Can Lipscomb repeat?

Baller677

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think about lipscomb's chances of repeating as state champions?

Probably not - how many back to back champs have there been? They lost their best pitcher, two of the best offensive players and probably some team speed.

Pigeon Forge, Milan, Covington and all the other pretenders will be there in the end.

Webcoach, i am going to have to disagree with you. Libscomb will cakewalk through this district. Merry could be the best pitcher in the state that nobody has ever heard of. He has beaten my team first hand on several occasions. He is a bulldog on the mound and refuses to lose. Baumgartner has the genes to be a great player and he is also a pretty good pitcher. Lyons pitched alot last year also. The big question will be hitting, but i am sure Ernie will have them geared up sitting on that fastball just like always. If they face someone that throws like 60 mph then they could be in trouble, but they will tee off on the pitchers in this district. They have seen great pitching in the past three years and have almost always been up to the challenge. This year will be no different!

Yes Lipscomb lost Brock, but with Josh Holt and Kevin Davis moving up, they will have the deepest pitching depth in their district. They also have stellar defense led by their catcher, Neeley. look for them to run deep this year into the playoffs

also they have daniel lyons who is an outstanding right handed pitcher as well as jason hull who is a very hot bat as well as some skill at the middle infield position look for lyons at shortstop as well

Is Lipscomb a better team this year than last year? Also, I really do wonder how many times a state champ has repeated in baseball.

With all the redistricting, who knows what will happen? Lipscomb is perennially competitive, but I don't think they are as strong as last year.

You have to look at the competition beyond district also. East and West teams will seriously contend.