Powell @ Anderson County

Slick24

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the easiest pick of the day. AC by a long shot. AC has the hitting and the defense to help out. Plus they have a strong pitching staff with picking up some new players. We played AC last thursday, and they beat us as well.

It would be good for Powell to come in and win, but even if they don't, a close game would be good. I know a few of them and they are already talking their trash about how good they will be. I wish them the best of luck, but I'm not sure on their game skill.

Its also hard to judge a scrimage. I know that we don't play our starters the entire game, we all rotate every two innings. I don't know how they will set up their scrimage, so you never know if it is a ligit score or not.

Anderson County beat Powell tonight 6-1. Powell gave up 3 or 4 in the first inning but couldnt get the sticks going, they had one chance in the 5th inning with bases loaded Jake Sanford came up and went down watchin 3 fastballs, if he would have got on it would of rolled back around to Farmer and Franklin, but was a pretty good game tonight. Anderson County has a great team and will go pretty far this year, Powell also looked good tonight if they get there bats rolling they will suprise some people from what i saw on the defense tonight, anyone eles got anything to say about this game?

I was hoping to get to the game last night. We play Powell our first game of the season at their place, and I wanted to see how they looked since last year. I already knew how AC would be because we played them the other night.

Did AC play their starters the whole time, or did they mix it up a little bit? Same for Powell?

I know that some teams use scrimages as a chance to play everybody at many different positions to see how they look. Use the scrimage as sort of another try-out for the spots.

Powell played almost all of there starters through the 5th inning, and changed pitchers every inning, Anderson County played there starters about the same but changed pitchers about every 3 innings when the starters went out i think the score was 4-1 maybe 5-1 cant remember.

Who are AC's best players

AC's biggest thing is their pitching this year. They have a guy by the name of Byrge, he throws mid 80's. They have a pretty good middle infield with the combingation of Stooksbury at 2nd, and Fields at SS. Their catcher is really solid, I'm not exactly sure what his name is. Their outfield is pretty good, I'm not sure on thier starters out there.

Thats pretty good for Powell to switch pitchers every inning and still be able to hang within 4 runs. Their pitching quality must be pretty decent then. You could possible worry about how long their pitchers could go in regular season with only pitching such little time.

The reason we only pitched each pitcher only one inning is to see what they can do in a game like situation, our pitchers have been throwing since early October getting better every day. Pitchin is the best thing we have this year, and if the bats do come alive we will have a pretty good team.