Brainerd upsets Austin East (by 21!)

doc_6

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are yall sure this would be an upset.

This was definitely an upset! Austin-East beat Brainerd by 17 when we played them the first time this season.

I wasn't at this game but, I can assure you that the Austin-East Lady Roadrunners are a much better team than what they showed on Saturday night!!!

They'll be alright and I agree with you Turtle, I wouldn't want to be in Kingston's position on Tuesday night!!!

Brainerd was clearly the better team last night and should get significantly better when Courtney McDuffie becomes eligible (transfer). Congratulations to the Brainerd Coaching Staff!

Will she be eligible before this season is over? If so, how is that possible?

Excellent points about A-E & Brainerd. A-E definitely weren't themselves, and Brainerd will get MUCH better when Courtney becomes eligible. My understanding is that one must sit out a year (from the last date of competition)after transferring from another school without an address change. Courtney is scheduled to play her 1st varsity game during the regionals (assuming they make it, they should, but who knows). Just a side note, Courtney scored 41 last year against basically the same Brainerd team that she plays on now. It will be interesting to see how they mesh with her on the court. She's definitely a difference maker and will provide matchup problems all over the court.

LaKrystal Goss was the player that was missing Saturday night. I think she missed because of personal reasons but besides that the Lady Roadrunners should've had a better showing. Also, one of the LR's post players didn't even play the second half. I don't know what's happening in teh LR's camp but they better get their stuff together if they want to make it back to the State.

Halftime: Well, the AE dancer wasn't there but I'm sure he would've made him bow down. I still think that was funny. They should've played "Lean Wit IT, Rock Wit it!" I probably would've went out there :thumb: Nah, I'm just messing I can't dance like that.

LaKrystal Goss was the player that was missing Saturday night. I think she missed because of personal reasons but besides that the Lady Roadrunners should've had a better showing. Also, one of the LR's post players didn't even play the second half. I don't know what's happening in teh LR's camp but they better get their stuff together if they want to make it back to the State.

Halftime: Well, the AE dancer wasn't there but I'm sure he would've made him bow down. I still think that was funny. They should've played "Lean Wit IT, Rock Wit it!" I probably would've went out there :thumb: Nah, I'm just messing I can't dance like that.

I sorta wanted somebody to go get him, I certainly wasn't the one!

What was the score?

Why has no one posted the score?

Will east Tennessee AP voters ignore this game and continue to vote in lock step?

AE 40

Brainerd 61

I'm sure AE will drop in the polls but like many coaches say, the polls don't mean anything its all about winning that GOLD BALL. AE has the silver but they want the GOLD. I truly believe this was the wake up call that was needed. I'm sure AE will be ready to bounce back tomorrow with a blow out victory over their opponent.