5 MONTGOMERY BELL ACADEMY 68 5 (tie)

6 NOTRE DAME 55 9

7 FATHER RYAN 36 10

8 SCIENCE HILL 30 11

9 OOLTEWAH 28 7

10 CLARKSVILLE 25 5 (tie)

11 FRANKLIN 23 11

12 CHRISTIAN BROTHERS 18 12

Others receiving votes: BRENTWOOD ACADEMY, COLLIERVILLE, FRANKLIN ROAD ACADEMY, GREENEVILLE, KENWOOD, SEYMORE

Below is an updated version of my response from two years ago when similar questions came up. Hopefully this helps.

At the end of the 1991 wrestling season, several coaches were discussing ideas to promote wrestling in Tennessee. One of the ideas was to creating a state wide wrestling poll determined by coaches. The purpose was to promote high school wrestling in our state and recognize those teams that have performed at an outstanding level of achievement. We consider all Tennessee teams in one poll.

You bet I would love to post the names of the pollsters to publicly thank them for their dedication in promoting wrestling. Each is perfectly willing to volunteer that information and can tell you how they voted if they prefer, but I do not have their permission to state names or votes. For the record, I am one of the pollsters.

FYI: The eleven pollsters are picked based on their coaching experience, objectivity, geographic distribution, division distribution, enthusiasm for the task, willingness to share their time and energy, recommendation by a retiring voter. For demographics: Division II (4), Division I (7); northeast (2), southeast (3), middle (3), west (2), at-large (1). My estimation for their years in coaching: less than 10 (1), between 10 and 20 (2), more than 20 (8). Most have been voting since the beginning. They are fantastic and, like so many other people involved in wrestling, they do this voluntarily to help the sport.

Certainly there are many other coaches that could also do a great job and who would be willing to help when a current pollster retires.

Despite power outages, technical difficulties, inclement weather conditions, ringworm epidemics, and other complications, we have tabulated the votes as entered by the panel every week of wrestling season since 1992. For several years, the Associated Press distributed the results but in recent years it is sent out weekly to over 200 media outlets across the state.

We have made some changes over the years and are always interested in suggestions to improve.

Thanks for the interest.

Luther

Edited by MLK

Below is an updated version of my response from two years ago when similar questions came up. Hopefully this helps.

At the end of the 1991 wrestling season, several coaches were discussing ideas to promote wrestling in Tennessee. One of the ideas was to creating a state wide wrestling poll determined by coaches. The purpose was to promote high school wrestling in our state and recognize those teams that have performed at an outstanding level of achievement. We consider all Tennessee teams in one poll.

You bet I would love to post the names of the pollsters to publicly thank them for their dedication in promoting wrestling. Each is perfectly willing to volunteer that information and can tell you how they voted if they prefer, but I do not have their permission to state names or votes. For the record, I am one of the pollsters.

FYI: The eleven pollsters are picked based on their coaching experience, objectivity, geographic distribution, division distribution, enthusiasm for the task, willingness to share their time and energy, recommendation by a retiring voter. For demographics: Division II (4), Division I (7); northeast (2), southeast (3), middle (3), west (2), at-large (1). My estimation for their years in coaching: less than 10 (1), between 10 and 20 (2), more than 20 (8). Most have been voting since the beginning. They are fantastic and, like so many other people involved in wrestling, they do this voluntarily to help the sport.

Certainly there are many other coaches that could also do a great job and who would be willing to help when a current pollster retires.

Despite power outages, technical difficulties, inclement weather conditions, ringworm epidemics, and other complications, we have tabulated the votes as entered by the panel every week of wrestling season since 1992. For several years, the Associated Press distributed the results but in recent years it is sent out weekly to over 200 media outlets across the state.

We have made some changes over the years and are always interested in suggestions to improve.

Thanks for the interest.

Luther

thank you for your tireless support of wrestling and your efforts to promote tennessee wrestling - your still my favorite ---allie man , but i liked you better in red - JT

Edited by deaddux

I vote for region one and have been doing so since Bill Brimer passed it off to me in I think 1996.

The poll is one of many labors of love on the part of Luther Killian, who is about the finest person I've ever known in this sport.

And I still think Ooltewah and Greeneville were pretty good this year.

Jeff Price

Science Hill