7AA post season honors

wormy1

Could anyone explain to me how in the world a team can go 12-0 in district play, winning the district by 4 games and the coach not be coach of the year? That is unquestionably one of the most unbelievable things I've ever seen. The Coach from the team that won it record is under .500. This occurred in district 7AA. I guess I could say the MVP coming off a 3rd or 4th team is more believable than the coaching situation. If LA was supposed to have or does have the most talent could possibly factor into the equation to a certain degree. But winning the district by 4 games and going undefeated, what kind of credentials does it take to get Coach of the year. Melton, you deserved it but what can you do about it? Nothing, but you deserved it.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could anyone explain to me how in the world a team can go 12-0 in district play, winning the district by 4 games and the coach not be coach of the year? That is unquestionably one of the most unbelievable things I've ever seen. The Coach from the team that won it record is under .500. This occurred in district 7AA. I guess I could say the MVP coming off a 3rd or 4th team is more believable than the coaching situation. If LA was supposed to have or does have the most talent could possibly factor into the equation to a certain degree. But winning the district by 4 games and going undefeated, what kind of credentials does it take to get Coach of the year. Melton, you deserved it but what can you do about it? Nothing, but you deserved it.

WITH THE PLAYERS LEFT BY THE FORMER COACH, JUST ABOUT ANYONE COULD HAVE WON THIS DISTRICT. HE DID A GOOD JOB, BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL IF IT CONTINUES. HOPE IT DOES. THE DISTRICT WAS THE WEAKEST I HAVE SEEN IT IN A LONG TIME. YES, HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE COACH OF THE YEAR, AND CATES WAS BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER IN THE DISTRICT THIS YEAR.

WITH THE PLAYERS LEFT BY THE FORMER COACH, JUST ABOUT ANYONE COULD HAVE WON THIS DISTRICT. HE DID A GOOD JOB, BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL IF IT CONTINUES. HOPE IT DOES. THE DISTRICT WAS THE WEAKEST I HAVE SEEN IT IN A LONG TIME. YES, HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE COACH OF THE YEAR, AND CATES WAS BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER IN THE DISTRICT THIS YEAR.

Good players do not always mean you are going to win. Phil Fulmer had some pretty good returning players and posted a wonderful 5-6 record. Bruce Pearl inherited what most would consider a little less than average team and has won the SEC East. If good players automatically means wins explain:

Hilham 36 Allons 35

Hey wormy let it go and quit beating a dead horse. Coach Melton has done a great job this year and as long as the LA faithful know this then that's good enough.

Hey rocking chair i guess i was beating a dead horse. I had overlooked the previous posts about this situation. I didn't realize this subject had been so thoroughly addressed on the message board. I still say it takes more than good players to win. Hilham 36 Allons 35

Hey rocking chair i guess i was beating a dead horse. I had overlooked the previous posts about this situation. I didn't realize this subject had been so thoroughly addressed on the message board. I still say it takes more than good players to win. Hilham 36 Allons 35

I wasn't trying to be smart but I didn't want to get this started again with 1 Dekalb fan and some of the other teams.

I agree with you 100% about having good players and winning. It takes a coach to get the best out of the players and Richard has done that.

Look at the Vols in football. They have some of the best talent in the country and the coaches up there can't get them in position to win.

Coach Melton IMO has done a good job and will get better as time goes on with or without the players. He seems to be totally committed to give all that he has and that's half the battle right there. We have had some pretty good talent over the years in most sports at LA and have never really won. But I see that trend changing in the future.

I wasn't trying to be smart but I didn't want to get this started again with 1 Dekalb fan and some of the other teams.

I agree with you 100% about having good players and winning. It takes a coach to get the best out of the players and Richard has done that.

Look at the Vols in football. They have some of the best talent in the country and the coaches up there can't get them in position to win.

Coach Melton IMO has done a good job and will get better as time goes on with or without the players. He seems to be totally committed to give all that he has and that's half the battle right there. We have had some pretty good talent over the years in most sports at LA and have never really won. But I see that trend changing in the future.

NEVER WON, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST 50 YEARS. LA HAS WON MORE THAN ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE UPPER CUMBERLAND. DANNY MCCOIN REALLY LIFT A GREAT TEAM FOR RICHARD THIS YEAR, AND HE DID A GOOD JOB WITH THEM.

NEVER WON, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST 50 YEARS. LA HAS WON MORE THAN ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE UPPER CUMBERLAND. DANNY MCCOIN REALLY LIFT A GREAT TEAM FOR RICHARD THIS YEAR, AND HE DID A GOOD JOB WITH THEM.

I wasn't around 50 yrs. ago were you. LA has won more what than anybody in the Upperman Cumberlands. Your leaving out a lot of info there Pete.

Sounds like to me your hung up on this Melton and McCoin thing. I know Danny could care less about this BULL your rambling on about. I can't speak for Richard but I'm sure he feels the same way.

Or maybe your trying to get me going. lol I could care less who coaches them. Let's don't get this who's better than who crap going. That's what's wrong with our athletics programs over here ever since I've been around and it's getting pretty close to 50 years.

If the people would let the coaches coach and quit worrying about who 's done the best job and put all the support behind our kids I'm sure we would be more successful as anybody.

I pick up the paper last week and Hilham and Rickman has shocked the sports world with their big wins. Hey people that's a good thing that's what it's all about. Those kids overcame great odds from what I know and beat the teams that pulverized them during the year. But I get on coachT and it's a darn shame how the fans and some of the parents carry on. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. It's about the kids not the parents or fans.

I know this type stuff goes on in other places but this by far is the worst county I know.