Can Memphis Hamilton finish the season undefeated?

Tigersteve44

If Memphis Hamilton can run the table they will join these other 11 teams to win the TSSAA Championship undefeated. (Note: I said the TSSAA Championship.)

1943 Chattanooga Central, 33-0 Championship game score: 48-30

1949 Humboldt, 44-0 46-38

1950 Happy Valley, 36-0 34-26

1965 Murfreesboro Central, 32-0 41-33

1966 Nashville Pearl, 31-0 63-54

1969 Chattanooga Riverside, 32-0 44-39

1971 Nashville Cameron, 32-0 56-50

1974 Melrose, Large Div. 33-0 66-30

1975 Bolton, Small Div. 35-0 103-74

1993 Battle Ground Acdy., A 33-0 74-71

1997 Perry County, A 37-0 82-47

Source: TSSAA website.

Edited by Tigersteve44

I don't know what the competition is like anywhere else in Tennessee but Hamilton is beatable. I was hoping the ice in Memphis would hold off until sunday to see RE and Hamilton play in the city championship but it didn't. Hamilton is huge. I talked to Coach Adams at raleigh Egypt and he said that they'd probably get beat the first time they played hamilton but wouldn't lose the second time. If anyone knows adams he's a big film buff. I watched hamilton play melrose and after the first quarter melrose had a 4 or 6 point lead something like that then hamilton slapped the press on them. If your patient against them and can break a press then you have a shot and o yeah you better be able to play some "D" and boxout out some guys that can jump out of the gym.

I don't know what the competition is like anywhere else in Tennessee but Hamilton is beatable. I was hoping the ice in Memphis would hold off until sunday to see RE and Hamilton play in the city championship but it didn't. Hamilton is huge. I talked to Coach Adams at raleigh Egypt and he said that they'd probably get beat the first time they played hamilton but wouldn't lose the second time. If anyone knows adams he's a big film buff. I watched hamilton play melrose and after the first quarter melrose had a 4 or 6 point lead something like that then hamilton slapped the press on them. If your patient against them and can break a press then you have a shot and o yeah you better be able to play some "D" and boxout out some guys that can jump out of the gym.

I watched Hamilton play against Bolivar Central and I totally agree with you. I think Raleigh-Egypt has a better shot at the state title. I see two losses for Hamilton. Don't be surprised if the first loss happens in the District 16 AAA tournment. (Fairley or Kingsbury)

Another reason i think RE will beat Hamilton if the meet in Sectionals or State touney is because i don't think Hamilton is well coached he just has unreal athletes. I believe Adams is one of the better coaches in Memphis. Granted he has some of the top athletes but they do what he wants them to do and it's not just get the ball and go. They actually listen very well for a team that is loaded with guys that can go. So if it comes down to coaching the second time you have to give the edge to Adams.

I tend to agree. However, many teams have won a state championship in spite of their coach. For example a Kingsbury team that went 37-1. Additionally, teams can be overcoached. For example, last year's Fairley team. It must be a combination of good coaching and talent. Good coaching also means knowing when to let your players play. Jimmy Adams is an example, and Wes Henning is another.

Edited by Tigersteve44

Adams does let his players play as long as it is in the system which i think every coach should do. A prime example of this was when Tippet was winning all the state tourneys with Sheldon. They played their game in the White Station system. And when you have a system like Tippets you know it comes down to coaching, Ex. look at ECS this year, went from nothing to state contenders in the D2 division.

Adams does let his players play as long as it is in the system which i think every coach should do. A prime example of this was when Tippet was winning all the state tourneys with Sheldon. They played their game in the White Station system. And when you have a system like Tippets you know it comes down to coaching, Ex. look at ECS this year, went from nothing to state contenders in the D2 division.

Again, it comes down to players and coaching. I watched Tippet from Trezevant, to White Station, to ECS. If he doesn't have the players he won't win. When White Station was in 16 AAA he was getting killed, against those coaches that people say can't coach.

Coach Ford at Fairley has the same system he ran at Memphis Tech. When he has the talent his system works fine. (He has a winning record against Tippet.) Prime example, was the Fairley team with Corey Beck, D. Steward, and Martin. It was ranked in the top 5 by USA Today, but lost to a David Vaughn led Whites Creek team in the state semifinals. But there has been other times when Ford's system have handcuffed the team. The last two Fairley squads were amoung his most talented, only to lose in close games against Jackson Northside.

If Memphis Hamilton can run the table they will join these other 11 teams to win the TSSAA Championship undefeated. (Note: I said the TSSAA Championship.)

1943 Chattanooga Central, 33-0 Championship game score: 48-30

1949 Humboldt, 44-0 46-38

1950 Happy Valley, 36-0 34-26

1965 Murfreesboro Central, 32-0 41-33

1966 Nashville Pearl, 31-0 63-54

1969 Chattanooga Riverside, 32-0 44-39

1971 Nashville Cameron, 32-0 56-50

1974 Melrose, Large Div. 33-0 66-30

1975 Bolton, Small Div. 35-0 103-74

1993 Battle Ground Acdy., A 33-0 74-71

1997 Perry County, A 37-0 82-47

Source: TSSAA website.