Div. 1 Dream Team vs. Div. II Dream Team

FromFieldtoPitch

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-1 schools can pull kids too and they do....take for instance maryville..any kid can attend maryville high school if they want, all they have to do is pay like a 1000 something dollars for transfering to a school they are not zoned for. i know many kids transfering all the time from one school to another. In knoxville some parents will just buy/rent a house or apartment in the school zone and send the kid there. For schools like maryville and oak ridge in counties outside of knoxville i see them no different then any other private schools they can take kids out of knoxville if they want plus these high schools have pretty good academics on par with some private schools.

valid point you have there mofo. we also cannot just assume that just because a team is D2, then they recruit. the only two schools i know of from d2 that actually bring kids in for wrestling are mccallie and baylor. every other school just gives financial aid to kids who are academically superior but yet cant find the money to go. i would like somebody to name one person not from baylor or mccallie that was recruited by a d2 school to wrestle.

valid point you have there mofo. we also cannot just assume that just because a team is D2, then they recruit. the only two schools i know of from d2 that actually bring kids in for wrestling are mccallie and baylor. every other school just gives financial aid to kids who are academically superior but yet cant find the money to go. i would like somebody to name one person not from baylor or mccallie that was recruited by a d2 school to wrestle.

It is a great relief for Baylor and McCallie to be able to openly recruit and pay for the education of their wrestling teams. It makes it much so easier for all involved.

It is a great relief for Baylor and McCallie to be able to openly recruit and pay for the education of their wrestling teams. It makes it much so easier for all involved.

How did this topic turn into the same old D-2 crap. Talk about the match ups not trashing or defending D-2 schools.

I think there were a few kids get to the semis that were a shock to some. I remember looking at some of the brackets trying to figure out where the kid came from and they were not in the top 4.

I guess this years biggest upset was 189lb Morgan of UC over Clarksville Minnwell in the Semis! The #4 over #1.

Did that happend in d-2 this year or in the past? Seams to happen in D-1 every year.

I think Jake Gaismeir of Baylor did it in 2004 but I could be wrong.

Jake Geismer rules!!!

Wait you think ben johnson was only the 3rd or 4th best 125 in state? who do u think is better besides Usary? Im pretty sure ben only lost 1 match all year to Ringolds 125 who is like a 3x georgia state champ and ben beat him this year the last time they wrestled. I agree that usary and him would be a good match but johnson being only the 3rd or 4th best 125 in the state is a long stretch in my opinion.

Uh, MR Goins would be a 4X'er