no clue to what we have seen over the years. Maybe that is why you turned out to be the great baseball player you are. I've seen you play and support the other players on the team. If more of the players had your attitude towards the game maybe there might be a few more wins for the team. You need to take the leadership for this team because we haven't seen it this year. Good Luck this weekend!

GO FALCONS!!!!!

LISTEN.........You people should have learned by now not to respond to 'distracters' of your program. The last few pages are rediculous. Don't respond and they will go away.

Aside from that, good luck in the rest of your season. Your move up has been tough but you will grow from the experience. :thumb:

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!

I told myself I would not respond to any more of your mess, but you are hiding behind your computer screen, taking potshots at EVERYBODY involved in AABC, or anyone who supports the high school team. You are dragging things into the public that have no reason to be said, other than so you can try to hurt people anonymously. I know who you are, and this needs to stop. If you hate us that bad, have the cojones to call us and tell us about your feelings or say them to our face. This thread is for talking about the VOLUNTEER FALCONS HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL TEAM. It will be locked soon by the moderators, so we will not be able to keep people updated.

Edited by Falconbaseballbacker

So how did the Falcons fare this weekend in the Washington County Tourny? Haven't heard any updates on the team in the past few days.

While I am at it major congrats go out to the 12 and under East Tennessee Diamond Dawgs a great weekend of baseball played by these young men, another 1st place finish. So far two first place finishes out of 4 tournaments, not bad if I say so myself. These young men battled hard to win the championship 9-8 with the game winning run coming in the bottom of the 6th against a very strong team from Wise.

Keep up the great work guys.

Peace

Randy Holtzclaw