Copper Basin job

Bill#49

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEWS FLASH!!! The board members are not fighting for Coach Stone because they want him gone, too. They are the ones that approach the director about firing him. Unless you have been on both sides of the mountain, like I have, you don't know jack about how it works. They can come up with all the excuses in the world and just because people are dumb enough to fall for them does not make them true. With your latest "inappropriate use of funds," I have now heard five different reasons for Stone being fired. Gossip is gossip and in Polk County it isn't worth the newspaper it's printed on.

QUESTION: You seem to have a personal interest in this matter, True or False. :thumb:

Polk has had some problem's but so has every other county and school system in the state, this is nothing new. Lets look at it from this point. Coach Stone has been there for 13 yrs. with little or no complaints about his teams performance so why would all of a sudden the powers that be decide to run him off from his coaching duties? Knowing that all he** would break loose. Could it be that Coach Stone actually did do something wrong? However, as you said "Look it really doesn't matter what Coach Stone did or didn't do." This is the problem some of the people of Copper Basin have, they believe that no matter what he has done he should not be replaced until they think so. Coach Stone is like a hometown boy because his wife is from the community so naturally they are going to support him no matter what he has done. As for the reason I stated earlier the school boards attorney has probably advised them not to give any reason. If this is so political why are the school board members from Copperhill not fighting this move?? They are not saying a word (hint, hint). So maybe there is a good reason other than what some of the people in Copperhill are saying "those sorry S.O.B's from west Polk are just trying to screw us over up here". B)

Edited by LSUfan

enough of this he said she said. its the west sides fault no its the easy sides fault stuff.they now need a coach. enough said .good luck to who ever gets it.people dont understand this is two counties in one ...and neither likes the other. so please close this tread. and yes i do live in polk.

LSUfan, I know alot more about how things work in Polk than you think. I do know the reason he was asked to resign, but due to the situation no one can state the reason. I never said he was fired from Basin for "inappropriate use of funds". Coach Stone was fired from Mcminn Central for unapproved use of funds which is not gossip but a fact. You need to get your facts straight. Another question to you. Why would the board members want him gone knowing they would come under so much criticism? Maybe it was because they had a reason! You and a whole bunch of other people need to open your eyes and see that there is more to it than politics. Coach Stone felt he was above the system and could do what he wanted even after being told of the problems. Yes, he was warned about the situation but chose to ignore the administration's demands and do what he wanted. As I stated earlier, some peoples problems are brought on by their own doings and decisions. No, I do not have any personal interest in the matter. I just know what the facts are and I am tired of people crying saying it is politics from below the mountain. :o

Well, I know for a FACT that the board members from above the mountain #1 have never liked Coach Stone and #2 they went to the Director personally and demanded Stone's resignation/firing. I do know the facts. I have lived in Polk County for over 20 years and have the facts straight. I do not blame your precious people from below the mountain. The problem is above the mountain. In Basin the question is not HOW MANY want you gone, the question is WHO wants you gone? You know an awful lot because you hear the same RUMORS that I do. The only difference is, I DON'T take them as fact. If the reason was that great, then why is Stone still coaching Girl's Softball? Why is he still a teacher at CBHS?

LSUfan, I know alot more about how things work in Polk than you think. I do know the reason he was asked to resign, but due to the situation no one can state the reason. I never said he was fired from Basin for "inappropriate use of funds". Coach Stone was fired from Mcminn Central for unapproved use of funds which is not gossip but a fact. You need to get your facts straight. Another question to you. Why would the board members want him gone knowing they would come under so much criticism? Maybe it was because they had a reason! You and a whole bunch of other people need to open your eyes and see that there is more to it than politics. Coach Stone felt he was above the system and could do what he wanted even after being told of the problems. Yes, he was warned about the situation but chose to ignore the administration's demands and do what he wanted. As I stated earlier, some peoples problems are brought on by their own doings and decisions. No, I do not have any personal interest in the matter. I just know what the facts are and I am tired of people crying saying it is politics from below the mountain. ;)

I been in coaching long enough to know there is politics in everything. What are they looking for in a coach? Does the community support the program? I saw that they have 17 seniors coming back. What kind of offense did they run? What did they do on defense? What is the biggest reason they were 5-5 and 2-4 in the region. Is Copper Basin a good place to raise a famly? I'm in West TN and don't know alot about Copper Basin, but I might be interested in finding out more. Are they still taking applications or is it too late to apply?

Copper Basin wouldnt' be a bad place to live. Good community support regardless of the wins and losses. ;) That's very obvious if you head that way on a Friday night. The junior football program for Copper Basin is loaded with talent especially in the 7th and 8th grade levels. The younger kids are coached by the parents so a knowledgable and skilled coach would easily raise the program to be very competitive. If you're a young coach looking to make a name for yourself then move on in a 8 or 10 yrs this would be a great job.

Does anybody know who has applied? I know of a few friends that have applied, but they haven't heard anything about interviews yet.

LSUfan, I know alot more about how things work in Polk than you think. I do know the reason he was asked to resign, but due to the situation no one can state the reason. I never said he was fired from Basin for "inappropriate use of funds". Coach Stone was fired from Mcminn Central for unapproved use of funds which is not gossip but a fact. You need to get your facts straight. Another question to you. Why would the board members want him gone knowing they would come under so much criticism? Maybe it was because they had a reason! You and a whole bunch of other people need to open your eyes and see that there is more to it than politics. Coach Stone felt he was above the system and could do what he wanted even after being told of the problems. Yes, he was warned about the situation but chose to ignore the administration's demands and do what he wanted. As I stated earlier, some peoples problems are brought on by their own doings and decisions. No, I do not have any personal interest in the matter. I just know what the facts are and I am tired of people crying saying it is politics from below the mountain. ;)

It is what it is, politics, I know this, you know this, and the community knows this, and the board members knew this before the season even started last year. Seems to me you are the one doing all the crying. Administration is keeping quite because they hope this will just go away, just as you do. As far as the toughness of the region he is in, I think you need to do a little more research, I can only think of maybe one or two others that may be stronger.

I agree, Taft has some good athletes and they play hard. The scoreboard sometimes doesn's show it but after playing Taft you're a little beat up. Towns Co. and Whitwell always play Basin tough regardless of how good they are. They seem to just get up for that game. Coalfield is no push over either.

The schedule is not as tough as it once was, But it is easy to question coaching from the bleachers. TAFT youth center year in and year out are very tough and physical, as for the others I am not sure about.

LSUfan, If you knew anything about teaching and education you would know that a teacher has tenure when they are hired for their fourth year. So a teacher can be fired from their coaching position and still teach in the school system, unless coaching a sport is tied to their job description. :lol: . If you know the FACTS as you stated you would know that he was warned of his wrong doings and continued to ignore the Super.. From your comments, I take it that you played for Coach Stone and must be one of his faithful followers that is oblivious to any of his indescretions. I have lived in the area for over 30 yrs. and know all too well how things work above and below the mountain. No matter what you want to believe Coach Stone has done something wrong, so you and some of the others above the mountain can keep your head in the sand and believe that he is a victim of a witch hunt. Let me ask you a question. How does it feel to have lived in the county for over twenty years and have never opened your eyes!!! ;)

My eyes are wide open and can see straight through people like you. You know everything that is going on but can't say. Bull Crap. You know nothing and that's why you say nothing. You have no more knowledge about the subject than anyone else. You say you have no stake in the matter but then say you are not allowed to give details. If you truly have no stake let's hear some details. Back up what you are saying. Prove me wrong. If I am wrong about Coach Stone I want to know. WE ALL KNOW, due to legal reasons you can't say anything about this even though you have no personal stake in it. CONTRADICTION!!!

Yes, I played for Coach Stone and have lived below the mountain, yes below the mountain, long enough to see and hear from hundred of people just like you. They know everything but can't say. They know the facts but have know proof. Either tell us your great info OR go away.

P.S. I know all there is to know about teaching and education (especially in PC)

WHAT ABOUT THE SOFTBALL JOB?

LSUfan, If you knew anything about teaching and education you would know that a teacher has tenure when they are hired for their fourth year. So a teacher can be fired from their coaching position and still teach in the school system, unless coaching a sport is tied to their job description. ;) . If you know the FACTS as you stated you would know that he was warned of his wrong doings and continued to ignore the Super.. From your comments, I take it that you played for Coach Stone and must be one of his faithful followers that is oblivious to any of his indescretions. I have lived in the area for over 30 yrs. and know all too well how things work above and below the mountain. No matter what you want to believe Coach Stone has done something wrong, so you and some of the others above the mountain can keep your head in the sand and believe that he is a victim of a witch hunt. Let me ask you a question. How does it feel to have lived in the county for over twenty years and have never opened your eyes!!! :lol:

Edited by LSUfan

Adminitstration is keeping quite because they have to. If you knew anything about School Law you would know this, but the average person just thinks that they are keeping quite because they have no good reason. I am not crying I could care less. As for region you have got to be kidding. LSUfan and you are unbelievable in saying that this region and schedule is tough. As far as TAFT goes its a youth prison they do not know who is going to play from week to week. Townes Co. hardly knows how to line up, then you throw in Silverdale, Grace, and Temple for region games. The only teams you play are South Pittsburgh and Coalfield even Whitwell is not the team that they used to be. Copper Basin should win 7-8 games every year. Maybe you and LSUfan should get together and do some research on how tough this region and schedule really is. You are only as good as the teams you play!! ;)

It is what it is, politics, I know this, you know this, and the community knows this, and the board members knew this before the season even started last year. Seems to me you are the one doing all the crying. Administration is keeping quite because they hope this will just go away, just as you do. As far as the toughness of the region he is in, I think you need to do a little more research, I can only think of maybe one or two others that may be stronger.

Yes, Administration has to keep quiet but why do you? You are the all knowing "amabala." Fill us with your great knowledge, so that the less fortunate and ignorant can be enlightened by your superior mind.

As far as playing weak teams in the district, Stone did not pick his own district. Do we down grade success because we HAVE to play weak teams? Polk Co. did great this year and people are saying their district was DOWN. I have heard, "East Ridge was not at peak to play them that early," does this make Polk a bad team? Does it lessen the success of their season? Should Davis and the boys hang their heads in shame becuase maybe everyone wasn't at top potential? NO, OF COURSE NOT.

But since you know everything, I am sure yuo already thought of all that!!!

Adminitstration is keeping quite because they have to. If you knew anything about School Law you would know this, but the average person just thinks that they are keeping quite because they have no good reason. I am not crying I could care less. As for region you have got to be kidding. LSUfan and you are unbelievable in saying that this region and schedule is tough. As far as TAFT goes its a youth prison they do not know who is going to play from week to week. Townes Co. hardly knows how to line up, then you throw in Silverdale, Grace, and Temple for region games. The only teams you play are South Pittsburgh and Coalfield even Whitwell is not the team that they used to be. Copper Basin should win 7-8 games every year. Maybe you and LSUfan should get together and do some research on how tough this region and schedule really is. You are only as good as the teams you play!! <_<