God I love this sport

bear cat brown

I'm glad that I don't have to sing in the choir today, for after the last verse of "Let's go Irish " at Hooters (Great Food) BCB is left without a voice. You might want to go refill your coffee, cause I got lots to say in my last post of the year.

Now that your back lets start.

Here's what I'm glad for this year!

I'm glad that Soddy and Baylor won this weekend, for I think that 4 great teams (Bradley and McCallie) deserve to be crowned champions this year. And since McCallie and Bradley won the Duals it turned out to be a great year in wrestling from this fans stand point.

I'm glad that I was there to see Kenny Mara ,who is without a doubt the best darn Ref in the state of tenn, Ref his last match. Good luck Kenny reffing the pee wees

I'm glad that both Bo Urasy and Nick Bundy won State titles.

I'm glad that Martha and Roy, ( they were the two ushers who kicked me off the floor and out of the aisle 642 times ) had a great sense of humor. Roy, I had that pitcher of Screwdrivers made up for you but you never showed.

I'm glad that Shane Turner and Kevin Emily have the passion, fire, and love of the sport and are never afraid to show their emotions

I'm glad that I got to sit by Mr Spain While his son wrestled a double OT match. I have never witnessed a seemingly calm person in such a tense situation. You might want to start giving seminars, I think Harry and I could benefit

I'm glad that a Soddy man gave up his seat to me (this was Roys 542ed time to tell me to get off the floor) while my youngun was wrestling in the semis. Thank you Mr McCrosky. On the same note thank you Mrs McCrosky for the goody bag that you made for the Irish boys (no garnishment this week)

I"m glad for all the people that I have met through wrestling. New ones to add to the list Mr and Mrs Randolph & Wendell Weathers and last but not least Zac Adamson, he's a chip off the old block

I'm glad for meeting # 129, I thought it was a classic, but nothing beat our last one # 356

I'm glad that all three Region 4 103lber brought home some hardware Tee 3rd, Dustin Stewart (SD) 5th and Chris Bradbury (Ool) 6th

I'm glad the Keefegirl and Stove top Stuffing are Irish Haters. Today has to be an eat crow all day , for these two feeble boys. To quote stick it up your pipe " Irish will be way down the leader board on Sat night looking up at the 3rd place team"

As N. Dynamite said "Gosh Idiot "

I'm glad that the Byrnwood boys brought it home: Ben Johnson 1st Daniel Waddell 1st ,Spike Rawn 2nd, Tee Boone 3rd and Joey the Man Royster who unfortunantly was in the toughest weight class D1 125 and did not place but who has my admiration. Way to go boys.

I'm glad for the Young Boys ( Twins and Jake ) What a meeting that had to be. In the same thought I hope that Mike Bell brings home the Gold next year, for he is a classy young Catholic man.

I'm glad that Virginia Ann and Tim Manson decided to have that second child. Cory Manson is the epitome of what I hope my children grow up to be. Cory you will be sorely missed by this fan and the Baylor wrestlers and fans. Good Luck in your Bright Future.

I'm glad for all the other coacht fanactics Walkenvol, Raider76, Harry, MtnRasslin, Herm, Ijtx, LuLu, Cityhigh79, Rawn, Rawn2, Allsaints,Sassylongandlean,Deadduxs,WhiskyJoe, Rabble Rouser, Jakesdad, Bayoubear,coachcarter and all the many others that have made this a fun year. I forgot one, thank you Sommers, and your boy is a he77 of a wrestler.

I'm glad I finally got to put a face to Brickhousechick

I'm glad that my Godson Mr Adamson is a 2x State champion and that Spike Rawn had a unbelievably run in this years state tournament in finishing 2nd and Ian Merideth our LEADER won his final match as an IrishMan

I'm glad we finally won the award for loudest and enthusiastic fans. That's the way fans should be. Bradley and Soddy set the bar high in the duals but I think we might have past them " LETS GO IRISH

The last thing I'm glad for is that James Jabaley is back in the Irish wrestling room helping out. I know he has meant alot to the 103lber

Now what I'm grateful for:

The chance to spend time with all the Irish wrestlers, you guys are great representives of your families and of NOTRE DAME

Coach John Mullins, Tim Voiles and John Lennon. I wish the wrestling community knew how these men have excelled without a feeder program, practicing in a 15 x 30 room and putting up with Harry and I ( Mostly me ) I'm glad we made our dec to send Tee to ND

The Merideth clan: Vicki and Doc have been and I hope will continue to be a large part in ND wrestling. Tevis, I will miss your hat stealing abilties Ryne thank you for the filming of the boy, you finally got the last one perfect. Ian, I wish you great success at the Naval Academy.

Getting to spend time with my Great friend Harry, It has been a excellent adventure and one I look forward to for the coming 7 years.

Sassylongandlean she puts up with all my faults( and she says I have quite a few) and still loves me, that's a pretty good woman

And last but not least my son TEE BOONE. I'm a hard #### son of a gun and tough to please but he has made me so proud throughout his life. For his 1st High School wrestling year he finished 50-4 in getting a 3rd at state. I'm very proud of you and Love You very much, but I can still kick your butt in PingPong

Two things that I would have changed this year are:

1. I believe that the best refs in the state should be at the State tournament. I don't understand why we have to have x amount from each city. Chattanooga is blessed to have the very best and they all need to be there

2. I would change the result of one match . I wish that Robby Robinson would have won his finals match, that one broke many peoples heart including mine, for he is such an unbelievably young man. But in true Robby Robinson style he was smiling later. Thank You Robby

I know that I will have several edits, for little things will come to me later on, but for now..............sing it with me Walkenvol ,Screen door slams , Marys dress waves. Like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays, Roy Orbison...........

Good night Mrs Habershaw where ever you may be

BEAR CAT BROWN

Edited by bear cat brown

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that I will have several edits, for little things will come to me later on, but for now..............sing it with me Walkenvol ,Screen door slams , Marys dress waves. Like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays, Roy Orbison...........

Good night Mrs Fabershaw where ever you may be

BEAR CAT BROWN

BCB-----I think this might be one of those little things that will come to you sooner or later for an "edit", but just in case it might slip your Hooter's distracted mind, don't forget what Stovepipe had to say in this post he put up to the topic your bosom buddy, Harry T, started on Thursday about your last meeting of the year at The Chat Cat..................

"Its been a very busy week and my coacht/day visits are at a stand still. However, I am glad to see Keefjams can still keep the spirit alive. I will be sure to check in on Monday (notre dame no where near the top three in state) and the day after Senior Nationals (When reviez goes 1-2 Masterblaster).

Until then remember the name. "

........................................................................................................................

That's some mighty fine looking crow waiting to be eaten. But I doubt Stove is going to voluntarily chow down on it----------------you might have to feed it to him yourself. Looking forward to a response about your beloved "no where near the top three in the state" Irish.

Edited by BuckLateral

my my.... i love this sport also.

I agree with nearly all that he said. Especially when BCB spoke so kindly of Roy and his co-workers.

Can we create a fan club for them?

It was almost a sport to find proper viewable seating for important matches, and throwing in the constant seating directions gave me something to get my mind off the stress of the tournament.

So here is to you Roy and company! Thankyou for your unfestering dedication to your duties at the tournament.

You might want to go refill your coffee, cause I got lots to say in my last post of the year.

What a marvelous, classy post. The world of youth sports can so often be a cesspool of crude, overzealous, immature parents and hangers-on that it can make you want to slit your throat. This board manages to often be an exception to this, though, and this post is a prime example. Thanks, BCB. I've been reading your posts for a couple months now but learned more about you today than in all that time combined. I sure didn't know you were Tee's father. What a tough rascal he is--congratulations to both of you for a great season.

And then you conclude with Thunder Road!?!?! Holy cow. Clearly, you are a man of superior taste, as well!

BCB-----I think this might be one of those little things that will come to you sooner or later for an "edit", but just in case it might slip your Hooter's distracted mind, don't forget what Stovepipe had to say in this post he put up to the topic your bosom buddy, Harry T, started on Thursday about your last meeting of the year at The Chat Cat..................

"Its been a very busy week and my coacht/day visits are at a stand still. However, I am glad to see Keefjams can still keep the spirit alive. I will be sure to check in on Monday (notre dame no where near the top three in state) and the day after Senior Nationals (When reviez goes 1-2 Masterblaster).

Until then remember the name. "

........................................................................................................................

That's some mighty fine looking crow waiting to be eaten. But I doubt Stove is going to voluntarily chow down on it----------------you might have to feed it to him yourself. Looking forward to a response about your beloved "no where near the top three in the state" Irish.

I gave them a little press time BuckL, just enough to where their twisted girly minds will fume.

Coach Anderson told me to give you a shout. Seems ya'll go back a long ways.

BCB

BCB-

As someone who knew you and Harry before you were you and Harry, you boys have always cut a wide swath. You two have certainly done so on this board and at the various wrestling and meeting venues of the season. Y'all have always kept things lively and continue to do so.

Congratuations to your son, Godson, Harry, Sassylongandlean, and the rest of the Irish nation. What a great year all of you had.

See you next year (from a slightly different perspective).

I gave them a little press time BuckL, just enough to where their twisted girly minds will fume.

Coach Anderson told me to give you a shout. Seems ya'll go back a long ways.

BCB

BCB------still no sign of Stovejam or Keefpipe, or was it Keefstove and Pipejam?. All I can remember is a lot of talk about the A-AA "cupcake division" championship ND won, , one of them making meow sounds, the other spouting Latin phrases and quoting from Shakespeare, and both of them assuring you and Harry " The Imposter" Thornton ( because we all know the real Harry is dead) that your beloved Fighting (Green) Irish were going to get spanked when they had to wrestle with " the big boys" ( I think Stove's words were: I guess we can say that Notre Dame can't carry the "butt clothes" of DII or DI AAA.) I'm still trying to find it, but didn't you or Harry actually put up a post that predicted an ND finish in the top four-------maybe even their actual finish of third? If you did, dig that up and heap it on that dead crow you got boiling in that pot for those two---------assuming, of course that they show up to take their licks.

Congratulations on this weekend------------I think I know of a former ND heavyweight whose not with us anymore that was flashing that big smile of his Saturday night .

Yeah, Coach Anderson and I do go back aways------probably farther back than you are old. I'm going to have to yank some of the few remaining hairs he has left out of that bald dome of his for "outing me". I'm not sure what had Yogi pumped up more this weekend, , the wrestling tournament or seeing his boy James Jabaley ( 3x state champ for ND at 105 ).

By the way, you and Harry T have a cod lock on this year's "Irishdad" award. Things had been a little dull on the board this year with his departure but you guys managed to kick it up a notch this last month and make things interesting. Hate to say it, but we might even have to give Keefe and Stovie a supporting actors award .

Edited by BuckLateral

Bear Cat, you and Harry have made Coach T worth visiting all season. Thanks...

i'd have to agree with you on that, but more important than their rantings is the support group for ND wrestling( where they have brought many out of the closet).This will help their school's wrestling numbers and hey if you are gonna follow this great sport from nov. - feb. you might as well have fun - Congrats to N.D. and CLAN for a good year - JT