Lebanon Basketball

LHS_Blue_Devils

Son I have supported both Central and Lebanon......don't make a statement that Hutto made Troy Bond......it shows your stupidity and lack of basketball knowledge....Troy Bond MADE LHS basketball....when he came aboard the boys program was terrible....Hutto was about ready to take a short walk.....Troy got the players in the program and COACHED them.....now I will give Hutto a great deal of credit in running the program and organizing it......he is great at that and that might be the quality the girls program needs...but as a coach????????? the guy never even attended a coaches clinic as far as I know. As far as this Bradshaw character he can't win the big one so I hope Randall doesn't take any credit for this guy.

Jake you don't know as much as you try to act like. Hutto is an excellent coach and he wasn't made by Troy Bond or any other assistant coach. I'm sure Troy contributed to the program as an assistant just as Jason Welch(now at Macon County), Matt Bradshaw(Friendship) and Doug Kiel did when they were working with Hutto, but make no mistake that Hutto was always in charge and the one calling the shots. One quality of a good head coach is to hire quality assistant coaches and use them effectively, which Hutto did. Hutto was not the most innovative coach on the planet, but he was very effective at getting his teams to execute his system of basketball and is a very good motivator. Whether his motivational style will translate well with girls is another matter, but there is no question that he is an outstanding boys coach and a good man :thumb: .

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake you don't know as much as you try to act like. Hutto is an excellent coach and he wasn't made by Troy Bond or any other assistant coach. I'm sure Troy contributed to the program as an assistant just as Jason Welch(now at Macon County), Matt Bradshaw(Friendship) and Doug Kiel did when they were working with Hutto, but make no mistake that Hutto was always in charge and the one calling the shots. One quality of a good head coach is to hire quality assistant coaches and use them effectively, which Hutto did. Hutto was not the most innovative coach on the planet, but he was very effective at getting his teams to execute his system of basketball and is a very good motivator. Whether his motivational style will translate well with girls is another matter, but there is no question that he is an outstanding boys coach and a good man :thumb: .

Well we all have our opinions.....I will say this...if Hutto is as good as you 2 say then he could have proven his worth at building a great program out of a sorry one...he should have taken the job at Watertown...after all that is his alma mater....now if he takes that school to the state then maybe he has proven his worth a little more...don't you agree?

Your best bet for a someone to revive this program coaches in the state of Mississippi.....and he is one who has forgotten more in a snotball than Hutto ever knew....if you could get him it would be great but I don't think he would touch girls basketball or Lebanon HS with a ten foot pole......but what name recognition he would bring.

Don't you just love riddles?

.......and taking a team to a state does not qualify you as a good coach.......

.....in case you are interested I coached on the college level in Ohio for 6 years so while I am no expert on the "Boro" I think I know coaching....

I think we can all agree that 'coaching on the college level' does not make you a good coach either.

AND, I think we can all can also agree that being a 'Kentucky Boy' does make you a good coach. There is a whole little bit more to coaching than birthplace.

Edited by saints

The only thing I hear from Rickman is from Rickman. Got to be Hutto or Brown.

Why does it have to be Hutto or Brown? Are they the only 2 candidates for the job? I don't know all that much about Brown, but I don't think he brings overwhelming credetials to the table from what I do know. He may be the right guy, but I don't think he has any great evidence to show it. Hutto definitely has a proven record, but has not ever coached high school girls(I don't believe Brown has either), which is a bit different than coaching high school boys. That is not to say that he would not be successful if he got the job, but there is a bit of an unknown there. I suspect that there are other good candidates that have applied other than Hutto and Brown, so I think you are jumping the gun a little say it has to be one of them. Has anyone even confirmed yet that Hutto will be interviewing for the job? I may be wrong, but I believe Rickman is a non-factor and his little press stunt did nothing, but hurt his chances.

Remember also that principal Don Hassler is not from Lebanon and he may be interested in someone he knows from outside of Lebanon. With Wilson County out on Spring break for another week and a half you can bet that nothing is going to be done until at least April 1 or there about. :thumb:

Why does it have to be Hutto or Brown? Are they the only 2 candidates for the job? I don't know all that much about Brown, but I don't think he brings overwhelming credetials to the table from what I do know. He may be the right guy, but I don't think he has any great evidence to show it. Hutto definitely has a proven record, but has not ever coached high school girls(I don't believe Brown has either), which is a bit different than coaching high school boys. That is not to say that he would not be successful if he got the job, but there is a bit of an unknown there. I suspect that there are other good candidates that have applied other than Hutto and Brown, so I think you are jumping the gun a little say it has to be one of them. Has anyone even confirmed yet that Hutto will be interviewing for the job? I may be wrong, but I believe Rickman is a non-factor and his little press stunt did nothing, but hurt his chances.

Remember also that principal Don Hassler is not from Lebanon and he may be interested in someone he knows from outside of Lebanon. With Wilson County out on Spring break for another week and a half you can bet that nothing is going to be done until at least April 1 or there about. :D

DM, agree with you that there must be some good applicants for the position out of the 16 the article said had applied, Sixteen is a lot but really not for a school that has the stature as this one. I guess that it is good that nobody here has a say as to who it will be nor does anyone here even know the names except one. I spin Rickman another way. He evidently wants the job, became news when a reporter found him at a state championship school in the county, knew immediately that it would be if interest to the people in Lebanon and scooped all of the other papers that served Lebanon. Smart business. It definitely is not something against a qualified person but that has to do with the principal and athletic director. He is one of 16 and when this thread started, only one was heard. The search has evolved to the point that it should have. All of this conjecture has done nothing but find applicants. It is in the hands of the principal and the athletic director which it should be. Certainly parents feeling should be heard but the principal and athletic director have the final

decision. The decision needs to happen soon because Lebanon does not need to lose another season. Best of luck to Lebanon High School because good things are fixing to happen.

Does anyone know anything new going on with this opening? I have heard that the Wilson Central boys' freshmen coach(a.k.a. westtnbballer) is campaigning hard for the job and even had an article in the Lebanon Democrat about it. What is going on with that? Is Greg Brown (former Friendship coach) still interested and is there any word on Hutto? :thumb:

This article. You posted this and I went to find the article.

Had you not read the article? It doesn't make any difference. DK, the principal and AD are the people who are in charge and if he doesn't want the job, Hutto would probably be consulted. WOW, I'm out of here.

I read the article, but I don't remember reading that there were 16 applicants. Maybe I just missed that part. By the way, why do you think they would consult Hutto?