why does nobody care about middle school?

Baseball2008

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my opinion middle school basketball doesent get enough respect...it should because it is importan to these high school programs

I agree. Middle School basketball does not get much repsect. I think a lot of that depends on how the High School programs for each county look at the Middle School programs. If they value it as a feeder program, as it should be, then those schools seem to get more repect. The community notices more when the leaders of basketball in that community pay more attention to the programs.

this is rediculous....middle schools all get respect from their local community's...these kids arent playing for scholarships so their not going to get statewide attention....i love watchin middle school ball but dont get it out of hand and think these kids should get statewide attention...it gets as much respect as it deserves

i guess you right..."as much repsect as it deserves"...

I love watching it too...I love watching high school and college as well...I guess we shouldn't take any of it too serious. :huh:

this is rediculous....middle schools all get respect from their local community's...these kids arent playing for scholarships so their not going to get statewide attention....i love watchin middle school ball but dont get it out of hand and think these kids should get statewide attention...it gets as much respect as it deserves

I dont think that's fair! Middle schools deserve WAY more respect then they get. They try just as hard as high schools!Ya they aren't playing for scholarships, but there still trying there best for when they do get to high school.If you don't have a strong middle school team in a few years your high school team won't be strong either. So there just as important.

I love watching it too...I love watching high school and college as well...I guess we shouldn't take any of it too serious. ;)

I agree with you and i'm a middle school player for the huntsville bears of course its important but all it really is is players getting ready for high school and half of the players dont even play for there high school like me i prob will stick to football and give up bball at my high school ;)

i completely and totally DISagree! it's just like bleacherfan1 said if you don't have a strong Middle School team, in a couple of years, you won't have a strong High School team either. these kids deserve just as much respect as the high school players. if they don't get the respect then they start to look at it as just some past time that keeps them in shape and busy after school. unless of course basketball is what they live for, then it shouldn't matter how much respect they get.

I love watching it too...I love watching high school and college as well...I guess we shouldn't take any of it too serious. ;)

im going to have to disagree with you there when you say, "I guess we shouldn't take any of it too serious. " some of these players live to play basketball, i just don't think any of you realize the amount of passion and determination some of the players out there have.

Edited by warriorette_10

im going to have to disagree with you there when you say, "I guess we shouldn't take any of it too serious. " some of these players live to play basketball, i just don't think any of you realize the amount of passion and determination some of the players out there have.

Trust me...I know how serious it is. It is serious to most people to spend 5-6 days a weeks either practicing or in a game. I was directing the sarcasism at the person who seemed to take "himself and high school basketball" serious and nothing else. For the kids who play at our local school, I want them to think that we as a community take it seriously and we do respect and admire you all for your committment and dedication to sports as well as academics. Middle School should not be compared with the High School level. It is completely different. But it serves a valuable purpose to the basketball community. (As does elementary school, AAU, Junior Pro leagues, etc. ) #10...I admire your passion for the game at your level...keep up the great attitude and don't let ANYONE make you think you don't deserve respect!!! No one is asking for statewide recognition...maybe just a word of encouragement!!! Good Luck Warriorette!!!

i completely and totally DISagree! it's just like bleacherfan1 said if you don't have a strong Middle School team, in a couple of years, you won't have a strong High School team either. these kids deserve just as much respect as the high school players. if they don't get the respect then they start to look at it as just some past time that keeps them in shape and busy after school. unless of course basketball is what they live for, then it shouldn't matter how much respect they get.

im very aware what happens if you dont have a middle school team...that has nothing to do with caring about them....i care about my middle school team but im not bringing student sections and getting all fired up for the games...some of them are 11 years old....the level of play is just not that intense....this topic is rediculous

:thumb: I'm familiar with Cully's tradition to a degree, but the community support that a middle school team gets depends on the community I'd say. The high school players officiate and run our K-3 league and we have a county wide Jr. Pro league with teams in 4th, 5th and 6th grades. Then 2 years of middle school ball before high school. You're just as likely to see the middle school or high school coach at any of those games and there's a summer camp to boot. I think the ones that matter respect the feeder leagues below them.

It's natural to leave a program behind once you've graduated from it and to aspire to the next level. The middle schoolers aren't buying tons of tickets to the Jr. Pro games (unless there's a brother or sister playing) and high school players aren't buying up middle school tickets. The guys that go on to college aren't buying tickets to the high school game either. Usually, the best game in town is the high school game and everything trickles down from there. That's not disrespect. It's just how it is.

well i grew up in coffee co. and i played in their elementary league and every game we ever had we had a full gym...filled up the whole high school gym....if thats not caring then i dont know what is...thats why i think all this is rediculous....ppl act like younger kids get no respect....when they get tons of respect so i dont know