Copper Basin job

Bill#49

Guest Frodo - Bearer of the Rng

Amabala,

You need to open your eyes. Apparently you can't see how corrupt this school system is. If you need examples I can provide them. YOU need to get off your high horse and on to another thread.

Bottom line Coach Stone is a good man and good coach. Maybe being fired will be the best thing for him. Oh, and the director of schools, super, man in charge-whatever-did what he was told. After all he has a lot of promises to fill.

From the way you sound you must be apart of the good old boys. That's fine defend them all day long. Everyone knows how it works.

I agree with Amabala in the sense that if you are so unhappy in this county, why not choose another one that is more fitting. And good luck! I know u.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really doesn't matter Basin can't help what region their placed in. However the non-region schedule is a joke and you know it. The only exception is for Coalfield and they waxed Basin, but what really is bad Basin dropped Polk to play Coalfield. They could have saved the county $500 in diesel by driving 30 minutes to Benton to get the same thing they drove 3 hrs. for in Morgan County!! :lol:

Because we play region 4 every year. Look at what happened to every team that faced a team in 4, they got blowed out. Union City was suppose to be tough and they got blowed out 56-0 in the Championship by Trousdale, as well as Hampton the week before. However, I think you are comparing Region 3 to teams that Polk play which is 3a, that is really not fair. Other than region 4 I think it is fair to say the rest of the regions are very close to equal. By the way that other weak team you refer to as Temple, put 22 points up against Trousdale, more than any team Trousdale played even, 3a state champ Livingston. Whitwell beat Grundy about as bad as Polk did, and Grace was ranked as high as tenth in the sports writers poll. So, put that with Silverdale beating Midway, I think it is fair to say other than region 4, region 3 is just as solid as any of the other regions.

Hey Mark (LSUfan) and Elisha (sportsgal). I'm sure the parents that have children in your class at Benton Elem. would rather have you teaching than spending your day on CoachT.

Everyone knows who you are. If you hate it so bad why don't you go somewhere else!!

Hey Mark (LSUfan) and Elisha (sportsgal). I'm sure the parents that have children in your class at Benton Elem. would rather have you teaching than spending your day on CoachT.

Everyone knows who you are. If you hate it so bad why don't you go somewhere else!!

[/quote

I think that is a great point! I know the "Super" and he is not a bad guy at all. I wonder if he knows that his elementary school teachers are staying on Coach T all the time instead of working? He will know by the time the wekend ends I can tell you that.

Hey Sportsgal.....you talk about what a great coach coach Stone is. Well, over the past five years he is 24-32. I am so glad my standard is not so low as to consider that "great". I hear you are a coach. R u a "great" coach, too?

Yeah, my name is Elisha Rogers and I do coach softball at PCHS. I do teach students, quite well I might add and so does my husband. We have done nothing but defend a person who has done nothing to deserve what has happened. We never said we hated it here. We just know how it is and there are many good people here that make it worthwhile. Instead of getting personal lets focus on the topic. We don't have to hide behind login names. Just ask we'll tell you anything you need to know. Heck, look our phone number and give us a call.

Mark and Elisha Rogers

We do have planning periods, bathroom breaks, lunch, and many other non-instructional times. We still work hard as teachers and coaches, just ask any of the parents that we deal with on a daily basis. Having breaks is a part of every normal work day whether you're a teach or not. Besides that we rarely post anything, with the exception of this thread and the past couple of days. I see nothing wrong with it and do not see any reason for the personal shots. We have a right to an opinion just like anyone else.

Mark Rogers

Hey "coaches" Mark and Elisha! Where have you been this weekend? I guess you will wait until tomorrow to post when you are supposed to be teaching and getting paid by the Polk County Board Of Education.

Frodo........ I don't know Coach Stone, I have no stake in Copper Basin or Polk County athletics and I certainly am not taking sides in this issue, but I do have a problem with one of your statements. You said "Hey Sportsgal.....you talk about what a great coach coach Stone is. Well, over the past five years he is 24-32. I am so glad my standard is not so low as to consider that "great". There is more to being a "great" coach than win/loss record. If you only look at the number of wins and losses to determine greatness, I truly feel sorry for you.

I agree a coach's won/loss record does not indicate whether they are a great coach, there are too many other factors involved. Coach Stones' record was not why he was fired. However, a great coach or any for that matter does have the responsibilty to act professionally and show integrity and honesty.