District 8-AA Tournament

timbdp

AGAIN, EVERY LOSE IS NOT THE OFFICALS FAULT. WHEN YOU POST THESE KINDS OF MESSAGES IT ONLY TAKES AWAY FROM THE HARD WORK OF BOTH OF THESE TEAMS. IN EVERY GAME, ONE WILL WIN AND ONE WILL LOSE. DCA IS A GOOD TEAM AND SO IS WHITE HOUSE, BUT AT THE END OF THE GAME THE SCORE IS WHAT IT IS. THAT WAS A GREAT GAME AND BOTH TEAMS DESERVE ALOT OF CREDIT. THE CHARGE FOULS WERE QUESTIONABLE, BUT WHAT CALL ISN'T, DEPENDING ON WHICH SIDE OF THE GYM YOUR ON. I AM A WHITE HOUSE FAN AND WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE THEM WIN, BUT DCA DESERVED THE WIN. THE TIME RAN OUT AND THEY WERE AHEAD. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH DCA IS THE FANS AT THAT GAME. THEY ABSOLUTLY RAGGED MEGAN ROBERSON EVERY TIME SHE TOUCHED THE BALL. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOPPED BY ATLEAST ONE ADULT THAT WAS WITH THAT TEAM. I SAT NEAR HER MOTHER AND IT SEEMED VERY CRUEL TO DO TO A YOUNG LADY TRYING HER BEST TO DEEP IT TOGETHER UNDER THAT KIND OF PRESSURE. SHE DIDN'T DESERVE THAT FROM ANY FAN, MUCH LESS AN ENTIRE SECTION OF FANS. DOES ANYONE REALLY THINK THAT TEACHES SPORTSMANSHIP? I FELT BAD FOR HER AND HER FAMILY. IT TOOK THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME FOR THEM ALL. THAT KIND OF BEHAVIOR IS NOT ALLOWED AT WHITE HOUSE BY JEFF CORDELL, AND I DON'T THINK MANY OF OUR PARENTS WOULD STAND BY AND WATCH IT EITHER. DCA IS A PRIVATE, CHRISTIAN SCHOOL THAT PRAYS BEFORE EACH HOME GAME,( WHICH I REALLY ENVY) BUT THAT IS A SAD REPRESENTATION OF WHAT THEY SHOULD STAND FOR. AS FAR AS THE TWO TEAMS, THOSE GIRLS ALL RESPECT EACH OTHER FOR THEIR INDIVIDUAL ABILITIES. THAT IS SOMETHING WE FANS CAN ALL STAND TO LEARN FROM THESE PLAYERS. JESSE EDGAR HAS NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR #24, WHO STOOD HER GROUND POSTING UP AGAINST HER, AND I BET THE OTHER PLAYERS WOULD TELL YOU THEY FEEL THE SAME. PARENTS (FANS) SHOULD TRY AND ACT AS THOUGH EVERY GIRL ON THE FLOOR IS THEIR OWN OR ATLEAST REMEMBER THAT THEY ARE SOMEONES. BOTH OF THESE TEAMS WORKED THEIR TAILS OFF IN THAT GAME AND THAT IS ONE THING NO ONE CAN DISPUTE. CONGRATULATIONS TO DCA AND WHITE HOUSE.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AGAIN, EVERY LOSE IS NOT THE OFFICALS FAULT. WHEN YOU POST THESE KINDS OF MESSAGES IT ONLY TAKES AWAY FROM THE HARD WORK OF BOTH OF THESE TEAMS. IN EVERY GAME, ONE WILL WIN AND ONE WILL LOSE. DCA IS A GOOD TEAM AND SO IS MFEMFEMFEMF, BUT AT THE END OF THE GAME THE SCORE IS WHAT IT IS. THAT WAS A GREAT GAME AND BOTH TEAMS DESERVE ALOT OF CREDIT. THE CHARGE FOULS WERE QUESTIONABLE, BUT WHAT CALL ISN'T, DEPENDING ON WHICH SIDE OF THE GYM YOUR ON. I AM A MFEMFEMFEMF FAN AND WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE THEM WIN, BUT DCA DESERVED THE WIN. THE TIME RAN OUT AND THEY WERE AHEAD. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH DCA IS THE FANS AT THAT GAME. THEY ABSOLUTLY RAGGED MEGAN ROBERSON EVERY TIME SHE TOUCHED THE BALL. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN STOPPED BY ATLEAST ONE ADULT THAT WAS WITH THAT TEAM. I SAT NEAR HER MOTHER AND IT SEEMED VERY CRUEL TO DO TO A YOUNG LADY TRYING HER BEST TO DEEP IT TOGETHER UNDER THAT KIND OF PRESSURE. SHE DIDN'T DESERVE THAT FROM ANY FAN, MUCH LESS AN ENTIRE SECTION OF FANS. DOES ANYONE REALLY THINK THAT TEACHES SPORTSMANSHIP? I FELT BAD FOR HER AND HER FAMILY. IT TOOK THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME FOR THEM ALL. THAT KIND OF BEHAVIOR IS NOT ALLOWED AT MFEMFEMFEMF BY JEFF CORDELL, AND I DON'T THINK MANY OF OUR PARENTS WOULD STAND BY AND WATCH IT EITHER. DCA IS A PRIVATE, CHRISTIAN SCHOOL THAT PRAYS BEFORE EACH HOME GAME,( WHICH I REALLY ENVY) BUT THAT IS A SAD REPRESENTATION OF WHAT THEY SHOULD STAND FOR. AS FAR AS THE TWO TEAMS, THOSE GIRLS ALL RESPECT EACH OTHER FOR THEIR INDIVIDUAL ABILITIES. THAT IS SOMETHING WE FANS CAN ALL STAND TO LEARN FROM THESE PLAYERS. JESSE EDGAR HAS NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR #24, WHO STOOD HER GROUND POSTING UP AGAINST HER, AND I BET THE OTHER PLAYERS WOULD TELL YOU THEY FEEL THE SAME. PARENTS (FANS) SHOULD TRY AND ACT AS THOUGH EVERY GIRL ON THE FLOOR IS THEIR OWN OR ATLEAST REMEMBER THAT THEY ARE SOMEONES. BOTH OF THESE TEAMS WORKED THEIR TAILS OFF IN THAT GAME AND THAT IS ONE THING NO ONE CAN DISPUTE. CONGRATULATIONS TO DCA AND MFEMFEMFEMF.

Nicely said....see timbdp even other fans agree that you bring the team down when you say stuff and make excuses like that. And don't worry about who I am.....Becera you are right about the fans, I dont have a problem with chanting airball after a shot or something but once its done its done and should be dropped, I know that it had to of bugged Megans family to the point where they couldn't enjoy the game. But also its kind of hard to say they shouldn't be allowed to do it because its not like they are yelling a profanity or anything but I think it would even get on my nerves just yelling it the whole time. I thought Megan should have mabe held the ball longer so they would get sick of saying it. Great game though WH and im sorry you lost tonight too. You had a great season and have a great future ahead of you. Good luck next year, and hopefully timbdp won't bring you guys down after every loss with his escuses.

I think the previous post about the DCA fans picking on the White House players holds absolutely no merit. I sat, as a casual observer, unaffiliated with any team, and listened to several adults from the White House crowd refer to Goodpastures center as a "fat cow" while she was shooting free throws and called their coach "Pee Wee". These comments were directed at specific individuals and several of the comments were laced with profanity. Obviously there are several idiots at each game, but a student section hazing a player vs. an adult demeaning a child by referring to her as a "fat cow" are two seperate issues. The hazing is part of the game and is in a competitive nature, the other is just complete redneck idiocy. The fact of the matter is, your White House crowd is no better than anyone else...you should try controlling the idiots cheering with you before trying to control the other team's student section.

Edited by aj1133

FIRST OF ALL aj1133, SOME OF YOUR PREVIOUS POST INDICATE THAT YOU ARE A WHITE HOUSE FAN OR PLAYER. ONE POST SAYS THAT YOU WERE EXCITED THAT JESSE EDGAR AND COACH DAVIS WERE YOUR BIGGEST SURPRISE OF THE YEAR, SO ANYWAY? I NEVER HEARD ANYONE SAYING THOSE CRUEL THINGS, AND IF I HAD I WOULD NOT HAVE HESITATED TO TELL THEM WHAT REDNECK'S THEY WERE. THAT IS UNREAL THAT ADULTS WOULD BE SO IMMATURE AND MEAN TO ANY KID. THAT'S NOT TO SAY I DON'T BELIEVE YOU. FOR WHATEVER REASON, SPORTS SEEM TO BRING OUT THE WORST IN EVEN THE NICEST OF PEOPLE. MY QUESTION IS THIS.... WHAT DID YOU DO WHEN YOU SAT AND LISTENED TO THIS INSANITY GO ON? SOMEONE HAS GOT TO HAVE ENOUGH GUTS TO SPEAK UP AND TELL PEOPLE WHAT THEY THINK OF THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR! THE ONLY THING I OBSERVED AT THE GAME WAS MR. CORDELL REPRIMANDING OUR STUDENT SECTION FOR BEING OBNOXIOUS. I HAVE SEEN HIM DO THIS MANY TIMES. I NEVER MEANT TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE WHITE HOUSE FANS ARE WITHOUT FAULT, BUT FROM MY EXPERIENCE, I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT GO ON OPENLY FOR AN ENTIRE GAME. WHITE HOUSE HAS ONE PARENT FOR THE BOYS TEAM THAT I HAVE WITNESSED TOTALLY "DOGGING" HIS SON'S COACH OUT LOUD WHILE SITTING RIGHT BEHIND THE BENCH. I FELT LIKE THAT WAS SOMETHING COACH MATHIS WOULD HANDLE HIMSELF AFTER THE GAME. ANYWAY, I AM SO PROUD OF WHITE HOUSE GIRLS AND THE CLASS THEY HAVE SHOWN THIS YEAR AND LAST YEAR. THEY ARE CHAMPIONS IN MY EYES!!

I am by no means a White House fan, in fact I was an observing coach scouting for a forthcoming game. I did say that Coach Davis was a big suprise and that is because he took a team that won single digit games last year to a twenty win season this year. Not a fan, just stating the facts. So to respond to your post, I did not say anything to the idiot screaming profanity because I could have cared less how he portrayed the White House fan, it is none of my concern. I agree that it is ridiculous for an adult to act that way and that is why I brought it to your attention. It is not necessarily justified for students to attack the players on the court verbally, but they are just kids. As for adults, there is absolutely no excuse for that kind of behavior. I am not a White House fan, but I do pay attention to my surroundings, that is why I felt compelled to respond to your post that to me seemed to be a load of crap. A good student section will learn everything they can about an opposing team and use it against the opposition throughout the game. We played an away game this year in wich every player was recognized by the student section and many of the students knew the players parent's name. If it bothered you as much as it apparently did, imagine the turmoil it caused the player. It is up to the player to maintain composure and tune out the opposing fans. if they are paying attention to the crowd then they are not properly focused on the game.

Edited by aj1133

aj1133, I WASN'T SUGGESTING THAT YOU SHOULD CARE HOW WHITE HOUSE FANS ARE PORTRAYED. I WAS SUGGESTING THAT YOU SHOULD CARE HOW THE PLAYER THAT WAS BEING CALLED A FAT COW WAS MADE TO FEEL. BUT AS YOU STATED, WHAT'S IT TO YOU? SECONDLY, I DON'T POST LOADS OF CRAP, AS YOU SO MATURELY CALLED IT. I POSTED WHAT I KNOW TO BE TRUE FROM WHERE I SIT AND WHAT I HEAR, AND IT HAS NEVER BEEN ANYTHING LIKE WHAT YOU HEARD AT THIS PARTICULAR GAME AT WHITE HOUSE.

Maybe the White House administration could have a big neon arrow pointing to your seat so that visitors from other schools will know where to sit if they want to see a shining example of the perfect fan. Congrats on being the upstanding citizen and model sportsman! Is that what you want to hear, if so I hope I have satisfied your ego for the time being. I have to assume that you have never actually played sports in your life, otherwise you would be more adept to what happens at sporting events. First, opposing fans are entitled to and will argue and haze both players and refs. To the extent to which they do this is an individual moral judgement and in my opinion what the students did was completely acceptable and in a competitive spirit. If you felt so strongly about this you should have taken your own advice and addressed the student section that you claimed was out of line. As for the adult, I am not responsible in any way for what some idiot says in the stands, and if I took the time to correct everyone that I did not agree with, my quality of life would be very poor. I should only hope that the adult's children will not follow the example of his parent, otherwise it would seem that White House is in the midst of a vicious cycle. You appear to be an expert at pointing a finger becera, but just maybe you are not the saint that you hope to appear to be. I hope and am sure that your daughter, niece, sister, or whoever your interest in the game might have been, handled the adverse atmosphere that the student section created better than you did.

Edited by aj1133

Athletics brings out and displays the best and worst our society has to offer. What you all are discussing happens in every gym in America where there is competition and fans are present. That is the negative side of athletics...but fortunately the kids on the floor represent the best...if only the parents in the stands would follow the example of their kids on the floor!!!

NICELY SAID, HICKORY HUSKER. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN IMPLYING ALL ALONG. AS FOR YOU, aj1133, GET SOME HELP FOR YOU ANGER MANAGEMENT AND PATHETIC ATTITUDE. YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY THE KIND OF PERSON WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. IF YOU REALLY ARE A COACH FOR SOME OTHER TEAM, AND NOT JUST SOME PUNK WHO SITS IN THE STANDS AND ACTS LIKE A JERK, HOW SAD FOR THOSE GIRLS !!! I AM DONE ARGUING WITH A MORON. I GUESS THE TRUTH REALLY DOES HURT.

NICELY SAID, HICKORY HUSKER. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN IMPLYING ALL ALONG. AS FOR YOU, aj1133, GET SOME HELP FOR YOU ANGER MANAGEMENT AND PATHETIC ATTITUDE. YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY THE KIND OF PERSON WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. IF YOU REALLY ARE A COACH FOR SOME OTHER TEAM, AND NOT JUST SOME PUNK WHO SITS IN THE STANDS AND ACTS LIKE A JERK, HOW SAD FOR THOSE GIRLS !!! I AM DONE ARGUING WITH A MORON. I GUESS THE TRUTH REALLY DOES HURT.

Could you not have said all that without using the words you chose? I'm locking this thread because of the name calling...it ends now.